• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by diesel556

1. D

Gun blog available on your Kindle

imported post I thought this was interesting. A firearms blog I have been reading lately is apparently available for a small fee on my Kindle. http://www.amazon.com/Everyday-No-Days-Off-Blog/dp/B0034KYR20 I think I'll stick to the computer, but +1 for not discriminating Amazon.
  2. D

Pulled over, detained, searched without consent

imported post I was pulled over for slowing down to look at a building while on the way back home with my wife and family in the car (including a 2 year old) at around midnight in southern Iowa. After checking my papers the officer ordered me out of the vehicle. A second officer from another...
  3. D

Washington Open Carry Business Cards

imported post I'm tired of carrying a huge pamphlet around in my pocket all the time. Here is a a business card based off of zigziggityzoo's card in the Michigan forum: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/21688.html Based on the guidelines at http://www.secstate.wa.gov/flag/prohibition.aspx...
  4. D

City of Renton Park Code

imported post The Renton website used to say that a CPL was required for non LEO to carry a firearm in city parks:"Section 3. Weapons & Fireworks It is unlawful for any person except duly authorized law enforcement personnel to possess any firearm, fireworks, firecracker, torpedo, explosive...
  5. D

Bellevue Square, Lincoln Square, and other Kemper Development Company properties

imported post I was enjoying a day at the mall this past Sunday, the 25th with my wife while openly carrying my sidearm. I was wearing a nice pair of shoes, docker's, and a yellow lacoste polo. My sidearm was in a Serpa retention holster, and I was wearing an Uncle Mike's two mag nylon holster...
  6. D

Gun Free Zones

imported post A paper for a students "Senior Seminar" with cites regarding the effectiveness of "Gun Free Zones". http://www.scribd.com/doc/7876073/Gun-Free-Zones
  7. D

Great deal at Fry's on a digital audio recorder (if you STILL don't have one)

imported post Alright guys, no more excuses if you don't currently own a recorder. I just purchased 2 of these bad boys from my local Fry's for only $79.99 each + tax out the door (one for me, and one for the wife). That's just about %50 off the normal price of $149.99. They had 4 rack's full...
  8. D

Attention Criminals - Handout session

imported post I'm sure everyone has already seen the signs available at JPFO.org (links at the bottom of this post). I'm curious to know whether any forum members have ever used these to promote citizen awareness. Is it a viable, or worthwhile idea? I'm thinking that an organized handout...
  9. D

WAC Gun Show

imported post I must be missing something as I haven't seen a post regarding this. Am I the only one who got "pissed on" trying to walk into the WAC Gun Show while open carrying? The guy "guarding" the door told me that non-members aren't allowed to carry (concealed or not). When I tried to...
  10. D

Open carry experience at REI in Tukwila (Southcenter)

imported post I've been open carrying for a few days now (Lincoln Square and Bellevue Square Mall, and random stores in between). The wife and I were out around Southcenter tonight (don't worry we didn't go in the mall proper!). We went to Zoopa's where we spent almost an hour and a half (a...