• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bay area UOC meet and greet part 2

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Called SGT. H. Tran (SWAT member/family counselor/mental health assessor) this afternoon to get his email address. I wanted to send him the above snap shot of peaceful, armed citizens enjoying beautiful Milpitas. After giving me his email address he said I didn't need to send the photo, he had seen it and that they were aware of the meeting :) Add Milpitas PD to the departments that read the forums.

My hat is off to them if they knew of the picnic and chose not to make a scene. :D
That's good to hear!

boichoi

imported post

Just a question, should we notify the place of business of our intentions?

boichoi

imported post

Just a guess but I'm thinking maybe 12 or more with 10 or so uoc. If the leo show up there's going to be a little disturbance in the rest.. I assume they will want us out of the rest for a 12031 check. Last thing we want to do is to hamper their business. Just my .02

SouthBayr

imported post

boichoi wrote:
Just a guess but I'm thinking maybe 12 or more with 10 or so uoc. If the leo show up there's going to be a little disturbance in the rest.. I assume they will want us out of the rest for a 12031 check. Last thing we want to do is to hamper their business. Just my .02
That's why the patio is perfect. They can enter from the side and not even have to go through the restaurant. If my memory serves me right.

boichoi

imported post

Good call w/ the patio, makes sense. I also would like to just throw this out and see what you guys think. My main concern at my first meet and greet (last week-end) was the caliber of people I would encounter. If I didn't feel comfortable I was going to leave. The group there was excellent, even the dog was well behaved (better than mine)and needless to say I stayed and had a good time. I'm sure people were wondering about me, that's fine. My question is if there is a person who shows up that mighthurt our cause what should we do. An extreme example would be the individual is uoc and drinking to the point on getting intoxicated. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but when sidearms are involved I think we should have a plan.

unobvs

imported post

Just my $.02.

I prefer to allow each of us to establish and act upon his/her own comfort level, rather than to lay down rules or guidelines at this early stage of our efforts.

The only thing that I would support is that everyone who is carrying confirm to the gathering that they have double checked their chambers and magazines to be sure that no rounds have been overlooked.

Other than that,Iam prepared toexcuse myselfif my comfort level is ever disrupted.

coolusername2007

imported post

bad_ace wrote:
Called SGT. H. Tran (SWAT member/family counselor/mental health assessor) this afternoon to get his email address. I wanted to send him the above snap shot of peaceful, armed citizens enjoying beautiful Milpitas. After giving me his email address he said I didn't need to send the photo, he had seen it and that they were aware of the meeting :) Add Milpitas PD to the departments that read the forums.

My hat is off to them if they knew of the picnic and chose not to make a scene. :D
Same exact thing with our Rancho Cucamonga meetup. We contacted the local sub-station right down the road within walking distance. They also choose to leave the law-abiding alone. No visible appearance, no e-checks, no 911 calls bya panicked public.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

boichoi wrote:
Just a question, should we notify the place of business of our intentions?
It's usually wise to make a reservation if you're bringing a large group.

Other than that... no reason to ask. I've been in scores of businesses (perhaps hundreds) and have only had one ask me to not carry my gun in their store. I believe if you ask, you're inviting them to say "no". Most times that's exactly the answer you'll get.

(Of course, if you know a place has a policy against the carrying of weapons, I'd respect that policy... usually by simply not patronizing such establishments.)