• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Citizen Project Launches National Empowerment Day

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Armed Citizen Project Launches National Empowerment Day

Houston – July 9, 2013 - The Armed Citizen Project, a Texas-based nonprofit dedicated to building secure neighborhoods by creating responsible gun owners, has set a date for its national expansion. On August 10[SUP]th[/SUP] the group is prepared to celebrate its inaugural National Empowerment Day by training and arming hundreds of mothers and single women across the country.
Recently, the group garnered attention for its efforts to reform the crime-riddled Oak Forest neighborhood in Houston. In this instance, dozens of qualified homeowners were provided with a free 12-gauge pump action shotgun upon completion of a concentrated safety and tactical training course.

Such training will also play a key part in National Empowerment Day. Working with shooting ranges and gun clubs across the country, the group hopes to not only provide these women with a sense of security, but also wants to directly confront misconceptions regarding women and guns.
In short, the group aims to dramatically change common perceptions about women regarding their comfort and ability to wield a firearm. In a statement Executive Director Kyle Coplen notes that he sees this effort as “combating the subtle misogynistic nature of the anti-gun lobby.”
An ancillary objective of the group is to remove perceived barriers to gun ownership that exist in the minds of many. “Our training is thorough, but there are often concerns from participants regarding licensing and registration restrictions that, frankly, do not exist,” says Coplen “We have a duty to not only train, but also to tear down these imaginary walls.”
ACP is committed to building safe communities by facilitating the right guaranteed to all Americans through the Second Amendment. Prospective participants are encouraged to visit the group’s website at armedcitizenproject.org for more information and to apply for training.

The Armed Citizen Project is funded through private donations made through their website, www.armedcitizenproject.org, and will also accept contributions of firearms.

We are empowering citizens and deterring crime, one free shotgun at a time.

casper

WTF are you, among all men created equal, to decide responsible or not?
This kind of crap gives forums a black eye. Try to keep it civil, so new people looking through the forum can have a positive experience here. It's just good P.R. to not bash your fellow members. We are all aiming for the same goal right ?:)

FreeInAZ

I have said it before, but it is worth repeating. If we really want to see gun rights (aka civil rights) become mainstream & be accepted, we must have the support & membership of women. As the women of the United States go, so does the nation follow. If open carry had thousands of women participating across the nation we would be much better off in my honest opinion.

I will support this effort. Carry on. :D