• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Democrat wants you to tell the school if you have guns

DocWalker

I agree. Which is why I am asking exactly where this "mandate" is. Rush Limbaugh is just as much propaganda as anything put out by liberals, so you have to have your filters on to find out exactly what is really going on.

The Goverment "mandates" that we ask our patients if they have firearms at home, I disagree with the question but we are forced to ask. I tell them before asking the questions they don't have to answer the question but I have to ask. Most of my fellow veterans will lie and tell the staff "NO" they don't.

This goes for smoking also. I know employees that answer that they don't smoke on their insurance paperwork even if they do smoke; they know they would have to pay more if they said "Yes I smoke".

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... I know employees that answer that they don't smoke on their insurance paperwork even if they do smoke; they know they would have to pay more if they said "Yes I smoke".

So you are okay with you and me paying more for their health care because they lie about smoking?

OC for ME

.....and drug use, and drinking, and driving into a ditch, and running with scissors in your hand, and eating far too many doughnuts.....why does smoking get the #1 spot on folks' list of gripes about health care insurance premiums. Only 19% of Americans smoke according to the anti-smoking Nazis, and they are licking their lips to get that number down to zero. Thank you nearest smoker with a hug, he is paying a bunch for your health insurance premiums to be lower due to cigarette taxes.

Ban cigarettes and watch what happens. As the number of smokers goes down the amount of money from taxes goes down. Look to increased fuel taxes as a result of lower fuel usage due to the Prius.

DocWalker

.....and drug use, and drinking, and driving into a ditch, and running with scissors in your hand, and eating far too many doughnuts.....why does smoking get the #1 spot on folks' list of gripes about health care insurance premiums. Only 19% of Americans smoke according to the anti-smoking Nazis, and they are licking their lips to get that number down to zero. Thank you nearest smoker with a hug, he is paying a bunch for your health insurance premiums to be lower due to cigarette taxes.

Ban cigarettes and watch what happens. As the number of smokers goes down the amount of money from taxes goes down. Look to increased fuel taxes as a result of lower fuel usage due to the Prius.

Yes and Colorado and Washigton State have done away with Glaucoma by legalizing the use of Mary Jane.

Opps Sarcasm....for those that don't know what that is.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

You're aware, of course, that New York already has a rampant cigarette smuggling black market, complete with all the trappings of prohibition-era fun.

My Doc and his nurse are both gun people and they both say the Gov can go to hell with their gun questions. I carry to all my appointments with him.

scott58dh

Okay. Where is the mandate in that?

"Bureaucracies in the Obama Administration have thus far published approximately 11,588,500 words (@ 850 words per page = 13,633 pgs.) of final Obamacare." October 14, 2013
source>>> http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/11588500-words-obamacare-regs-30x-long-law

The "Mandate" in this case is one of those where ya' gotta read between the lines & I'm sure as anything that there is some kinda' "Catch 22" in there somewhere.

I suppose it's like anything involving Gov't subsidized employment, which the Healthcare system is becoming, just "Follow The $$$" !!!

Drs. ,as individuals, can make the choice to jump thru the hoops to keep "The System" satisfied, for now, but eventually ***Big Health Gov't*** will Not pay up if *You as a "Free" Self Employed Practitioner* refuse to Pay the Piper in order to Reap the rewards of becoming a "sheeple" in the *System*,,, just sayin', no facts to back up My Opinion.

Sounds good to me,,, Whatcha' think, make Any sense to you ?

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Forced into contracting with the Government... Kind of like that social security number we were given at birth. Ones you are in the system, you cannot get out...
Obama care, SSA, IRS, drivers licenses... All forced contracts... Say good bye to privy.. The G has all your information...

My .02

Regards.

CCJ

F350

The Goverment "mandates" that we ask our patients if they have firearms at home, I disagree with the question but we are forced to ask. I tell them before asking the questions they don't have to answer the question but I have to ask. Most of my fellow veterans will lie and tell the staff "NO" they don't.

LIE, LIE, LIE!!! Any cute answer/no answer or questioning of the question will likely go in the record as a YES with many doctor's offices.

I have been lying on these forms for years figuring some day we would get to where we are now; if you compile all the doctors forms I have filled out you will find I am a Latino-Asian-Native American-South Pacific Islander-European, between the ages of 45 & 75, who has never smoked, drank or engaged in promiscuous sex, always wears my seat belt and never exceeds the speed limit.

In the 1990 census I got one of the "long form" questionnaires; I filled out the number of people living at the address and all the rest of the questions like how many toilets I had, how far I drove to work etc. I answered...

NOYFB

OC for ME

It is unethical to ask a question that is obviously not related to the diagnosis/treatment at the time of the exam/treatment.

The claim that the question holds medical value is only made by the government.....and liberals.

F350

They won't go in the record as a YES if they say NO or say they don't want to answer. Some of us still have ethics.

Of course if you say NO it won't be turned into a yes, and not every refusal to answer or questioning the question; but given the nature of the question only someone who owns guns would answer anything but NO. And not every Doc will go that route true that's why I said "likely"; but given the way the AMA is going on the 2nd amendment issues why take the chance; I never give an ambiguous answer, I just don't give a truthful answer if I don't see the relevance.

Last edited:

F350

Try N/A

regards

CCJ

OK; lets try this.... I am of an anti-gun bend; on a questionnaire I ask "Do you own any firearms?" and you enter N/A, I ask myself "Would someone who thinks like me answer N/A or a simple NO"? You just got entered in my data base as a YES.

As I said I never give cutsie or evasive answers, I will give a direct clear answer; it likely won't be a truthful answer but there will be no doubt of the answer I give.

Oramac

OK; lets try this.... I am of an anti-gun bend; on a questionnaire I ask "Do you own any firearms?" and you enter N/A, I ask myself "Would someone who thinks like me answer N/A or a simple NO"? You just got entered in my data base as a YES.

As I said I never give cutsie or evasive answers, I will give a direct clear answer; it likely won't be a truthful answer but there will be no doubt of the answer I give.

It's unfortunate, but I have to agree with this. I know several very liberal people who, under these circumstances, would interpret "N/A" as "yes" without batting an eye. And without telling you too.