• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's your favorite pistol to carry ?

army74

imported post

I OC a S&W allied forces sigma 9mm with winchester sxz9 115gr jhp 2 16 rd mags and 2 10rd only if i go into highland park but normally 2 16rd mags and 1 10rd. Pick my new gun up next weekend bought a ruger lcp 380 for $315 out the door Rays gun shop in hillman mi great prices and ill be using federal hydra shock ammo in that. I use a level 2 blackhawk holster whats a good iwb for the 380

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

army74 wrote:
I OC a S&W allied forces sigma 9mm with winchester sxz9 115gr jhp 2 16 rd mags and 2 10rd only if i go into highland park but normally 2 16rd mags and 1 10rd. Pick my new gun up next weekend bought a ruger lcp 380 for $315 out the door Rays gun shop in hillman mi great prices and ill be using federal hydra shock ammo in that. I use a level 2 blackhawk holster whats a good iwb for the 380
Uh...does this mean I shouldn't bring the 38Spl + P ammo to marysville?

fozzy71

imported post

cmdr_iceman71 wrote:
"The Twins" FNP-45 in Safariland Top Gun Model 200

I dont see any FN guns listed on their website for that holster. Did you call in your order? I have an FNP9 and there simply aren't many holster choices. The Five/Seven has a few more choices available when shopping for holsters but I dont have my five/seven yet. :(

Beerme wrote:
new favorite is my old p226 ....

Another pistol on my 'must-have' list. Too many guns, not enough cash. :(

lil_freak_66

imported post

though i dont carry yet....
(looking at picking up a 9mm Keltec here in a few weeks,immediately after the birthday if possible)

My favorite handgun to shoot so far has been the Beretta 92 FS.

pearldrums2

imported post

My choice of carry gun if the Glock 19 9mm with Winchester Ranger Talon Series rounds... I use a Glaco Summer Comfort Holster and love it... Extremely comfortable and don't even notice it is on

Bronson

imported post

I've moved to carrying my full sized Firestorm 1911.

Here it is with some bubinga grips I made for it.

4561430024_501ff49409_m.jpg
4560801145_d714b2e212_m.jpg

Bronson

fozzy71

imported post

Bronson wrote:
I've moved to carrying my full sized Firestorm 1911.

:cool:

I have started carrying my 1911 when out also, leaving the FNP9 at home next to the bed. I need to get another 1911 now, so I can send this one out for some upgrades and trigger work. :dude:

ParaGIExpert1a7-r.jpg

FNP91a3-r.jpg

BlueStarDad

imported post

My "everyday, everywhere, nomatter what" gun is a S&W model 442 "J" frame in a pocket holster. In the cooler months when I can wear a denim overshirt or a sweatshirt, a S&W M&P 40 in a OWB opentop holster.

My trusty "J" frame is always with me. :)

cmdr_iceman71

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
cmdr_iceman71 wrote:
"The Twins" FNP-45 in Safariland Top Gun Model 200

I dont see any FN guns listed on their website for that holster. Did you call in your order? I have an FNP9 and there simply aren't many holster choices. The Five/Seven has a few more choices available when shopping for holsters but I dont have my five/seven yet. :(

Beerme wrote:
new favorite is my old p226 ....

Another pistol on my 'must-have' list. Too many guns, not enough cash. :(

And you won’t. The FNP-45 has roughly the same dimensions as the Sig P226, P220 so when I’m searching for a holster for the FNP-45 I go by whatever fits those two handguns. However this method only works for leather holsters and even then youre going to have to work to breakit in a bit, the FNP-45 is slightly a little wider than the Sig models.