• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flintlock Tom goes UOC in San Diego

pullnshoot25

Regular Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
1,139
Location
Escondido, California, USA
imported post

Baby steps yes, but these guys should know by now.

What section of town was this in? Sounds like the next OC meet needs to be there...

ETA: I sent the North Shore captain an email about this incident to make sure these guys are notified of their legal transgressions. Apparently they are not under her authority but she did forward my email to the appropriate guy (whomever that is.)
 

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
2,231
Location
Shasta County, California, USA
imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
I just wanted to share that I had my first “random” encounter with the San Diego Police while openly carrying a firearm.
On Sunday I was contacted by 5 officers ....
This is partly what I have been getting at with persistance and regularity. This wasnt at a function planned in advance and it wasnta 'one-time' event. It was someone out on their regular errands stopped by 5 officers investigating a non-crime. The more frequently this occurs, the more likely proceedures will change. Unfortunately, as uncomfortable as it is to be detained, police encounters in a given community would have to occur with enough frequency that authorities would have to reprioritize their time. Again-while they may berespondingto our activities,it is their choice on how they spend their resources...
 

KylaGWolf

Regular Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
82
Location
San Diego, , USA
imported post

sounds like Food 4 less is off my list of places to spend my money. Although what sucks is while they were nice they did cross the line. I am glad most of your outings are "boring" so to speak. In all honesty that is how it should be.

Here is what gets me we are told ignorance of the law is no excuse but those that are supposed to uphold the law can be ignorant and no one holds them accountable.
 

KylaGWolf

Regular Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
82
Location
San Diego, , USA
imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
Baby steps yes, but these guys should know by now.

What section of town was this in? Sounds like the next OC meet needs to be there...

ETA: I sent the North Shore captain an email about this incident to make sure these guys are notified of their legal transgressions. Apparently they are not under her authority but she did forward my email to the appropriate guy (whomever that is.)
I do believe that area falls under the western division.
 

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
2,585
Location
Stanislaus County, California, USA
imported post

KylaGWolf wrote:
sounds like Food 4 less is off my list of places to spend my money.
Hold off until I get a reply from Food4Less corporate. Sending a request for corporate policy tonight. I've open carried in their stores a couple times with no problems, so I bet it's just an isolated, knee-jerk incident.
 

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
405
Location
San Diego, California, USA
imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
flintlock tom wrote:
I just wanted to share that I had my first “random” encounter with the San Diego Police while openly carrying a firearm.
On Sunday I was contacted by 5 officers ....
This is partly what I have been getting at with persistance and regularity. This wasnt at a function planned in advance and it wasnta 'one-time' event. It was someone out on their regular errands stopped by 5 officers investigating a non-crime. The more frequently this occurs, the more likely proceedures will change. Unfortunately, as uncomfortable as it is to be detained, police encounters in a given community would have to occur with enough frequency that authorities would have to reprioritize their time. Again-while they may berespondingto our activities,it is their choice on how they spend their resources...
Exactly, thank you.
 

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
405
Location
San Diego, California, USA
imported post

A follow-up to my brief detention last Sunday.
Today I spoke with the local manager and the district manager for the Food-4-Less store in Mission Valley, near highway 163 and Friars Rd.
First they apologized to me for the police being called. The district manager said that it should have been handled one-on-one.
When I asked what the company policy was concerning firearms, the local manager said that "the company will stand firm on it's no firearms rule".
I asked if they were going to include firearms on the sign by the door which prohibits pets and roller-blades, the district manager said he "would look into it".
So, apparently the official company rule is "no firearms in the store".
I'm not sure how productive any attempt would be to get the policy changed, but feel free to write letters or e-mails to higher-ups.
 

pullnshoot25

Regular Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
1,139
Location
Escondido, California, USA
imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
A follow-up to my brief detention last Sunday.
Today I spoke with the local manager and the district manager for the Food-4-Less store in Mission Valley, near highway 163 and Friars Rd.
First they apologized to me for the police being called. The district manager said that it should have been handled one-on-one.
When I asked what the company policy was concerning firearms, the local manager said that "the company will stand firm on it's no firearms rule".
I asked if they were going to include firearms on the sign by the door which prohibits pets and roller-blades, the district manager said he "would look into it".
So, apparently the official company rule is "no firearms in the store".
I'm not sure how productive any attempt would be to get the policy changed, but feel free to write letters or e-mails to higher-ups.
Email is inbound to Stollenwerk when I get some facts gathered.

Flintlock, gimme a call when you get the chance.
 

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
8,706
Location
Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
flintlock tom wrote:
When I asked what the company policy was concerning firearms, the local manager said that "the company will stand firm on it's no firearms rule".
I asked if they were going to include firearms on the sign by the door which prohibits pets and roller-blades, the district manager said he "would look into it".
How many times do we have to remind folks - NEVER ASK STORES TO POST!

Repeat - NEVER ASK STORES TO POST. Don't mention it - if you say it, they will come!

Now you have encouraged them to codify their policy which they may not in fact really have anyway.
 

