• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

just heard a rumor from the total firearms manager...

eastmeyers

imported post

FYI lil freak, IMHO these guys are just screwin with you.

On a side note, take a second look at the Marine Corps, if you REALLY wanna learn your way around a rifle, things arnt how they used to be. If you join the Army you will be basicly trained in the area of your MOS, in the Marines every Marine is a Riflemen.

Good luck,

God Bless

G

imported post

What's the difference between a banana and a Marine?

A banana starts out green and hard and then turns yellow and soft.

:celebrate

Hombre

Banned
imported post

James_Liv_Co wrote:
mikestilly wrote
Secondly licensing, creating laws, revoking laws are not done by ballot initiatives. That leaves it short of reality.

Yes, they can be done by ballot initiative. You have to pay attention in Government class.

Michigan is one of the states where anyone who can gather slightly over 300,000 valid signatures can put a ballot initiative on a ballot. For a statute, if someone submits slightly over 300,000 valid signatures, then the Legislature has 40 days to either adopt the measure as law, or, if they either reject it, or fail to act, then it goes to the voters. Then, a simple majority is all that is needed to pass.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Laws_governing_the_initiative_process_in_Michigan

If they wanted to run it in 2010, it would have to have signatures collected, and submitted before May 10th of this year. If they wanted it in November of 2011, they have until May of 2011 to file. They would need to get 304,000 signatures within a 180 period to do so.

Not an impossible task, depending on if there is money behind signature gathering.
I would vote "yes" on banning OC just due to the simple FACT that it appears that OC'ers are anti-law enforcement and like to argue and bait cops across the state. JMO

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

This is why we have a constitution

If the police would honor their own oaths, this wouldnt be a problem. We dont bait cops, but if they do cross lines, then we have the other constitutional right to petition the government for redress of greivences. Wouldnt it be easier to get rid of that right?

Hombre

Banned
imported post

stainless1911 wrote:

If the police would honor their own oaths, this wouldnt be a problem. We dont bait cops, but if they do cross lines, then we have the other constitutional right to petition the government for redress of greivences. Wouldnt it be easier to get rid of that right?
You know nothing of honoring oaths. To assume that other people DON'T honor the oath of office is ignorant.

sasha601

imported post

Yes, most OC fox carry audio and video recorders. But why is this baiting? This is protection against unlawful acts of a police officer. Also, exposing poice ulawful behavior is healthy. It keeps police corruption in check.

Hombre1 wrote:
James_Liv_Co wrote:
mikestilly wrote
Secondly licensing, creating laws, revoking laws are not done by ballot initiatives. That leaves it short of reality.

Yes, they can be done by ballot initiative.  You have to pay attention in Government class.  

Michigan is one of the states where anyone who can gather slightly over 300,000 valid signatures can put a ballot initiative on a ballot.  For a statute, if someone submits slightly over 300,000 valid signatures, then the Legislature has 40 days to either adopt the measure as law, or, if they either reject it, or fail to act, then it goes to the voters. Then, a simple majority is all that is needed to pass.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Laws_governing_the_initiative_process_in_Michigan

If they wanted to run it in 2010, it would have to have signatures collected, and submitted before May 10th of this year.   If they wanted it in November of 2011, they have until May of 2011 to file.  They would need to get 304,000 signatures within a 180 period to do so.

Not an impossible task, depending on if there is money behind signature gathering.
I would vote "yes" on banning OC just due to the simple FACT that it appears that OC'ers are anti-law enforcement and like to argue and bait cops across the state.  JMO

mikestilly

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

You know nothing of honoring oaths.  To assume that other people DON'T honor the oath of office is ignorant.

To believe that every officer honors their oath is about as ignorant as it gets..

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

You know nothing of honoring oaths. To assume that other people DON'T honor the oath of office is ignorant.

To believe that every officer honors their oath is about as ignorant as it gets..
Apparently so.http://twitter.com/InjusticeNews

Hombre

Banned
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Hombre1 wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

Apparently so.http://twitter.com/InjusticeNews

My favorite.:lol:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/6895404.html

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
I would vote "yes" on banning OC just due to the simple FACT that it appears that OC'ers are anti-law enforcement and like to argue and bait cops across the state.  JMO
I would vote "yes" on banning cops just due to the simple FACT that it appears that law enfarcement is anti-rights and likes to bait law abiding citizens across the country.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
James_Liv_Co wrote:
mikestilly wrote

Yes, they can be done by ballot initiative. You have to pay attention in Government class.

Michigan is one of the states where anyone who can gather slightly over 300,000 valid signatures can put a ballot initiative on a ballot. For a statute, if someone submits slightly over 300,000 valid signatures, then the Legislature has 40 days to either adopt the measure as law, or, if they either reject it, or fail to act, then it goes to the voters. Then, a simple majority is all that is needed to pass.

If they wanted to run it in 2010, it would have to have signatures collected, and submitted before May 10th of this year. If they wanted it in November of 2011, they have until May of 2011 to file. They would need to get 304,000 signatures within a 180 period to do so.

I would vote "yes" on banning OC just due to the simple FACT that it appears that OC'ers are anti-law enforcement and like to argue and bait cops across the state. JMO
Wow generalizations of OC'ers...Nothin wrong with defying law! if i remember correctly this is how law is changed! um if a right is protected by constitution has to be amended. An initiative may make it to a vote but it won't stand up to the constitutionality!

wally1120

imported post

Hombre1 wrote:
WHAT? I have been OCing for almost a year now, And I have been detained by the police once. I don`t go OCing just to bait cops, I OC because that is the only way I can legally carry right now. True I don`t like police, But I am not out to just make there day a living hell either.