• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Downtown Hoedown

Frank Bernz

Banned
imported post

I'm getting ready to head to Hoe Down. Is any one from the Warren picnic going? Can we hook up someplace? I don't have my CPL. Can I OC inside?

Thanks Francesco

scot623

imported post

Sprinklerguy, stilly and I are heading down there in the next hour or two. You cannot OC without cpl because they are selling beer. At least, that's my take on it.

Frank Bernz

Banned
imported post

scot623 wrote:
Sprinklerguy, stilly and I are heading down there in the next hour or two. You cannot OC without cpl because they are selling beer. At least, that's my take on it.
Are you sure? It is outside on the streets. I will not be going to the beer tent. I'm leaving now. I will look for you guys there. I will just look for the guys with the guns. LOL I seen sprinlkerguy on tv. And I talked to Mike at his picnic too. I do not remember which guy you were. See you soon.

Francesco

kryptonian

imported post

went to hoedown last night (saturday). WHAT A MESS!! took an hour to get in. everybody had to go thru security check. shoulder to shoulder cattle car people. mostly young and drunk. i quit drinking last year by popular demand. thousands of people. you couldn't move. didn't OC or CC. if a shot was fired there would be many dead from stampede. saw police make arrests and almost saw a tasering. had my camera ready for youtube or whatever.your gun would be mashed up against some chain smoking fat chick the whole time.
saw the usual - shirtless guy fights, openly smoking weed people, passed out drunk people, girls squatting to pee in the grass and alleys, people pushing strollers thru the crowd (why?why?), drunk high school kids and a young girl dropped her pants to show her friends the tattoo on her ass.
if ANYBODY got thru the front gate OC i will be amazed. bad place to try and further the cause in my opinion. read all thru the posts waiting for someone to report on the OC effort and read all the arguments. anxious to hear.

scot623

imported post

Frank Bernz wrote:
Hoedown did not go too good last night. Big problems with security. Even bigger problems with cops. Gun taken. Got arrested and let go later. Disorderly conduct and brandishing a firearm. I didn't even take it from my holster. But I put my hand on it to keep security guy from grabbing it. We got into a big scuffle. Both of us landed on the ground. He never got my gun though. Cops showed up and beat the crap out of me. I got 2 of them pretty good. All of my training kicked in. Too many of them in the end. I'm sore today. But that security guard is feeling worse. And that cop is going to need dental work.

I call BS. If you fought the Detroit PD, you'd still be in jail. How were you not charged with assaulting an officer?