• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

finally got a decent decent holster for OC..

nh92d

imported post

newholster.jpg

uncle mikes kydex paddle with adjustable cant an ride..

(now just gotta find out whichcant an rideis comfortable)

cs9c1

imported post

That holster is fine for CC, but I would get a holster with some form of active retention device for OC if I were you. I have a Galco with a thumb break, or my Blackhawk CQC with SERPA retention. This is mostly called level 2 retention. I quit using my Fobus years ago. Just my two cents.

nh92d

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
That holster is fine for CC, but I would get a holster with some form of active retention device for OC if I were you. I have a Galco with a thumb break, or my Blackhawk CQC with SERPA retention. This is mostly called level 2 retention. I quit using my Fobus years ago. Just my two cents.

i'll have to check out some level 2 retention holsters.probably wait until the weather calls for shorts an t-shirts cause until then,i'll always be wearing some kind of cover over when ever i'm outside...

nh92d

imported post

only prob i have right now is when i get in my car,if i'm not careful..i get jabbed in the side by the holster.finding that it hits the lap belt catch..

seeing that i have automatic shoulder belt an manual lap..i've thought about removeing the lap belt (at least the part where it latches too) and keeping shoulder only....(or maybe not)

wish i had bench seats in the front..:banghead:

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

nh92d wrote:
only prob i have right now is when i get in my car,if i'm not careful..i get jabbed in the side by the holster.finding that it hits the lap belt catch..

seeing that i have automatic shoulder belt an manual lap..i've thought about removeing the lap belt (at least the part where it latches too) and keeping shoulder only....(or maybe not)

wish i had bench seats in the front..:banghead:

Do not remove the lap belt unless you want to leave your head behind as you slide under the dash! :what:

What I do with my full size 1911 inBlackhawk Serpa retention holster is have it canted forward and slide it to the 3 o'clock position when I get into my car. That keeps it from getting tangled up with seat or seat belt and allows a better draw while seated.

LoveMyCountry

hirundo82

imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
Do not remove the lap belt unless you want to leave your head behind as you slide under the dash! :what:
Yeah, not to mention the bilateral femur fractures caused by your knees hitting the dash. The lap belt is definitely the most important auto restraint.

nh92d

imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:

What I do with my full size 1911 inBlackhawk Serpa retention holster is have it canted forward and slide it to the 3 o'clock position when I get into my car. That keeps it from getting tangled up with seat or seat belt and allows a better draw while seated.

LoveMyCountry
that's the thing..i only use the shoulder belt an not lap.the shoulder belt is automatic but lap is manualy..

is it butt forward (FBI) cant or muzzle forward? right now it's at straight cant and if i'm carefully an pay attention when i get in,i don't get jabbed.will see how forward cant works..