• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

evolving to revolvers

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
Not gonna make any apologies for it but I'd never buy another S&W after they basically sold out to the Brady Bunch way back when.
I can sympathize with this - but based on this reasoning you can't buy Ruger either after the hand Bill Ruger played in last AWB.

JTWY

imported post

You could also add Colt to that list as well. I was working in a gun store about 9 years ago and Colt came in and removed everyone of their guns from the shelves. They had decided to not sell any more guns to the public, they were only going to sell to the military. Shortly after they changed their minds and put their guns back on the shelves. But they came real close to jumping in bed with the liberals.

JT

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

S&W isn't owned by the same people any more and the current ownership and management has stated their disdain for the agreement and their intention to fight it in court if the gov't ever tries to invoke it. To the best of my knowledge, the only senior manager remaining from the prior ownership is a VP who quit S&W in protest over the agreement who was then re-hired by the new owners.

Personally I am not inclined to punish the current American owners and employees for the sins of the prior British owners.

Edit: spelling

KansasMustang

imported post

Don Barnett wrote:
By theway, I think your Redhawk is a 5 1/2" barrel; the 4 5/8" barrel is on the Single ActionSuper Blackhawk. I've tried to conceal my Single Action New Model Blackhawk (.45 Colt) just for fun,but it is too wide and causes a noticeable lump on my "strong" sde.
BTW I own the weapon, and sorry, it is exactly as I stated, a 4 5/8ths barrel Ruger Redhawk. Please do not presume to correct me on any weapon that I own. I have not seen one since in that length barrel. Ruger has come out with a 4" barrel Redhawk Now, and I ALMOST traded in my old girl for one, but we go back a long ways, to 1986 when I bought 'er new.

Don Barnett

imported post

I stand corrected, then...Ruger must not make the Redhawk anymore in that barrel length.

SHOOTER13

imported post

My carry revolver...

S&W M629 44 Magnum / 44 Special 4 inch barrel Pachmayr Grips

SWM62944MAGNUMsmall-1.jpg