• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it a violation of principle for an anarchist to be a cop

Is it a violation of principle for an "anarchist" to accept employment with police

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

sudden valley gunner

Good example.

Pretty sure some of the biggest take downs of mafias or organized crimes involved undercover agents infiltrating them....

I'm sure u meant to prove my point right? :D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Umm purposefully being obtuse or is that natural?

I would not engage in criminal activity to and be part of an immoral organization to just to bring them down or change them.

Lying and using entrapment as police work is horrid.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I am going to vote no, because the question is ambiguous and I'm interpreting how I choose.

If you'd asked, "is it a violation of anarchist principle for an individual to seek employment as a cop from an entity of government?", I would say, "yes".

OC for ME

Pointing out what someone CAN do that I won't makes me a hypocrite? Negative.

Yes, I was learned by my Grand Pappy, way back when i was a youngin on a duck huntin outting, that folks who tell ya to do something they won't was being hippokrits. You are a hippokrit. You posted your hippokrittedness for all to read. You then attempt to "qualify" your hippokrittedness.

Considering that cops everywhere will witness lawlessnes by at least one of their fellow cops, and do nothing about it, is common knowledge. Cops will not, for whatever reason, hold their own to the same account as they will hold us mundanes to.

OCDO is replete with examples as proof.

stealthyeliminator

Good example.

Pretty sure some of the biggest take downs of mafias or organized crimes involved undercover agents infiltrating them....

I'm sure u meant to prove my point right? :D

Ohhh, so you meant that I should join the force to document their illegal activity and make a case against them to shut them down? Now THAT would probably be justifiable under anarchistic principles. I could always just put the money away to give back to the people after the bust and shutdown.

Primus

Ohhh, so you meant that I should join the force to document their illegal activity and make a case against them to shut them down? Now THAT would probably be justifiable under anarchistic principles. I could always just put the money away to give back to the people after the bust and shutdown.

We already have a group that does that.

Its called internal affairs lol so yea u could join and document the faults of other cops and shut them down.

OC for ME

The problem with any IA organization is that it is internal. Cops must never be permitted to investigate themselves. Unfortunately that is all we have and it is unlikely to change anytime soon. Cops will investigate themselves...what could go wrong?

MurrayRothbard

I am going to vote no, because the question is ambiguous and I'm interpreting how I choose.

If you'd asked, "is it a violation of anarchist principle for an individual to seek employment as a cop from an entity of government?", I would say, "yes".

Yep, but I still voted yes b/c I was assuming that's the premise OP was operating from

stealthyeliminator

We already have a group that does that.

Its called internal affairs lol so yea u could join and document the faults of other cops and shut them down.

I was being facetious, it would still most likely be a violation of principle no matter which way you sliced it.