• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona State Senator, Pointed Loaded Gun At Reporter

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
The article makes it sound like she pointed the weapon at the reporter in some confrontational manner.
Evidently, she was just showing off the laser when she did so, which is nevertheless idiotic. You don't
point a loaded pistol at somebody EVER in capricious fashion.

She needs to be compelled to take a legitimate handgun course, say from FrontSight or other reputable
firearms instructor because her "informal training" isn't panning out! What a dolt! What a nincompoop!
What an immiment danger to herself or others.

Two words lady... Negligent Discharge! It can happen to anybody but in your case could have resulted
in a dead reporter in your office. And now you wonder why you're at the center of a fecal festival of
irate attention? Get out there and get some actual training, why don'cha? Bet you can afford it on your
namby, pamby salary from the state of Arizona!

She's a regular Moonbat Mistress conservadork alternative to what some on this forum call 'libtards'!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

asullivangarner

Just read the same article elsewhere...

If I remember correctly, one of the cardinal rules of gun safety is never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot...

And no she not helping the view of her right to own and carry in the first place.

She is lucky dude didn't take it from her and beat her with it!!!

Last edited:

TXNC

Sorry, but i wouldn't take the medias word for it. Especially left wing anti gun huffington post lol. I'd wait for the facts to come out. She says the reporter sat down in front of the gun.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Tough to know what really happened. The reporter didn't press charges, no one else pressed charges. I at least give her kudos for being a politician with enough guts to carry a gun and not be apologetic about it. If she really did point it at him, shame on her, but I doubt it was intentional and she wouldn't be the first to accidently sweep someone. Not justifying it, you should never point your gun at something you don't intend to destroy. Guess we'll see if more comes out about it.

HankT

State Researcher
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ml?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl3|sec1_lnk1|77274

"Oh, it's so cute," Klein said, before aiming the gun at Ruelas's chest to show off the red beam of the laser sight. Klein's gun, a .380 Ruger, has no safety, but the senator assured Ruelas that he wasn't in danger.

"I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," she said.

Hmm, what would an ordinary and reasonable gun-familiar person do to a another person pointing a gun and laser at his chest????

Really why would she does this what an idiot we already have trouble getting support.

Why?

Stupidity is my guess.

since9

Campaign Veteran
"I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," Klein told the reporter, by way of reassurance. - Source

Er, sorry, Ms. Kein, but FAIL. You need to attend a basic firearms safety course.

"She said she had cleared the gun's chamber before displaying it."

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

RULE #1: All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.

RULE #2: Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. (For those who insist that this particular gun is unloaded, see Rule 1.)

Source

Would her actions fall under the heading of "well-intentioned but ill-advised?"

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
"The other side of the story":

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/07/daniel-zimmerman/senator-lori-klein-gives-ttag-her-side-of-the-story/

"During the interview, she didn’t whip out her gun to show it off. The reporter specifically asked to see it. He then wanted her to demonstrate the Crimson Trace laser. Senator Kline complied, pointing the gun toward a wall and activating the laser.

The reporter then approached her, momentarily getting himself between the gun and the wall. The Senator said that as soon as she realized the laser was on his chest, she immediately lowered it. She also made a point of saying that she doesn’t know whether or not Ruelas got in front of the gun intentionally or not."

Last edited: