• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it a violation of principle for an anarchist to be a cop

Is it a violation of principle for an "anarchist" to accept employment with police

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

WalkingWolf

One guy who could stop being an apoligist, and stepping up to the plate so others step up. I am sure there are police officers who are disgusted at the current state of LE.

Like lifestyles stepping out of the closet and being honest is the first step towards change with both the individual and the public.

ETA that your claim of being only one person is cop bashing IMO. Surprised that came from you...

Last edited:

Primus

Obviously you missed the point. Better sharpen those sleuthing skills, brother.

I got the point. It was just meaningless and not very well thought out.

My comment about being one guy in a big department was referring to his much change just one guy can do. Hence me also saying another like minded guy in same department would help the process. I explained that theory by referring to smaller departments are even easier to change if your able to get in.

My second comment still stands. I alone do 100 times more then any copblocker does by posting stupid videos. Period.

And for the record.... By cutting out the the whole middle of the post and just placing two separate comments together is taking it out of context. Lame.

If you have an even semi formulated opinion that's not based on intentionally taking things out of context I'd love to be graced with it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

A group consists of many individuals(one guy).

Pissss poor excuse for not stepping up to the plate.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Let's not turn this into a bash Primus thread, guys. If Primus stands up for liberty within his department, and we don't need to try to figure out if that's the case or not, then IMO that's commendable of him.

But as far as the original question goes... Just doing good things within the department doesn't necessarily fulfill the criteria. "no matter the way in which he strives to perform his duties"

Also, joining a PD and working to affect change from within and posting videos on copblock are not the only two options for me.

OC for ME

That's like saying why should I join gun rights group x... Or donate to cause b.... Or pro liberty group a..... You join them and fight.

I'm only one guy in a big department. Another one with his mind set would help. Even better if he's able to join a smaller department then the change he could affect is inversely proportionate. Think PD x is full of steroid rage induced aggressive rights haters? Well join it. If its a small town and only has say 10 guys.. You are now 1/10th of the entire force. The sheer amount of calls (or lack thereof) and time engaging the public would be a huge way to impact that town in a positive way. And your ability to be ON the call when officer dummy starts violating rights you can finally put action to words and arrest officer dummy or do w/e u feel necessary BEFORE that citizen gets screwed. For those that feel excessive force is an issue, sign up then be the first on those calls. You can be the guy to use taser or go hands on when the guy has a knife or a gun that you haven't seen shot yet so not sure if its real.

Think if the impact..

But maybe I'm wrong.... I guess b****ing about the police on the web might be a better way to affect change then actually literally doing it yourself.

Final thought/opinion. 1 guy in blue with a pro liberty attitude could do 100 times more to affect change then 1000 idiots on copblock.

The bold is not something you will do unless the citizen is in jeopardy of bodily harm. You have posted in another thread that a "mere rights violation" would prompt you to stand back and call a supervisor. A citizen who is being assaulted unlawfully may warrant your intervention.

Yet, the "new guy" needs to step up and effect change that you would not do.

Hypocrite.

OC for ME

The bold is not something you will do unless the citizen is in jeopardy of bodily harm. You have posted in another thread that a "mere rights violation" would prompt you to stand back and call a supervisor. A citizen who is being assaulted unlawfully may warrant your intervention.

Hypocrite.
Sorry, this thread, Post # 44.

OC for ME

Let's not turn this into a bash Primus thread, guys. If Primus stands up for liberty within his department, and we don't need to try to figure out if that's the case or not, then IMO that's commendable of him.

But as far as the original question goes... Just doing good things within the department doesn't necessarily fulfill the criteria. "no matter the way in which he strives to perform his duties"

Also, joining a PD and working to affect change from within and posting videos on copblock are not the only two options for me.
Bashing Primus? His own words betray him. He has no intention of affecting change in his department. If he gets lucky from time to time with a individual cop then well and good, but make no mistake he is not going to work to change his department as he recommend the OP do. That would be hazardous to his health. New guy? Meh.

Primus

Hypocrite.

Pointing out what someone CAN do that I won't makes me a hypocrite? Negative.

Maybe if I told you they must or even should.

I have said neither.

Focus on the IDEA. Not ME. You might get further.

Primus

Bashing Primus? His own words betray him. He has no intention of affecting change in his department. If he gets lucky from time to time with a individual cop then well and good, but make no mistake he is not going to work to change his department as he recommend the OP do. That would be hazardous to his health. New guy? Meh.

