• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You are invited to a Picnic on SEP 25th, 1010!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I posted this in another thread, but I'll do it again since it's relevant here...Sauk PD is OC friendly/supportive. (I know, I know, it's the law they have to be, but clearly some police departments don't care about the law so it's worth saying.)

I spoke to a friend of mine on the SPPD when I was back in town for the Cow Chip Throw and he said their policy is they "don't mess with Open Carry unless the person is breaking the law related to it in some way" (meaning in a gov't building, bar, by a school, etc).

There's a bit more information in the thread about it, but that's the gist of it.

I work near Sauk....very near. About a year ago, they would not change their ordinance and there was a big to-do. I wrote a few opinion articles to the Sauk Prairie eagle. At that time, the chief was NOT OC friendly in any of his comments. In any case, I believe the ordinance is still on the books. Not saying they will enforce it.... just sayin. If that makes sense...

Last edited:

The Don

I work near Sauk....very near. About a year ago, they would not change their ordinance and there was a big to-do. I wrote a few opinion articles to the Sauk Prairie eagle. At that time, the chief was NOT OC friendly in any of his comments. In any case, I believe the ordinance is still on the books. Not saying they will enforce it.... just sayin. If that makes sense...

Huh...unfortunately I didn't talk to the Chief. I spoke to an officer who started on the force shortly after the Chief did (though he wasn't chief then). The three of us used to play softball together during the summers while I was in college.

Hmm...I know a couple other officers on the force, one of whom I know will give me the straight information...both the official and unofficial. If I get a chance, I'll give him a call later today.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Huh...unfortunately I didn't talk to the Chief. I spoke to an officer who started on the force shortly after the Chief did (though he wasn't chief then). The three of us used to play softball together during the summers while I was in college.

Hmm...I know a couple other officers on the force, one of whom I know will give me the straight information...both the official and unofficial. If I get a chance, I'll give him a call later today.

It would be interesting to have some inside info. I'm still wondering about the response that Shotgun got from the east side Madison Culvers.

The Don

It would be interesting to have some inside info. I'm still wondering about the response that Shotgun got from the east side Madison Culvers.

Just sent him an email asking him to call me. If I don't hear anything today, I'll call him at the station tomorrow so we know by Saturday.

Viper

Question about attending the picnic

I just joined WCI early this morning and haven't received any membership information yet.

I was wondering if I can attend the picnic this weekend.

Jason in WI

Almost forgot, can whoever is bringing the merchandise for Wisconsin Carry make sure to bring a size 2x Lime-Green shirt? I seen springfeild1911 wearing one in some picnic photos and after talking to him he assures me it's a must have. Since it never showed up on the website I assumed it was still going through product testing :uhoh:.

On vacation I wore my blaze orange one and everyone I was with said they could see me from across town.

With the Frank Approved™ lime-green one, they should be able to see me from space :shocker:!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Almost forgot, can whoever is bringing the merchandise for Wisconsin Carry make sure to bring a size 2x Lime-Green shirt? I seen springfeild1911 wearing one in some picnic photos and after talking to him he assures me it's a must have. Since it never showed up on the website I assumed it was still going through product testing :uhoh:.

On vacation I wore my blaze orange one and everyone I was with said they could see me from across town.

With the Frank Approved™ lime-green one, they should be able to see me from space :shocker:!
I'll bring what I have left. We will be placing the order with the T-Shirt Vendor on Monday, so if I don't have it, you can order it online.

rotty

Baraboo locals please help

Is this park Dog friendly ? I will be traveling to Janesville from Minneapolis today and was planning on bringing my dog with me on the trip. Can't bring him if it's not pet friendly and I AM coming to the picnic !

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Is this park Dog friendly ? I will be traveling to Janesville from Minneapolis today and was planning on bringing my dog with me on the trip. Can't bring him if it's not pet friendly and I AM coming to the picnic !
I just called the village of West Baraboo at 608-356-2516 and checked for you. Unfortunately, no dogs.
Sorry.:(

RR_Broccoli

Joining you all

Hey, just decided a few minutes ago to join you folks at the picnic.

Will be bringing a bit of "Killer Kraut" for the brats. (Home-made, live and feisty sauerkraut.)

One technical question though, for encased firearms in non-passenger compartment; does "magazine out" count as "unloaded"? Or do I need to remove all the rounds from the magazine?

See ya tomorrow.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

Will be bringing a bit of "Killer Kraut" for the brats. (Home-made, live and feisty sauerkraut.)

One technical question though, for encased firearms in non-passenger compartment; does "magazine out" count as "unloaded"? Or do I need to remove all the rounds from the magazine?

See ya tomorrow.

As long as the firearm is "completely enclosed" in a carying case and is not loaded (ro round in the chamber and no magazine in the firearm) you may transport the magazine however you see fit. IANAL of course

Last edited:

protias

See ya tomorrow.
See you tomorrow!

Magazines can be loaded but have to be out of the firearm. Yes, the chamber has to be cleared as well.

Edit: Why must you type faster than me BM?! :p

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

what are the odds of after the picnic a few guys or gals go to random stores
i know i need to go to to walmart to pick up a few things i was just curious