• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illinois CCW HB 148 (Family and Personal Protection Act)

junglebob

Keep this going folks. If it gets out of committee, then I'd expect it to pass. Of course, the governor's veto is the problem. Let's hope you don't have some weasels that vote for it initially, then switch on the veto override.

The bill has preemption which requires 71 votes, the same number needed to override a veto by the governor.

David M. , I asked about the church exclusion and I believe WVCDLs answer is correct. I'm looking for something like the Ohio LTC provision to allow it with consent of the church authorities, or something like that.

Last edited:

PracticalTactical

HB148.

The current bill language is not the final language that is currently being debated. It will be coming soon and when it does, I think you'll be presently surprised.

Care to share your knowledge on this with us?

Are they going to do reciprocity?

Shameless Sig Plug: Practical Tactical Training - The Best CHL class value in Southern New Mexico. PM me for details or call 575-520-8888

devildoc5

Care to share your knowledge on this with us?

Are they going to do reciprocity?

Shameless Sig Plug: Practical Tactical Training - The Best CHL class value in Southern New Mexico. PM me for details or call 575-520-8888

There is another bill linked twice in this thread and also stickied at the top of the illinois forum that deals specifically with reciprocity.

The division of the two at this point is actually better for illinois residents. For example if they don't get hb148 they still have the option of getting a utah or florida permit and carrying with that. No offense but illinois is so far behind the curve they need to focus on their residents right now and then once they are taken care of they can fight for all the rest of our rights in their state....