• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody open carries with full size pistols ?

casullshooter

imported post

Kivuli wrote:
Before my time, I'm afraid. I moved to Greensboro in 2000 to go to UNCG after taking a couple years off between high school and college and liked the area enough to stay on after I graduated. I have friends who went to Grimsley though.

casullshooter wrote:
To Kivuli: I grew up in Greensboro, NC (GHS-1980)
It is good to see another young person taking an intrest in their rights. I went to UNC-G myself(TKE Fraternity). I was kicked out of a "Nuclear Freeze" Conference on the campus for telling the visiting professor that he was a Dumbass after he began bashing Ronald Reagan. This idiot was preaching capitulation to the U.S.S.R.

N00blet45

imported post

I OC a USP .45. I don't think anyone mistakes me for a LEO. How many LEOs have beards? I also CC it sometimes but it's a bit uncomfortable and I'm not a big guy so I need to dress like a hoodrat in order to conceal it, and then people are just suspicious of me anyways.

casullshooter

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
casullshooter wrote:
I went to UNC-G myself(TKE Fraternity).
+1 Frater (although a different chapter)

If you ever find yourself in the D.C. Metro area give me a contact and we can swap stories(Gun & Fraternity).

TKE-All the rest Suck.

Yes, I did drop the brick...........:p

Yours in the bond,

CS

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

casullshooter wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
casullshooter wrote:
I went to UNC-G myself(TKE Fraternity).
+1 Frater (although a different chapter)

If you ever find yourself in the D.C. Metro area give me a contact and we can swap stories(Gun & Fraternity).

TKE-All the rest Suck.

Yes, I did drop the brick...........:p

Yours in the bond,

CS
Same here if you find yourself floating down the Mississippi south of St. Louis :)

Weak 9mm

imported post

I OC a Glock 17, which is full size by Glock standards. I find that very few people pay any attention to it, probably because it's black, in a black holster. It does look just like the handguns most police carry in the area (Glocks usually), so I guess they might think I'm some kind of officer or something. Honestly though I think most people just don't notice.

Edit: The post below reminded me to mention I carry my G17 in a Blackhawk Serpa as well. I really like the holster and I do recommend it, especially for OC. As the poster below stated, when fully loaded it does feel slightly hefty, but it's not bad compared to most all metal full size handguns.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Weapon: Full Size 1911

Holsters:
Daily OC - Serpa Blackhawk on the hip
Camping OC - Bianchi OD Military w/ flap
CC - Leather Shoulder rig w/horizontal carry and 2 mags

schwarzi88

imported post

I OC a ruger P-94 with built in laser ..... but i do have the big ass to hold it nicely in place with my "in-the-waistband-back-holster" lol

shamalama

imported post

I OC with a Taurus PT1911 in a Blackhawk SERPA.

I CC with a Crossbreed SuperTuck with my shirt tucked in.

gracie01.jpg