• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

cce1302

Well, my employer has seen fit to return me to Eastern North Carolina for a couple years (J-ville area, if you know what that means), though I currently post from foreign shores. I moved back in December.

I've been OCing throughout the town and outskirts, up to emerald isle, and for a few days while Florence had her way with the coast, Raleigh. I have yet to have an unpleasant OC experience. Even those who are not military don't seem to mind, though I find it somewhat disappointing that there are still places around town with unarmed victim zone signs.

OC has become much more common than it was when I first joined OCDO, to the extent that if I make 3-4 stops while running errands, I will generally see at least one OCer besides myself (not counting @Academy or at a gun store).

solus

Well things change sometimes for the better...

Did your employer implement 5210.56 on your installation?

bc.cruiser

Lunch at Applebee's today with a long-time friend. OC'd the 1911. Nobody noticed, or at least did not say anything. The place is not posted but, since they serve alcohol, I used the exemption of 14-269.3(b)(3). My host for the event was using (5) as his exemption. The "event" was a scheduled convention of retired members of a particular military organization. Okay, so only two of us made it; not our fault.:rolleyes: