• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB144 has risen from the dead!

Firemark

Dont believe it, bills in inactive file have been retrieved before and voted on. Its not dead till 1201 am Sept 10th. Dont celebrate yet.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I have been informed, AB 144 is DEAD for the year

according to Sam Parades of GOC, due to a procedural issue, supported by and made accountable by Senator GOP Leader Bob Dutton, that AB 144 has been placed into the Inactive File for the rest of the year.
good job and thanks go out to all 2A Advocates that worked hard all year to fight this unnecessary Bill.
We WON again, 4th time they have tried to pass this type of Bill.

Inactive isnt the same as dead. I suspect that the problem is that Portantino has lost the support to drive this bill home with his budget antics. I will reserve my celebration until after September 9th.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Inactive isnt the same as dead. I suspect that the problem is that Portantino has lost the support to drive this bill home with his budget antics. I will reserve my celebration until after September 9th.

I agree. Obviously doesn't have the votes yet. I'm sure he has his share of detractors in the Senate. Politics!

If it stays in the inactive file for the next couple of weeks, we won't have to worry until next year.

Sword of Damocles! I wish that all bills either had an up/down vote or die.

Gundude

My social secretary (wife) just informed me that we will be in Las Vegas for her grand daughters wedding the weekend of Sept 10th and 11th.

dumbbe11s

Oc bbq

A barbeque is a great idea. Maybe add a small service project like other OC crews have done in the past to help get the word out. I know of some newbies that would like to participate in UOC and would feel a lot more comfortable in a group before venturing out on their own.

devildoc5

sounds a lot like what happened last year to me...

I think they are maneuvering themselves for this to be a last minte type deal where IF it passes the only option one will have would be to fight it in court. We all know Moonbeam is gonna sign it so that leaves out trying to stop it there.

I think they are moving it to the inactive list to prevent/discourage people from discussing it, thus preventing the chances it will get found out for the hoax it really is.

demnogis

AB 144 IS NOT DEAD. It is merely inactive. I would not be surprised if this is a procedural tactic to try and garner more legislators to tow the party line and gain enough votes.

Don't say it's dead til it's dead.

cato

I have been informed, AB 144 is DEAD for the year

according to Sam Parades of GOC, due to a procedural issue, supported by and made accountable by Senator GOP Leader Bob Dutton, that AB 144 has been placed into the Inactive File for the rest of the year.
good job and thanks go out to all 2A Advocates that worked hard all year to fight this unnecessary Bill.
We WON again, 4th time they have tried to pass this type of Bill.

Removed from inactive is the latest word. It's ALIVE. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7082457&postcount=1162

cato

The OP needs to change the title. We don't want it lulling people into complacency during this last week. :( . It ain't dead till the fat man weeps.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Senate voted 20/12 and has been placed on call with 3 or 4 senators absent. Once removed from call, this will pass and move on to the assembly for concurrence. The only way this does not make it to Browns desk now is if the assembly is unable to act on the bill before 11:59.59pm on September 9th.

Fat chance.

Last edited: