• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another tragedy due to inability to carry in Illinois

bluehighways

imported post

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2010-05-20-23-47-52

This is from AP news. A young man returning from Iraq was shot and killed in Chicago when attempting to keep his new motorcycle from being stolen.

The man's father, a retired LEO, shot two and killed one of the perps. Had the young man been able to carry for himself, he could have saved his own life.

Had he been able to carry, the incident may not have happened at all just due to the deterrent effect.

M

McX

imported post

your statement is truly; the word! captain nemo!

bluehighways

imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:
Ironic isn't it that the retired LEO is being made to look like a hero while Jesus sits in jail fighting for his freedom? Ahhh!, the scales of justice.

Ain't it just grand! :banghead::cuss:

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Well it is truly a sad story.

It just proves the need for an individual (whether LEO or NOT) to have the ability to protect themselves.

My sympathies are with the family who had to watch as their son was killed in front of their home.

This is a prime example of how lucky Jesus Gonzalez was that he did have a means to protect himself. I hope his attorney gets a copy of this story.