• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goings on in Tacoma

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

right, a lawsuit is not in my heart, I was telling the wife that today, and we both feel that we were not treated badly or harmed in anyway in this encounter so we are not going tofollow up on anything. They officers were just following up on a BMWAG call. I am happy about that. I just feel bad that they came to me when they could have been dealing with something really serious. But the operator and the security at FM need to be brought up to speed on OC.

carhas0

imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
right, a lawsuit is not in my heart, I was telling the wife that today, and we both feel that we were not treated badly or harmed in anyway in this encounter so we are not going tofollow up on anything. They officers were just following up on a BMWAG call. I am happy about that. I just feel bad that they came to me when they could have been dealing with something really serious. But the operator and the security at FM need to be brought up to speed on OC.
Maybe just file a complaint, then. You can make sure to point out how polite the officers were and their knowledge of OC being legal (although they seem to have thought that one must conceal if he has a CPL). However, also be sure to point out their lack of training on 4th amendment rights, such as detaining someone (in the form of a traffic stop) without any suspicion of a crime.

tricityguy

imported post

I think the most important thing here is to get through to 911 dispatchers. When a call is made and the caller confirms, "It's just a guy walking around with a gun in a holster," the dispatcher should be trained to say, "That is a legal activity, so we aren't going to dispatch anyone. If he threatens someone, or gets violent, or removes the gun from the holster, call us back."

I mean, it's really akin to calling in a guy with a cellular phone. "Hey, this guy is just walking around the store talking on the phone. I think he's up to no good." The whole thing is silly.

Mainsail

imported post

17-year-old shot in weekend robbery attempt
Posted by Ian Demsky @ 08:14:58 pm

A 17-year-old was shot in the back Saturday night by a friend during a robbery attempt, according to court records.

According to a prosecutor's affidavit:

Pierce County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a broken down car in the 14600 block of Highway 162. In the car they found a 19-year-old, three 17-year-olds and 16-year-old.

One of the 17-year-olds had "suffered a severe gunshot wound." Initial reports were that the teen had been wounded in a drive-by shooting, but it later emerged he had been shot by a friend during a home invasion robbery.

The 19-year-old believed he was owed money from someone in the 15400 block of 188th Street East and took three friends along to collect the debt.

The three 17-year-olds went in armed with a gun while the 19-year-old stayed outside.

While one teen but the victim in a headlock, the other tried to hit him with the gun butt. That's when the gun when off.

They tried to drive the teen to a hospital, but ran out of gas.

The older teens are being charged as adults with various crimes including burglary, attempted robbery and assault. The 16-year-old, whose role in events wasn't clear in court records, is being treated as a juvenile.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Two specific words come to mind on this one: "Natural Selection."

If you're gonna pistol-whip someone, clear the chamber and don't put your finger through the triggerguard for leverage. Duh. Good call on the running out of gas, too. All around, a well-executed plan for the home invasion. :p

Mainsail

imported post

What was that: robbery at ATM near 6th and Mildred
Posted by Ian Demsky @ 07:26:37 pm

According to radio traffic, a woman was using an ATM near 6th and Mildred about 7:15 p.m. when she was grabbed from behind and robbed.

She didn't get a good look at the suspect, who was wearing a ski mask.

Police had a caught a possible suspect who ran away from them in the area, but it wasn't clear if they were able to link him to the robbery.

Mainsail

imported post

It's a busy night, like a full moon or something. Shootings, drive-bys, and a group
just robbed the O'Gallaghers in Lakewood. Shots fired. Men in ski masks just robbed the entire restaurant.

Guess nobody was carrying...

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mainsail wrote:
It's a busy night, like a full moon or something. Shootings, drive-bys, and a group
just robbed the O'Gallaghers in Lakewood. Shots fired. Men in ski masks just robbed the entire restaurant.

Guess nobody was carrying...

WOW that is a stones throw awayfrom my house...

I was OCing in a store a a few days ago and a lady said " I did not think lakewood was that bad of a place." talking about the police activity close by. .. But I guess Lakewood is that bad

Nosrac

imported post

Anybody catch what the dust up was on the corner of Gravelly and Nyanza at 16:00 yesterday? There four Lakewood police cars and a whole posse surrounding about 6-8 14-17 yo kids.

compmanio365

imported post

Was reading the article on that shooting out in Lakewood last night, and all I have to say is, law or not, those would have been two dead gunmen if I happened to be in that bar.........I'm just glad I wasn't put in that situation.

Mainsail

imported post

Wow, the bank on the corner, about four blocks from here was robbed yesterday. It looks like Richard Simmons:

bankrob.jpg

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Shots fired 2 houses away one person enroute to the hospital. The neighborhood is alight with red and blue lights. Anyone heard anything on the scanner?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

KIRO came out and did a interview with me & the roommate over the shooting last night & me OC'ing the whole time. Should be on about 6pm 11/16/08.

I got to get me a T-shirt made up with OCDO...

Nosrac

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
KIRO came out and did a interview with me & the roommate over the shooting last night & me OC'ing the whole time. Should be on about 6pm 11/16/08.

I got to get me a T-shirt made up with OCDO...

Did it play? I must have missed it.

Mainsail

imported post

I heard this earlier this evening. In the south end a man with a knife tried to rob another man.....who had a gun. The robber fled. It was interesting to listen to the call though, no panic (about the gun) or gnashing of teeth. Dispatch notified the officers that the victim had a license and that he had re-holstered his handgun.