• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by ManInBlack

1. M

Disheartening Contact with Elmore County Deputy

Let me preface this by saying that in all of my previous contacts with the Elmore County Sheriff's Department, I have found them to be respectful and nonchalant about my right to open carry. HOWEVER I am finishing up a couple of degrees at BSU right now, and in my last poli. sci. class, I have...
  2. M

Idaho Primaries

I hope everyone took the opportunity to vote in the Idaho primary elections today. I voted, as per usual, at the church near my house, open carrying as always. As in previous elections, no mention was made of my holstered 1911 (every time I've voted there, a different batch of folks has...
  3. M

Ortgies Semi-Automatic Pistol

Hello all. Looking for any advice folks care to offer. I have an opportunity to buy a later-model Ortgies pistol (made by Deutsche Werke) in .25 ACP/6.35mm for $175. From looking around at similar pistols, that seems to be a good price (others in good condition sell for anywhere between...
  4. M

Police Contact I Had This Morning

So, like any other day, I woke up this morning, threw on some board shorts and a ratty hunting tshirt I had laying around, and walked out of the back door to feed my hens. When I came back in the house, my relatively-new alarm system was going haywire. It then dawned on me that I had forgotten...
  5. M

Big Dogs restaurant is an anti-firearm establishment

draws or exhibits any of such deadly weapons in a rude, angry or threatening manner 1) There is no law against merely unholstering, even in public. 2) There is a difference between pointing a weapon at someone as if to fire, and setting a pistol down with the muzzle facing toward a person. One...
  6. M

May day protests

My friend works at Merrill Lynch corporate in downtown Seattle. She just posted this picture of her building:
  7. M

The Good Kind of "Rogue Cop"

http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2012/04/officer-regina-tasca-goes-rogue.html Regina Tasca is a hero, and one of the few surviving members of the endangered species known as "American Peace Officer." Is there any wonder that the police establishment seeks to hunt those like her to extinction?
  8. M

Something I found Amusing

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/11/chewing_over_ob.html I like me some Obama conspiracy theories, but the dog one is a little far out there... :lol: P.S.: I believe you mean, "Soetoro." If your argument is that Obama is a Muslim because he was adopted by a...
  9. M

The curious, and the mindless

I was merely using her as an illustration, as she has set herself up as the forum liberal. However, I will edit my post so you won't have to be offended by something you read on the internet. :rolleyes: Most of us grew a thick skin when we grew up... P.S.: I can't remember the last time one...
  10. M

1000th Post - Recollections and Reflections

On the occasion of my 1000th post on OCDO, I am reflecting upon the time I have spent on this incredibly valuable website. When I bought my first handgun in Washington on the day I turned 21 in 2005 (obviously I didn't know back then that I could have acquired one from a private seller before)...
  11. M

First Traffic Stop With a Gun on my Hip!

That's silly. Wrong. Scumbag Harless flipped out because the LAC did inform, which is a great reason not to inform unless you have a legal obligation to do so. And especially for you: :D
  12. M

First Traffic Stop With a Gun on my Hip!

LOL!!! P.S.: It's "Coloradans," but hey, since you're an almighty resident and all, I'm sure you knew that... :rolleyes:
  13. M

Fort Boise Gun Show

I worked the Idaho Open Carry booth at the Fort Boise Gun Show this morning with Tony, and it was an interesting experience, to say the least. We were able to speak to and educate many, many people as to their rights, and generally enjoyed a positive reception. For the first hour or so, Tony...