• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You are invited to a Picnic on SEP 25th, 1010!

LOERetired

Nice reading!! I went back and looked. Technically you are correct! Let's do it!

Give it a try, he can only say no, but, it would be best if you could get it in writing, otherwise, he could say he never gave permission, then what are you going to say?

Don

Last edited:

LOERetired

Invited any Law Enforcement officer from the City of Baraboo and Sauk County

Invited Law Enforcement to join us from the City of Baraboo and Suak County.

Don

LOERetired

Haskins Park open carry invitation to Chip Meister running for Sheriff

Haskins Park open carry invitation to Chip Meister running for Sheriff

LOERetired

William Steinhorst running for sheriff invited to open carry picnic

William Steinhorst running for sheriff invited to open carry picnic

M

McX

i can't make the picnic, gotta work, but i did print up your flyer, and post it in the shop front window.

turbojohn41

Milwaukee people going.

Hey if the weather is good Im going to ride my cycle in from Milwaukee if anyone wants to ride with me and my friend.

John

icepik

I plan on attending with the family.

Will be making the drive from Grafton, which is just north of Milwaukee for those that don't know.

While I really won't have extra room in the vehicle, if anyone is looking to start a convoy, feel free to let me know...lol

Either way...I'll see you all once we get there.

Is there something in particular that I should bring? I just don't want to pick up a few bags of chips and end up having 80 bags of chips there. What is everyone else bringing...if anything?

rotty

Wisconsin Policy

Can anyone tell me the policy for out of staters ? I will be in the area for work and considered coming. I am a LTC holder from MN.

Thanks in advance

BROKENSPROKET

I was thinking, becasue of recent events in Madison, that I would like to head down to Madison after the picnic. I am sure others would be interested.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Can anyone tell me the policy for out of staters ? I will be in the area for work and considered coming. I am a LTC holder from MN.

Thanks in advance

Rotty. Short answer is your LTC doesn't help or harm you in WI. Just come on down. No permit needed. The only wrinkle at this event is that we do NOT have permission to enter the bathroom facilities armed (government building). So, we will have 2 gun safes outside that you can put your weapon in, take the key with you into the building to do your 'business' and the come back and retrieve your weapon.

protias

Thanks in advance
You can read the laws in my sig.

or the simple answer is, you cannot carry:

1) in your vehicle (must be unloaded and encased)
2) places that serve alcohol for consumption (restaurants, bars; liquor stores are ok)
3) state parks
4) 1000' of a school
5) public buildings (this includes the bathrooms in a park)
6) concealed

Last edited:

rotty

Rotty. Short answer is your LTC doesn't help or harm you in WI. Just come on down. No permit needed. The only wrinkle at this event is that we do NOT have permission to enter the bathroom facilities armed (government building). So, we will have 2 gun safes outside that you can put your weapon in, take the key with you into the building to do your 'business' and the come back and retrieve your weapon.

Excellent .. count me and the K9 in !

They allow dogs im assuming .. since it is a park :D

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
So what kind of attendance is expected so far?

I do plan on making it; after all, I'm only 10 miles away and I don't think a closer one will ever happen.... considering I live 10 miles from anything in any direction. (Just the way I like it! :lol:)

Anyway, are there any last minute supplies or anything needed?

Is WCI going to have a table/signup there?

ETA: Will people be wearing nametags with their screen-names so I know who they are? LOL

Last edited:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
So what kind of attendance is expected so far?

I do plan on making it; after all, I'm only 10 miles away and I don't think a closer one will ever happen.... considering I live 10 miles from anything in any direction. (Just the way I like it! :lol:)

Anyway, are there any last minute supplies or anything needed?

Is WCI going to have a table/signup there?

ETA: Will people be wearing nametags with their screen-names so I know who they are? LOL

1. WCI has been invited, I expect they will have a table for memberships and shirts.
2. A dish to pass would be GREAT!
3. As for attendance, it could be 100+ given all the recent publicity, or it could be less.

I will try to get there as soon as I can, but I have HE field test day, so I'll have to get that out of the way first.

See you there...

Passive101

Name tags with screen names would be awesome! I'm tempted to pick up a package of "Hello, my name is..."

I'll definitely be picking up a t-shirt.