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
2,231
Location
Shasta County, California, USA
imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
When I asked what the company policy was concerning firearms, the local manager said that "the company will stand firm on it's no firearms rule".
.... So, apparently the official company rule is "no firearms in the store".
I'm not sure how productive any attempt would be to get the policy changed, but feel free to write letters or e-mails to higher-ups.
I love this. They have a 'no firearms' policy. They do not screen everyone for weapons who enter their doors, so the only way they can enforce their policy is to ask those who are lawfully carrying their firearm exposed to leave. This leaves three kinds of armed people on the premises- police, who will not heed their policy, those who are licensed to carry concealed who will not heed their policy, and criminals who carry concealled illegally who will not heed their policy.A sign has no legally binding effect onany kind ofweapons possessionsave a charge under PC 602.All they can do is ask you to leave and call the cops when you dont. Once that happens, thenthey can trespass you permanently. But SIGNS prohibiting carry on private propertydont mean sh!t in California.
 

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
2,585
Location
Stanislaus County, California, USA
imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
A follow-up to my brief detention last Sunday.
Today I spoke with the local manager and the district manager for the Food-4-Less store in Mission Valley, near highway 163 and Friars Rd.
First they apologized to me for the police being called. The district manager said that it should have been handled one-on-one.
When I asked what the company policy was concerning firearms, the local manager said that "the company will stand firm on it's no firearms rule".
I asked if they were going to include firearms on the sign by the door which prohibits pets and roller-blades, the district manager said he "would look into it".
So, apparently the official company rule is "no firearms in the store".
I'm not sure how productive any attempt would be to get the policy changed, but feel free to write letters or e-mails to higher-ups.
I have yet to get a reply from corporate, other than a brief e-mail saying, "I'm forwarding this to the correct person, who will respond." I'm curious to see how corporate policy will differ from what these lower reps are saying.
 

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
405
Location
San Diego, California, USA
imported post

Mike wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
flintlock tom wrote:
When I asked what the company policy was concerning firearms, the local manager said that "the company will stand firm on it's no firearms rule".
I asked if they were going to include firearms on the sign by the door which prohibits pets and roller-blades, the district manager said he "would look into it".
How many times do we have to remind folks - NEVER ASK STORES TO POST!

Repeat - NEVER ASK STORES TO POST. Don't mention it - if you say it, they will come!

Now you have encouraged them to codify their policy which they may not in fact really have anyway.
Sorry.

I'm new at this.
 

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
405
Location
San Diego, California, USA
imported post

I am going to a (tax revolt) T.E.A. Party this Saturday. I will be carrying. If anyone cares to come along, that would be most welcome.

The location is Spanish Landing on Harbor drive, near the airport, at 11:00 A.M.

According to Google Maps, there does not appear to be any schools within 1000'.
 

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
2,585
Location
Stanislaus County, California, USA
imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
I am going to a (tax revolt) T.E.A. Party this Saturday. I will be carrying. If anyone cares to come along, that would be most welcome.

The location is Spanish Landing on Harbor drive, near the airport, at 11:00 A.M.

According to Google Maps, there does not appear to be any schools within 1000'.
Please be sure to have a friendly witness with video recorder ready. In AZ - where open carry is legal and common - they harassed and disarmed a guy at a tea party.

The tyrants don't like it when the peasantry speak out. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
 

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
405
Location
San Diego, California, USA
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
flintlock tom wrote:
I am going to a (tax revolt) T.E.A. Party this Saturday. I will be carrying. If anyone cares to come along, that would be most welcome.

The location is Spanish Landing on Harbor drive, near the airport, at 11:00 A.M.

According to Google Maps, there does not appear to be any schools within 1000'.
Please be sure to have a friendly witness with video recorder ready. In AZ - where open carry is legal and common - they harassed and disarmed a guy at a tea party.

The tyrants don't like it when the peasantry speak out. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Thanks, good advice.
 

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
405
Location
San Diego, California, USA
imported post

I just got back from the T.E.A. party. Several hundred people showed up. Several impassioned speeches about "throwing the bums out", lots of clever signs and tee-shirts.
My boss was there. He was standing behind me during the speeches, reading my shirt (Nation of Riflemen, Bill of Rights, inviolate), then he noticed I was wearing a kilt, then he noticed I was wearing a gun, then he realized: "hey, that must be Tom."
Two SDPD cars and one SD Harbor police on the street, but not too near. Individual officers were walking around the perimeter of the crowd, but didn't get agitated about the goings-on.
No police contact today.
I got several compliments on my kilt and just as many on my gun.
Two guys with a microphone and a video camera asked me about my thoughts on the activities and zoomed in on my side-arm. I think they were some free-lance outfit on the internet. No idea how to locate their web-site.
I had my audio recorder going all the time and a couple friends there with cameras, but nothing interesting to report.
 

KylaGWolf

Regular Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
82
Location
San Diego, , USA
imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
Mike wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
flintlock tom wrote:
When I asked what the company policy was concerning firearms, the local manager said that "the company will stand firm on it's no firearms rule".
I asked if they were going to include firearms on the sign by the door which prohibits pets and roller-blades, the district manager said he "would look into it".
How many times do we have to remind folks - NEVER ASK STORES TO POST!

Repeat - NEVER ASK STORES TO POST. Don't mention it - if you say it, they will come!

Now you have encouraged them to codify their policy which they may not in fact really have anyway.
Sorry.

I'm new at this.
nothing to apologize for. In all honesty I don't think your asking that was wrong. No way to know if they don't post.
 
Top