• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. HighFlyingA380

OOS Resident Carrying in NV?

Hi. I'm a Missouri resident with a MO permit and will be going on a trip to NV, AZ, and UT in a couple months. (Most likely flying into/out of Vegas and driving to the other states.) I was doing some research on CCW permit reciprocity and am getting different answers. Handgunlaw.us shows...
  2. HighFlyingA380

St. Louis Side O.C. Meeting?

Well, after missing yesterday's K.C. side meeting and the awesomeness of HB 436, I'm getting all twitchy to get OCing again and meet ya'll. So, ya'll wanna do something soon? Even if it's just a couple people, I'm definitely still game to meet.
  3. HighFlyingA380

Funny Little Poem I Ran Across Today

I will not put them in the box, I will not fit them out with locks. You may not take mine oh no no, I will not ever let them go. You cannot have them Missus Feinstein So stick your bill where the sun don’t shine. (Sorry, no citation information for you. Let me know if you are aware of it's...
  4. HighFlyingA380

Another New Awwault Weapns Ban Attempt Coming

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/dianne-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban_n_2311477.html?utm_hp_ref=politics
  5. HighFlyingA380

KC Side Decembber OC Meet 12/8

Hi ya'll! I missed the last one due to deer season, and December will [most likely] be my last one one this side. (Graduating UCM on Dec. 15th! :banana:) I'd really like to get one last good meeting in before I head to the dark side, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling. What say ye...
  6. HighFlyingA380

"30 Days - Gun Nation" T.V. Show

30 Days - Gun Nation (It's kinda long, 42 minutes, but worth the watch.) I know it's older, but this is the first I have ever heard about or seen it. They have a gun control activist live with "gun nuts" for 30 days. Very interesting insight into the other side. Sadly, for me, it just...
  7. HighFlyingA380

Montauk State Park and the Current River

Does anybody have any experiences carrying in either/or Montauk State Park or on the Current River? I've been told several times by park officials that I couldn't carry there. I know this is incorrect, but I couldn't find the applicable section of statues in his ratty old code book. (no ctl+f...
  8. HighFlyingA380

ATTN Business Owners Who Want to Make More Money and Help the Cause...

I saw this picture on the blog "Gun Free Zone" and thought it needed sharing. This could easily be custom made to address CC and OC, would bring in more business, and would ensure most other patrons that they are safe in your business.
  9. HighFlyingA380

Your Thoughts on POTUS Libertarian Nominee Gary Johnson

As the title indicates, I'm curious what your thoughts are about Libertarian Gary Johnson. With both his and Paul's words, their views are very similar. Since it seems that Ron Paul is no longer an option, :cry: :mad:, do you think Johnson would be the next best thing? I look forward to...
  10. HighFlyingA380

Citizen's Arrest

So I couldn't find anything in the MO statutes regarding citizen's arrest, and searches brought up nothing with concrete citations relating to MO. Can anybody help me out? Thanks.
  11. HighFlyingA380

But there were only 42 gun deaths in England, and they don't have guns.

"But there were only 42 gun deaths in the U.K., and they don't have guns." There are a couple "acquaintances" in particular who constantly use this as their argument for me/us not having guns. Now, obviously you can't compare the numbers directly, because the U.S. has a lot more citizens, but...
  12. HighFlyingA380

May KC Side Meet

As discussed tonight: May 12th, 2012 Rib Crib Warrensburg 5:00pm
  13. HighFlyingA380

Firearm carry prohibited in airport secure area / What constitutes the "secure area"?

Firearm carry prohibited in airport secure area / What constitutes the "secure area"? According to Missouri's statute RSMO 571.107.1(8): "[carry of firearms is not allowed in] Any area of an airport to which access is controlled by the inspection of persons and property..." I'm sure this holds...
  14. HighFlyingA380

Carrying Near a College Campus

Hey guys, I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. I've been trying to get into shape more, and want to start going for walks. Unfortunately, my apartment is right on the edge of campus. To get to downtown and anywhere that's not residential, I pretty much have to walk near campus...
  15. HighFlyingA380

Unacceptable YouTube comment by 'OpenCarryMissouri'

YouTube username 'OpenCarryMissouri' posted a comment in response to a VIDEO allegedly depicting corrupt officers, saying, "They [alleged thugs] should have jumped those cops. There was way more of them than the cops." As we know, this is extremely similar to the INCIDENT which caused the...
  16. HighFlyingA380

Identification required

First off, let me say sorry beforehand if this is a repeat post (I'm sure it is), but I was unable to find one using the search tool (let's face it, it could use some improvements). What are the MO laws concerning providing identification, weather it be just telling them your name, or showing...
  17. HighFlyingA380

Salem, MO / Licking, MO

Anybody have experiences carrying in these cities? My farm is located in between the two, So I'd like to start carrying when I go into town. I have been unsuccessful in finding any municipal codes/laws for Salem. Any help in this area would be great. I'm not that great in reading laws and...
  18. HighFlyingA380

Your thoughts on the Kimber Stainless Raptor II

I was just wondering if anybody has any experience with this pistol, and what are your thoughts on it. Also, any info on the quality of Kimber's customer service and corporate mentality would be great.
  19. HighFlyingA380

Rolla?

I'll be visiting Rolla this weekend. Is OC legal there? If so, are they generally friendly about it? Thanks!
  20. HighFlyingA380

How is 'open carry' defined?

I thought I read this once, but cannot find it, either on these threads or in the statutes. How does Missouri define 'open' or 'open carry'? I have been unable to find it. If it is in the statutes, please state the statute so I can look it up. Basically, can I take my pocket holster and slip...