• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. A

Cool Video on the Battle of Lexington and Concord (1775)

The shot heard round the world. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiIFRCk1hxY
  2. A

Walmart Stops ordering Ammo

Not confirmed but very concerning BREAKING & CONFIRMED: Wal Mart Is NOT Going To Order Any More Ammo. January 12th, 2013 340 641 14 21 1594 I do not have a link as of yet but here is what I have found out… Stopped by my local Wal Mart this morning. They are out of almost every kind of...
  3. A

NY Gun Ban Details

I guess we'll see how New Yorkers react. N.Y. Assembly Speaker Silver: ‘We Are Going To Ban Assault Weapons’ Among Aspects Of Law, Legislature Set To Limit Magazines To 7 Bullets From 10 January 14, 2013 5:30 PM Share on email 13 View Comments Illegal Guns from a bust in New York City (file /...
  4. A

Why does anyone need an AR15 ???

That seems to be a popular question from the anti-gun crowd. The question is a trap. It includes a premise that must be rejected.....that rights are based on need. To quote Thomas Paine from RIGHTS OF MAN: "Natural rights are those which appertain to man in right of his existence" and "Civil...
  5. A

All I can say is: Thank god for poor shots!!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/14/florida.meeting.shooting/index.html?hpt=T1
  6. A

Can anyone recommend a good "Pro-Gun" Attorney in Phoenix?

imported post No, I was not involved in any recent events that require counsel. I would just like to have a name a phone # to call in the event I do in the future.
  7. A

CA voice recording requirements

imported post Can you CA folks enlighten me on any CA restrictions on using a voice recorder. If I record a conversation with a public official in a public place and I was a party to the conversation, do I have a duty to inform the other party?
  8. A

CA voice recording requirements

imported post Can you CA folks enlighten me on any CA restrictions on using a voice recorder. If I record a conversation with a public official in a public place and I was a party to the conversation, do I have a duty to inform the other party?
  9. A

Almost cleared leather...I mean plastic

imported post Left the house about 45 minutes ago to take the dog for her final walk around the block. We were 3/4 of the way back home whenshe alerts on something coming out of a yard about 50 yards away. I can tell its eithera balcksharpe or pit bull and itsin a full out charge. We step to...
  10. A

Carry at Phoenix Zoo

imported post Went to the Phoenix Zoo today and was suprised to see a sign that said weapons prohibited (in addition to numerous other items) but I did not see signs for weapon storage. If the Phoenix Zoo is a public entity and they do not provide weapons storage in accordance with the...
  11. A

Classroom Robbery

imported post I guess they forgot to post their "Gun Free Zone" signs at the classroom door. http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=9680368 (Memphis 1/15/2009) LeMoyne Owen College is on lockdown after a robbery during class. A student tells us a man with a wig walked into a class on campus...
  12. A

Run on Ammo

imported post Demand for ammo is outpacing supply as certain calibers (.223 FMJ, .308 FMJ, and 7.62X39 FMJ) are flying off the shelves of retail and online stores alike. I have been to at least 3 sportsman stores and all we're out of those calibers awaiting backorders. Any observations from...
  13. A

I love AZ

imported post Went to the Panda Express this afternnoon to pick upsome lunch to go for the wife and baby. Saw a Maricopa cruiser out front as I was walking in the door. AMPDofficer in the midst of enjoying his Mandarin chicken (or duck...who knows) looks up, sees the sidearm and goes right back...
  14. A

Illegal Detainment?

imported post Below is an incident that happened at the Crossroads Gun Show in Tuscon last weekend. Based on my account, please take the poll. I purchased 2 weapons at the show and headed for the exit. At the exit, I was stopped by a man (presumably a Crossroads employee) who indicated that I...
  15. A

Crossroads Gun Show 1/12-13

imported post Anyone in Phoenix, Maricopa, or Casa Grande going to the gunshow at the Pima County fairgrounds this weekend in Tuscon? I'm asking if anyone wants to carpool down and back on Saturday. I missed the one in Phoenix in December so I've got to get to the one this weekend. Any...
  16. A

Amusing LE (non) encounter

imported post Had an amusing LE (non) encounter in the Target store in Chandler today.Droppedmy wife and baby off at the front of the store, parked the truck, andentered the store.I walk pasta neatly dressed Target Security (hardly) Guy:lol:who was heavily armed with a radio and a small can of...
  17. A

How open carry can deter an altercation

imported post I was leaving Target open carrying today (as usual). Since it was 105 and the sun was beating down I told my wife to wait at the curb and I would bring the SUV to the shade to pick her and baby up. Pulled up to the curb with turn signal on.... The guy in the truck behind me...
  18. A

Made my first convert yesterday

imported post I had stopped a the Circle K to fill up the truck and, as I was walking in (w/Glock 19 attached), I noticed a man in his mid 20's hurrying to catch up with me. He caught up to me at the soda machine and here is the exchange: Him: Excuse me, Sir? Me: Yeah Him: I wanted to ask...
  19. A

Interesting Observation

imported post I made this observation after comparing the weapons laws of several gun friendly states that I would be driving through on a cross country trek. Whereas, with most OC states, open carry is legal because there is no prohibition against it (i.e. the law may only mention concealed...
  20. A

Negative OC Experiences in AZ?

imported post It seems like most of the board's activity occurs on the VA page. Does anyone have any negative OC experiences in AZ? Being a Gold Star OC state, I wouldn't expect many but I'm sure some have had run ins with folks visiting from anti-gun states or anti-gun business owners. Just...