• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just got call - Jeff Fitzgerald -Concealed Carry legislation being Drafted right now

oak1971

I hope that's not the thought process. Because, in WI concealed carry was passed twice already (but Doyled in the end) and the referendum passed with something like 75% for it.

They are very sadly miscalculating what the people of WI in general want if they think that only republicans will do concealed carry. Get out of the metrotard areas a ways and democrats all like and want guns.

It would be a huge mistake to think that lots of people won't turn on them if there isn't CC available at the time of the next election. I sure as hell will. :mad:

When comes to politicians, I trust no one and suspect everyone.

M

McX

what the hell you guys doing up, and on my computer screen at 1:30 in the morning?! Go to bed! if your going to stay up, keep the tv down, and stay out of the fridge!

'cept for little zombie dude avitar, he can stay up, and just keep walking, going nowhere.

Last edited:

XDFDE45

manbag - check
icon_eek.gif

eusa_naughty.gif

neener.gif

Motofixxer

what the hell you guys doing up, and on my computer screen at 1:30 in the morning?! Go to bed! if your going to stay up, keep the tv down, and stay out of the fridge!

'cept for little zombie dude avitar, he can stay up, and just keep walking, going nowhere.

What are YOU doing up this time of morning. I just arrived at my Holiday INN Express in San Francisco. Yes for real!!! Gonna check out Alcatraz if I ever get to sleep. Wow they got nice internet here. Just tested 17Mb down and 11Mb up. at a hotel, I'm impressed.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I just had a very nice conversation with Representative Jeffrey Mursau's senior legislative aid. He was very friendly & informative. He said that NO concealed carry legislation or other social issues - will be considered until May or after the Budget stuff has been handled.

This what will happen, including the time line in which things will take place.

May - The Drafting Process, meeting with Lawyers

June - Pass the Governors Budget

August - Introduce Concealed Carry Legislation on the assembly floor for co-sponsorship

September - Committee hearings /Judiciary

October - Passage by the state assembly & likely the Senate

November - Signed into law

January - Concealed carry law to take effect

So for the next few months we will have plenty of time to convince each of our reps in the Assembly & the senate that Constitutional carry would be the ideal type of legislation.

I also got a call today from my Assemblyman , we talked for about 45 minutes on Constitutional carry, concealed carry , pro's & cons , Training mandates, Castle doctrines & stand your ground doctrines, etc. He has not made his mind up yet, but seems to learn toward training at this time. He said he would be open to a informational meeting with myself in June when the Concealed carry legislation is introduced. He is a young guy maybe 30 years old , very pro gun but on the fence at this time.

comp45acp

The Democrats are initiating recall petitions against several Republican senators. We may need to fight and win that battle as well before we get concealed carry.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
The Democrats are initiating recall petitions against several Republican senators. We may need to fight and win that battle as well before we get concealed carry.

personally I would not put much stock in their feeble attempts to recall Republicans, I am not blowing this off but I think it will go nowhere. They were voted in there by the Majority of the people.

I guess it's a wait a see.

paul@paul-fisher.com

personally I would not put much stock in their feeble attempts to recall Republicans, I am not blowing this off but I think it will go nowhere. They were voted in there by the Majority of the people.

To be technical, the Democrats were voted in by the majority as well.

WD57

Feeble attempts to recall Republicans?......you may be surprised, these people are serious....alot of people who voted republican for a change are not liking what has transpired.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Feeble attempts to recall Republicans?......you may be surprised, these people are serious....alot of people who voted republican for a change are not liking what has transpired.

The offices that flipped from Dem to Rep this past election aren't eligible for recall 'till 1/3/12 so any recalls haven't been voted on in over 2 years so we have no clue what their districts are thinking. We do know that WI in general has gone Rep but that has nothing to do with the races that are open to recall.

Last edited:

Vandil

How many boots on the ground do these recall attempts have? That is a huge factor in successfully collecting the signatures needed.

I've seen a ton of I'd support "X" recall but half the time the person doesn't even live in the correct district.

paul@paul-fisher.com

How many boots on the ground do these recall attempts have? That is a huge factor in successfully collecting the signatures needed.

I've seen a ton of I'd support "X" recall but half the time the person doesn't even live in the correct district.

Depends. The Recall of Wirch got a good start and collected almost 1000 of the 13000 or so signatures needed the 1st 2 days. They have 60 days to get the signatures.

phred

Ah, amid all this feather fluffing and bloviating, do not throw caution to the wind.

Checkout the numbers

http://elections.state.wi.us/section_detail.asp?linkcatid=2154&linkid=155&locid=47
From the 2008 Fall Election Results

Current Senator Opponent Winner Difference
Robert Cowles (R-02) 0
Alberta Darling (R-08) 49117 50125 1008
Sheila Harsdorf (R-10) 43041 55816 12775
Randy Hopper (R-18) 41668 41852 184
Dan Kapanke (R-32) 42647 45154 2507
Luther Olsen (R-14) 0
Mary Lazich (R-28) 0
Glenn Grothman (R-20) 17113 69942 52829

Current Senator Opponent Winner Difference
Lassa (D-24) 27660 57985 30325
Wirch (D-22) 27383 54946 27563

I don't have them all here - you can check for yourself. I just offer a bit of evidence.

There were some close races and then there were some slam-dunk races. I can guarantee, there will be no absolutes here for either the Dems or the Reps in any recall process.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Outdoorsman1

To my understanding, Conceal Carry and Constitutional carry are two different things... What if Conceal Carry gets passed, then what happens to our chances of ever getting Constitutional Carry...

Obviously Constitutional would be what we should fight for... That way we would have it would be legal (we already have the right) to carry either concealed or open...without having to have any permits...

Outdoorsman1.

Oh yea.... Castle Doctine, and repeal the current vehicle carry restictions...would be real nice...

Last edited:

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Worst case scenario, No bill gets passed this year, Dems will leave the state again cause it's not as restrictive as they want so no vote , And not likely next year due to dems taking control of both houses due to successful recall elections.

Illinois will surpass Wi. in gun rights

Last edited: