• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any joggers out there?

louismacote

imported post

Camel back makes excellent and stylish water pouches that are similar to fanny packs of the 90s, but without the nerdish look for runners. Mine has a decent pouch that holds the bladder, but has plenty of room for a compact handgun, and your CCW/drivers license. Noone will guess that you have anything in there but water.

eyesopened

imported post

How easy is it to get to your firearm in that camel back though? I mean lets say a guy jumps out of the bushed 7 feet from you, can you get to that firearm? When I jog (and I don't do it enough...) I have a kershaw folder clipped to my pants/shorts. Not as good as a good, but it's something. Also Kershaw does not advise clipping their folders to your waist in case of accidental opening. Mine has not opened by accident. It does have a lock to prevent accidental opening, but I never use it.

How much do those little deringers weigh? maybe that may be an alternative to even a subcompact or pocket pistol.

Marco

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
CamelBak Goblin Hydration Pack:
it appears to be easier than you think;)
30497aL.jpg

spurrit

imported post

The size of a decent derringer is large enough that you may as well just get a Kahr. It'll be lighter, too.

eyesopened

imported post

Is that designed to be worn in the front? How badly does that bounce around? I haven't ever worn a fanny pack before, but they look like they'd bounce if you're running.

spurrit

imported post

Jogging and ankle holsters don't mix. Not to mention, they put you into a really vulnerable position to draw.