• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

History of bumper stickers

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The retangular bumper stickers have fallen somewhat in disfavor.

Vehicle magenets and stickers for the rear/side windows are the new boys in town and quite popular. Too there are stickers to wear on your clothing when meeting with legislators or just want to promote your stance.

BlueSquid

I had both of those magnets on my truck, though as soon as it got cold and rainy out they wanted to fall right off :( They're currently being stored in the pouch behind my seat.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I had both of those magnets on my truck, though as soon as it got cold and rainy out they wanted to fall right off :( They're currently being stored in the pouch behind my seat.

Keep the back of the magnets clean as well as the paint under them - that should clear up the problem. My tailgate is very flat where I have them mounted. That helps too. Neither rain, sleet, snow, or below freezing weather has loosened their grip.

They really do jump out at you from the rear of a white Dodge Ram. :)

Before the magnets became available, I had a GSL sticker on the rear window behind the driver's seat. It weathered extremely well, but when I replaced it with the magnets, it took silicon spray and a razor blade to get the sticky part off.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Burying the hatchet is against site rules...:uhoh:

Actually, it's the open display of full-size axes which the forum frowns upon.
We are trying to normalize the open carry of hatchets/tomahawks as we go about our everyday lives. The members of the administration of OCDO have nothing against long handle axes, each owns at least one, but we will leave it to other sites to promote/endorse their use. This is not the place for such conversation. :p...:p

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

We are trying to normalize the open carry of hatchets/tomahawks as we go about our everyday lives. The members of the administration of OCDO have nothing against long handle axes, each owns at least one, but we will leave it to other sites to promote/endorse their use. This is not the place for such conversation. :p...:p
:lol:

XD40sc

Saw one the other day, but couldn't see who was driving.

"I wear lipstick. I own guns"

twoskinsonemanns

I've pondered getting a custom bumper sticker extracted from this portion of WV Code. Specifically the bolded. It's a bit wordy lol
§29B-1-. Declaration of policy.
Pursuant to the fundamental philosophy of the American constitutional form of representative government which holds to the principle that government is the servant of the people, and not the master of them, it is hereby declared to be the public policy of the state of West Virginia that all persons are, unless otherwise expressly provided by law, entitled to full and complete information regarding the affairs of government and the official acts of those who represent them as public officials and employees.

SovereigntyOrDeath

Well regulated militia...hmm. If I were in a militia I would hope that I were well regulated. So, being a member of "the people" I have the absolute right to peacefully carry, without the threat of a penalty or infringement, a firearm.

"Shall not be infringed" is the foundation of reasonable and intelligent discussions on how to mitigate infringements, or to eliminate them all together. A free man must not be compelled, by the state, to pursue permission to peacefully exercise his right, to avoid criminal sanctions for the peaceful exercise of his right.

Eloquent and to the point.

SovereigntyOrDeath

The preamble to the Constitution begins with this bold phrase: "We the people..." These words announce that in the United States, the people establish government and give it its power. The people are sovereign. Since the government receives its power from the people, it can govern only with their consent.

Try putting that on a bumper sticker...:cool:

JoeSparky

Centurion
The preamble to the Constitution begins with this bold phrase: "We the people..." These words announce that in the United States, the people establish government and give it its power. The people are sovereign. Since the government receives its power from the people, it can govern only with their consent.

Try putting that on a bumper sticker...:cool:

OK!

We The People are SOVEREIGN!

B

Bikenut

Here is some bumper sticker logic...

When the right to keep and bear arms is subject to opinion....
"We the people" become the subjects of those ...
who have the power to enforce their opinion.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I was behind a woman driving a big SUV. She must have been very passionate about her belief. Instead of a bumper sticker, her license plate revealed her sentiment - "NO GUNS."

I concluded she hated guns...............or hated men.

I chose not to test my theory of relativity.

HPmatt

I was behind a woman driving a big SUV. She must have been very passionate about her belief. Instead of a bumper sticker, her license plate revealed her sentiment - "NO GUNS."

I have not done it yet, but I think of carrying small 3" round NRA stickers to attach to such liberal cars. Typically it takes a while for you to notice something 'new'. Another thought was to have clear B/Ss with a black 'hash' mark to put over liberal-type B/Ss.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I have not done it yet, but I think of carrying small 3" round NRA stickers to attach to such liberal cars. Typically it takes a while for you to notice something 'new'. Another thought was to have clear B/Ss with a black 'hash' mark to put over liberal-type B/Ss.

You possess no right to deface their property.

DrakeZ07

You possess no right to deface their property.

Most of the people on this forum don't understand that. They feel like they are entitled to do as they please, while thinking they can deface, and do other things, to anti-gun people's property, or person. It's really amusing to behold, a group of people who whine about their rights, yet don't respect the rights of other people who disagree with them.