• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Very cool plate!

OC-ed to Pink, Golden Coral, Food Lion yesterday. As we were leaving GC a young man (teenager) asked what kind of gun I was carrying and I told him FNP-45 and a few of its features and reasonable cost. I think his idea of reasonable and mine were a bit different though by his reaction. :)

The earning curve and the learning curve come together in direct relationship to chronological age with little concern for the yearning curve.

45acpForMe

Looks like you're getting ready for rough weather. Hope all goes well down there.

Just OC-ed to GI Joes to buy a poncho. :) I will be sitting outside in the coming rain unable to OC at a middle school football tournament. :-(

I don't worry too much about the weather for me personally but others in low lying areas are more affected. The Frankenstorm is supposed to really converge on NJ and NY so while I hope there is no loss of life, those areas could use a good washing. :) If it turns and hits DC "and" NY I will consider it a message from God. ;-)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just OC-ed to GI Joes to buy a poncho. :) I will be sitting outside in the coming rain unable to OC at a middle school football tournament. :-(

I don't worry too much about the weather for me personally but others in low lying areas are more affected. The Frankenstorm is supposed to really converge on NJ and NY so while I hope there is no loss of life, those areas could use a good washing. :) If it turns and hits DC "and" NY I will consider it a message from God. ;-)

It's still too early to tell but I think it's going to come in on the Delmarva Peninsula and smack DC head on.
I'm expecting rain and not hunting tomorrow, so it will be sunny and clear here.:uhoh:

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Just notified I'm now on mandatory on call thru Tuesday or Wednesday. Luckily we are in one of the highest areas of the shore. Stocked up on gas for the generator, and made quick trip to store for last min. supplies. Now to batten down the hatches, and prep the life boat. You all be careful.

John

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I love a little wind and rain

[video=youtube;lgWs_SbTtjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgWs_SbTtjw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

paramedic70002

Just notified I'm now on mandatory on call thru Tuesday or Wednesday. Luckily we are in one of the highest areas of the shore. Stocked up on gas for the generator, and made quick trip to store for last min. supplies. Now to batten down the hatches, and prep the life boat. You all be careful.

John

I'm on the meat wagon all day today and Monday. Not answering my phone Sunday. Be safe!

45acpForMe

Are Ron and Jean still around? I haven't seen or heard from them in a while. Maybe I've just not been paying attention?

Yes they are still around just keeping a low profile I guess. :) I saw them a while back either at the picnic or an OC dinner.

OC-ed to Taco Bell, Chipotle, Food Lion, Kroger, etc etc no issues. :)

skew12

I just left a Navy Federal branch in downtown Portsmouth and they had a no guns sign. I was under the impression that these signs carried no weight in VA???

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I just left a Navy Federal branch in downtown Portsmouth and they had a no guns sign. I was under the impression that these signs carried no weight in VA???

There is no state mandated/official verbiage, but it does tell you where the business stands on the issue.

Must you be given a verbal to cease before being subject to trespass?

Some say yes, some say no. Do you feel strongly enough about it to be a test case about violating the rules on private property?

My money and I walk.

skew12

There is no state mandated/official verbiage, but it does tell you where the business stands on the issue.

Must you be given a verbal to cease before being subject to trespass?

Some say yes, some say no. Do you feel strongly enough about it to be a test case about violating the rules on private property?

My money and I walk.

I can agree with that.

However this is the first branch I've seen with one. I OC'd once before at the branch in Churchland/Western branch without a problem. I don't go to the bank often, but Ill be looking into other banks.

Esanders2008

Open Carry in Hampton Roads

I've been here for two hours. The police officer pulled me aside to tell me they have a policy of not treating anyone with a sidearm, but didn't order me to disarm.
He told me it might be a good idea to leave in my car after Courtney was seen in triage, but they took her straight back from triage and I didn't get a chance to put it up.
So far most of the staff have seen me but not said anything either way.

Last edited:

45acpForMe

I've been here for two hours. The police officer pulled me aside to tell me they have a policy of not treating anyone with a sidearm, but didn't order me to disarm.
He told me it might be a good idea to leave in my car after Courtney was seen in triage, but they took her straight back from triage and I didn't get a chance to put it up.
So far most of the staff have seen me but not said anything either way.

I hope she is alright! Were you in an accident?

OC-ed to Atlantic Coast Tumbling, Japan Samurai yesterday.