• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's your favorite pistol to carry ?

Wglide90

imported post

I CC a S&W M&P 40C loaded w/ WWB FMJ 180 or WWB BEB 180 in a Don Hume pancake holster. The carry mag doesn't have the pinky extention by choice but my spares do. If I decide to OC I will have the extender on the mag. The main reason I have not OC'd is that I have not been able to get to a get-together for initial orientation and preparation.

I really like the M&P, it handles nicely w/o much kick and gets on target quickly when repeating fire.

Have had zero issue with gun after ~200 rounds.

h2ofowl

imported post

I carry my compact CZ 75 in 40 cal 90%of the time, loaded with winchester 180 gr silvertips. Other times i carry my taurus cia 357 snubby and or my ruger lcp.

wally1120

imported post

I gotta show my love for the Springfield XD. Have a Springfield XD Compact Bi-Tone 45ACP. Keep her feed with 45 Auto+P 165gr Pow`RBall, 45 Auto+P 185gr DPX, 45 Auto 230gr Hydra - Shok`s and .451 230gr hornady XTP W/5.7gr of Bullseye powder Reloads are loaded as hot as you can get them. I just got some Hornady TAP 45 Auto+P 200gr today ,Also carry her in a Blackhawk Serpa Holster with the Paddle style attached.

Just gotmy Taurus Millennium PT111 not the PRO model back.Her Dietis 115gr Hornady Critical Defense. Shesleeps in a Fobus TA-M Paddle holster. Now she is gone.

Replaced with a Ruger 22/45 Mark 3 .22LR target Model W/Scope mounted on her,Not relly a carry piece but fine target plinker.

Now I am got the first handgun I ever shot when I was just a lil shi5. A Rossi M971 .357. She sticks with a 125 Gr + P Speer Golddot`s,With the Speedloader having 125 Gr + P Winchester Silvertips

Both of my Girls have 1 in the chamber and 10 in the Mag. And carry the Rossi with the Cylinder loaded up.Only PMS`s when I pull the trigger and they dont care if I show attention to the other one. I love this Relationship

But I would hae to say of the 2 the XD is my favorite to carry, but, I carry both at the same time.

pdidinpain

imported post

LFB wrote:
The only one I have.  Mainly got it because of its $139 price tag.

My Hi Point C-9 9mm.
(Not actually mine but even this guy has the bicycle inner tube grip like me)!
c9.jpg

I Here that they (HiPoint) is 100% machine made, no human hand touches that gun from start to packaging! I think they are UGLY, but allot of people love them and think about it, if you have a farm or play in the mudd, i would rather risk breakin or gettin it dirty then a $500 to $900 gun ya know. they do jam but they do shoot to, so to each his own!

pdidinpain

imported post

hopnpop wrote:
Say what you will but I have been 100% happy with my Taurus PT140 Pro.  It's my primary carry with an extra 10-rd mag.  I often carry my Taurus 851 CIA .38 Spl as a back-up. 

SDC10486.jpg

Thinking my next will be an XD40 or Glock 23.  Only thing is, and feel free to add your thoughts, I was thinking I'd like the 23C or having the XD40 ported.  But also, would like to go with night sights.  Got to thinking, tho, in a low-light situation where night sights would be beneficial, would the flash from the porting more/less make the night sights useless?  Trying to find a Glock 23C with night sights - it's a difficult combination to come by and it occurred to me that this might be the reasoning for that.  Any thoughts?
SDC10482.jpg

Have a Mil pro pt111 9mm and love it, some people like taurus and some dont, good lookin, good shootin for the price. easy breakdown and cleaning process to

manicdevery

imported post

InspectorGadget wrote:
For CC it is a Glock 27 - 40 S&W, Trijicon night sights, Crimson Trace Laser and a Pierce Grip Extension in a Desantis Gunhide Cozy Partner holster.  Loaded with Winchester Ranger SXT 180grn Law Enforcemet ammo.

DSCF1663.jpg

For OC it is a Sig Sauer P226 Elite - 40 S&W, Siglite night sights and Hogue grips in a Sig Level 2 SERPA style holster.  I have a Blackhawk Level 3 SERPA on order, but it hasn't arrived yet.  It is also loaded with Winchester Ranger SXT 180grn Law Enforcemet ammo.

DSCF1665.jpg

I currently have one magazine worth of the ranger SXT 180gr law enforcement ammo as seen in your pics but the new ranger SXT 180gr law enforcement is in a brass case and totally different design that i didn't like near as much in a ballistics test i did.
I was just wondering if there was anywhere you knew of that had the aluminum casing like in the pic anywhere. thanks much

manicdevery

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Hey dude I don't think that is an aluminum case! That is nickel plated brass.. all LEO ammo uses NP brass. I think Hornady CD uses it too!

Thanks for the clarification. i didn't think so either originally. they are still not good for reloads though correct?

wally1120

imported post

Wrong you can reload Nickel plated cases, Just not Aluminum well actually you can but they would split after the second round is shot. So dont spend to much on Aluminum cases.

manicdevery

imported post

much thanks for the info guys, every one on this forum is knowledgable as well as nice.

back on topic, i am looking into kimbers .380, that looks like a pocket 1911 as a back up. . . after i finish paying for this divorce. . .

SlowDog

imported post

For me it's old school. I carry a springer 1911A1 45acp. Speer gold dot and Remington FMJ's. 2jhp's then a FMJ and so on. Carry it in either a fobus paddle or a Slide holster.When in the woods I alway carry my Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2 inch 44mag in a custom made tie down holster. Just bought a new Bersa Thunder 380 plus 15+1. It will be my back up gun. Couldn't pass it up. was almost 100 of list. I love GunBroker.com...hehehe

LaVere

imported post

4726727795_f9b48974af_m.jpg

Photo from Sig Sauer Mag Ad. copyright 2010

Sig P-226 9mm Sig P-229 .40SW with four extra mags each.

4096914410_7993a7ea42_m.jpg

Showing the Holster that I generally use on the left.

Milt Sparks Holsters

Executives Companion model

wally1120

imported post

NEW UPDATE, SORRY ABOUT THAT

Springfield XD Compact 45 ACP Loaded up with 230 GR hydra Shock`s, And 185 GR + P Hornady TAP. I am waiting to get a Fobus Paddle Holster for it, But it shouldn`t take long for that.

Glock 17 Loade with 115 GR Hornady Critical Defense, And 125 GR Speer Gold Dot`s. And have here resting in a Fobus Paddle Holster as well.

After shooting in a IDPA Event being VERY COLD, I was having trouble tripping the button on the Serpa Holster, So I wont invest in another Serpa Holster, A Fobus is a much Better/Cheaper Holster I think anyway.