• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

letter to Sheriff Urquhart re deputies attacking photographers . . .

zaitz

Banned
Well, that USAF vet did not defend the constitution. When I am videotaping or photographing, I continue to do so regardless of any illegal commands by the po po. And I make it clear that if they want to go home that night that they do not interrupt my first amendment rights. Then they leave me alone.

Here is a pic of a town employee who took my tripod recently, saying that I could not take pics of town property. Guess what? I got my tripod back in about 30 seconds. Oddly enough, she did not touch my tripod again. And I took my pics.

I'd be happy to have you join or visit the Seattle area from time to time!

If and when I am better off financially, I will invite you with funding, if you wish . . . but that may be a few years away!

z

deanf

A veteran is assumed to be trained in the safe use of firearms and a veteran who has been honorably discharged is assumed to be a more or less responsible citizen.

Maybe - maybe not. But none of that is criteria for the state affording any citizen "equal protection under the law" which encompasses everything from discretion of the police officer on the street to treatment in a court of law.

Difdi

And once again, OCDO proves beyond the shadow of any doubt that that old saw about an armed society being a polite society is simply untrue as people who should, by all evidence, be natural allies turn and savage eachother over the most trivial of disagreements over phrasing.

Is it any wonder the anti-gun nuts seem to be winning, when their opponents fight themselves more vigorously than they do gun prohibition?

sudden valley gunner

And once again, OCDO proves beyond the shadow of any doubt that that old saw about an armed society being a polite society is simply untrue as people who should, by all evidence, be natural allies turn and savage eachother over the most trivial of disagreements over phrasing.

Is it any wonder the anti-gun nuts seem to be winning, when their opponents fight themselves more vigorously than they do gun prohibition?

Polite doesn't necessarily mean agree or not argue or even not like.

Dave_pro2a

Is it any wonder the anti-gun nuts seem to be winning

Democrats suck on supporting gun rights.

Republicans suck on supporting gun rights.

No, there's no wonder why the American people are losing.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
A veteran is assumed to be trained in the safe use of firearms and a veteran who has been honorably discharged is assumed to be a more or less responsible citizen.
Black's law dictionary defines “assume” as “pretend.” Presumptions can get you killed.

You clearly don't understand the military. Solders are programmed to kill. When discharged they are not deprogrammed. Solders are programmed to follow orders. When discharged they are not deprogrammed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9qQ-2zeX0E

I'm not going to assume the military is out and about with the purpose of protecting my rights.