• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You are invited to a Picnic on SEP 25th, 1010!

LOERetired

Name tags

Name tags with screen names would be awesome! I'm tempted to pick up a package of "Hello, my name is..."

I'll definitely be picking up a t-shirt.

That would be cool, I'll have a black cowboy hat on (cowboyridn)

Don

LOERetired

Dish to pass

If you would like to bring a dish to pass, that would be cool, otherwise, I'll be supplying the rest which is:

Hamburgers (100 home made)
Brats (already have them, brother in law works for johnsonville, so I got a deal on 100)
Brat and hamberger buns
beens
chips
soda
condiments
one table and two handgun lock boxes w/extra keys
Paper plates
plastic forks/knives/spoons
paper towls
firearm lol
No guns allowed in restroom signs (attached)

Did I miss anything???

Don

The Don

Anyone else bringing his or her family? I'm most likely coming, along with my wife and 2.5 year old, and my wife is wondering if there'll be any other kids there.

Passive101

Never mind. I saw the restrooms must be in a park which counts as a building :)

Last edited:

glockster22

Rick Lance

I will try to make it if I can. I have to be at MATC Saturday working on some class work. If I can get out early enough, I can maybe be there early afternoon.. I was fortunate enough to participate in many open carry walks and functions in Ohio when we were trying to get CCW passes there. IT passes and I move here!!! Go figure.. Lol

Thanks,
Rick

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Got word that East Towne Culvers in Madison welcomes OCers and may even be reserving a room for us Saturday after the Baraboo picnic. Anyone still hungry after the picnic may want to stop by there and have a bite and tell them thanks!

BROKENSPROKET

Got word that East Towne Culvers in Madison welcomes OCers and may even be reserving a room for us Saturday after the Baraboo picnic. Anyone still hungry after the picnic may want to stop by there and have a bite and tell them thanks!

Reserving a room for us? That is great, but aren't just trying to conceal us from the MPD and their other customers. I don't want to appear ungrateful, because I am not, but yopu can see how they are trying to manage the situation. It kinda remoinds me of the Stevens Point PD giving us a pavilion and perm. to use the restrooms way in the back in an attempt to best keep us out of sight.

Regardless, this is a great win.

LOERetired

Culvers in Baraboo

Don't stop in at the Culvers in Baraboo armed, on 33, it's within 1000 feet of a school

Don

paul@paul-fisher.com

Reserving a room for us? That is great, but aren't just trying to conceal us from the MPD and their other customers. I don't want to appear ungrateful, because I am not, but yopu can see how they are trying to manage the situation. It kinda remoinds me of the Stevens Point PD giving us a pavilion and perm. to use the restrooms way in the back in an attempt to best keep us out of sight.

Regardless, this is a great win.

The only room they have is a very big, very open front dining room. We definitely would not be hidden.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I was just planning on going to the picnic, but now maybe I should go to Culvers with you guys too. Could stop by the one in Sauk; the very home of Culvers, on the way for an in-between meals snack. :D

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

Shotgun, do you have any corispondence from them that you can post? I'm just curious to hear/see what they said and in what context.

The Don

I was just planning on going to the picnic, but now maybe I should go to Culvers with you guys too. Could stop by the one in Sauk; the very home of Culvers, on the way for an in-between meals snack. :D

I posted this in another thread, but I'll do it again since it's relevant here...Sauk PD is OC friendly/supportive. (I know, I know, it's the law they have to be, but clearly some police departments don't care about the law so it's worth saying.)

I spoke to a friend of mine on the SPPD when I was back in town for the Cow Chip Throw and he said their policy is they "don't mess with Open Carry unless the person is breaking the law related to it in some way" (meaning in a gov't building, bar, by a school, etc).

There's a bit more information in the thread about it, but that's the gist of it.