Hazardous to my health? How? Who has said that?

What you fail to realize is I literally can't change things unless I make chief or captain. Then maybe.

There's literally hundreds of calls for service everyday and hundreds of guys on these calls. I'm good but I'm not that good.

WalkingWolf

IMO I have never seen him support liberty outside his department on OCDO. So how can anyone trust that he could effect change in a department where he admits he is only one guy. I just have not figured out whether he is the one good guy among many bad guys, or he is the one bad guy among many good guys.

WalkingWolf

What you fail to realize is I literally can't change things unless I make chief or captain. Then maybe.

There's literally hundreds of calls for service everyday and hundreds of guys on these calls. I'm good but I'm not that good.

Tell that to Deep Throat(Watergate) that effected massive change.

stealthyeliminator

If you can't change things without making chief or captain, then how would I unless I made chief or captain?

WalkingWolf

It's possible Primus is leery of something happening like what happened to the officer in this story:

This is What Happens to “Good Cops” Who Expose Corruption in their Departments

Nobody has said doing the right thing is easy. But what is clear there was no one forcing him on all the occasions he has made excuses for police misconduct here. In fact he has gone out of his way to support the conduct. If he expects me to buy his story that he is a good cop he needs to do a better job of selling it.

Primus

That's like saying why should I join gun rights group x... Or donate to cause b.... Or pro liberty group a..... You join them and fight.

I'm only one guy in a big department. Another one with his mind set would help. Even better if he's able to join a smaller department then the change he could affect is inversely proportionate. Think PD x is full of steroid rage induced aggressive rights haters? Well join it. If its a small town and only has say 10 guys.. You are now 1/10th of the entire force. The sheer amount of calls (or lack thereof) and time engaging the public would be a huge way to impact that town in a positive way. And your ability to be ON the call when officer dummy starts violating rights you can finally put action to words and arrest officer dummy or do w/e u feel necessary BEFORE that citizen gets screwed. For those that feel excessive force is an issue, sign up then be the first on those calls. You can be the guy to use taser or go hands on when the guy has a knife or a gun that you haven't seen shot yet so not sure if its real.

Think if the impact..

But maybe I'm wrong.... I guess b****ing about the police on the web might be a better way to affect change then actually literally doing it yourself.

Final thought/opinion. 1 guy in blue with a pro liberty attitude could do 100 times more to affect change then 1000 idiots on copblock.

If you can't change things without making chief or captain, then how would I unless I made chief or captain?

Please reread my post. Specifically middle section about the size of the PD directly affecting the amount of change a single man can enact.

You could easily choose a department with 30 guys. I happened to choose one with 300.

Everyone seems to complain most about small town cops harassing guys. Well those are the easiest to change (if you can get on). If your literally the ONLY officer on you decode what happens. I go to work with like 30 other guys on just my shift. So my affect in the city and those 30 guys is minimal. I can only control the calls I'm on.

Hope that clarifies...

stealthyeliminator

Please reread my post. Specifically middle section about the size of the PD directly affecting the amount of change a single man can enact.

You could easily choose a department with 30 guys. I happened to choose one with 300.

Everyone seems to complain most about small town cops harassing guys. Well those are the easiest to change (if you can get on). If your literally the ONLY officer on you decode what happens. I go to work with like 30 other guys on just my shift. So my affect in the city and those 30 guys is minimal. I can only control the calls I'm on.

Hope that clarifies...

Yeah, I believe that clarifies what you meant.

sudden valley gunner

He doesn't stand up for liberty in this forum, why would I ever believe he would in his chosen profession.

I strongly disagree that to end bad police is to join them. It's silly and too many examples of what happens to good apples in that rotten barrel.

It's about as smart as saying we are going to end abuse by organized criminals by joining the mafia.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

He doesn't stand up for liberty in this forum, why would I ever believe he would in his chosen profession.

I strongly disagree that to end bad police is to join them. It's silly and too many examples of what happens to good apples in that rotten barrel.

It's about as smart as saying we are going to end abuse by organized criminals by joining the mafia.

You make a good point.

Primus

Good example.

Pretty sure some of the biggest take downs of mafias or organized crimes involved undercover agents infiltrating them....

I'm sure u meant to prove my point right? :D