• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Tale of Henrico - Chapter 2 in a Ferry Tale - Arrested for following the law

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I sent a contribution via paypal today. I hope that will be enough to help.

Every bit helps - it all adds up and is appreciated greatly. It will make a difference.

Peter's videos and even the preliminaries give people an inside glimpse. They stir the pot nicely.

Court date is still scheduled for June 26th.

Paper & electronic checks payable to:
Virginia Legal Defense
P.O. Box 100
Broad Run, VA 20137

Please foot note: For Graham C.

or

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just to keep everyone up to date, I'm holding off on putting up the next chapter because of some new developments. I'll include them as soon as it becomes public information. (next few days)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It's getting real real now.

The docket was just posted on line.

We are booked into Courtroom #3 at 9:30 AM on Wednesday 6/26/13.

Remember, as citizens exercising our constitutional right to observe justice in action we are required to adhere to some sort of dress code. While business casual might work for some folks, I threw away all my ties and sports coats when I retired.*

Long pants (yes, you know who you are and why we need to mention this) are required. While you may observe others in te courtroom who do not own a belt or do not know how to properly use one, it would be appreciated if your pants waistline was somewhere within a few inches of your natural waistline.

Shirts (with sleeves) may be tucked or untucked. Something that looks better than a tshirt would be more appropriate than not. If you will be wearing a tshirt please consider selecting one without even the slightest provocative writing/artwork. If you want to discuss First Amendment rights instead of watching justice happen, please pretend you are not with us, m'k?

Shoes are necessary. Nobody said anything about what kind or if they must be polished, so don't start obsessing about that.

I personally have never gotten into a discussion with the deputies/baliffs as to whether or not an empty holster is "still a weapon" or not. I do not see any need to begin that conversation bright and early Wednesday AM. YMMV. (Note to self 'cause I goofed once - check belt to ensure absence of spare ammunition.)

Cellphones, knives (of any size), cameras, audio and/or video recording devices (including stealth items unless you want to risk getting hauled into court after it hits YouTube), nail files, soft drinks/water, and chewing gum currently in use are not allowed. Hats must be removed when entering the courtroom and remain off inside the courtroom.

Cheering/booing/heckling is not permitted in the courtroom, although if you stifle it quickly enough laughter may be gotten away with. Loud noise is to be kept to a minimum inside the building - fremember the difference between your inside and your outside voice even if others around you forget.. Cursing is against the law ( http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-416 ).

Why all this nit-picking? 'Cause Henrico takes itself rather seriously and does not seem to even begin to understand how much like clowns they are going to look - as opposed to those clowns who knew how much of a circus act they were putting on.

Last word - GSL stickers will be held in readiness, but unless user gives the OK do not expect to see them being handed out.

stay safe.

* - You do not want to know what I have selected to be dressed in when I'm buried. Trust me - there is not enough brain bleach.

Bob1

Are we meeting up for breakfast anywhere in the vicinity before showtime?

And is this the correct GPS address?

Henrico County Courthouse
4301 East Parham Road
Henrico, VA 23273-0775

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Are we meeting up for breakfast anywhere in the vicinity before showtime?

And is this the correct GPS address?

Henrico County Courthouse
4301 East Parham Road
Henrico, VA 23273-0775

Breakfast - River City Diner, 7:30 A. M., Wed. June 26th
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...er-Richmond-6-26-8-00-M&p=1950392#post1950392
The Henrico Government Center is about 10 minutes away.

Address is correct, but drive to the rear on Prince Henry Dr. Look for the flag poles that flank the entrance to the Court Building.

Last edited:

TFred

How is the defense fund looking?

Immediate expenses are covered. A lot depends on what happens on the 26th - could be a new ballgame.

Glad to hear that, hope this is the last of this kind of stupidity.
Fortunately, the need for further expenses will be somewhat directly proportional to the stupidity of what happens at this court date.

If the government players are fully aware of how much trouble they could be in, they will ask for, and will receive all sorts of help from the court, in the form of delaying tactics, additional preparation, research, blah blah blah, causing even more money to be required, but which will also generate MUCH more anger from the supporters, which should then provide the needed funds.

It all comes full circle if, once the first chapter is over, there is a second chapter to extract repayment of said funds from those responsible for its expenditure in the first place.

TFred

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Immediate aar

not good news - more to come when i can do it with a computer keyboard instead of this phone.
momma said if you can't say something good about somebody don't say anything. but if i did that you would not know what happened.

stay safe.

1911 Enthusiast

not good news <snip>

I take it that means GUILTY? Doesn't sound like the case was continued.

When you make a report, Skid, could you describe the defense strategy please? I'm curious to know if Dan mounted an offensive-based defense strategy or defensive (focused on trying to discredit the plaintiff's story).

And obviously we'll want to know if he got jail time which would certainly seem to be out of line based on what little we know from this thread.

Finally, a defense fund update would be helpful if this thing is headed for an appeal.

77zach

Donation pending more information. I haven't donated yet because I don't want the $ to go so much toward clearing the victim's name, as ruining the life of the police officer involved.

77zach

Kangaroo kourt is the last resort in the good ole USSA!!!

If I weren't in the USSA, where we have an illusion of freedom like nowhere else, I'd say this is some sort of sick joke. Donation coming shortly.

Tell the victim happy 4th of July! Let freedom ring! What a sick place. Damn.

Last edited: