• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

solus

Toddled into Lowes and watched an individual more mature than myself OC’g and has become my experience, two gentlemen walked up and while chatting out of the blue, insisted on displaying their concealed sidearm...

life is good at sam’s club while open carrying during numerous shopping trips of late

oh wake county sheriff’s chp office is granting appointments for DECEMBER...so much for 45 day turnaround!

Last edited:

solus

Toddled to Sam's encountered a gentleman OC'd, said it was good to see someone,OC'g...yep was the responce w/o looking up...

fyi, wayne's SO is now handout appointments for mid Feb for processing CHP/CCWs from classes conducted 10 days ago...

solus

well holiday spirit finally consumed me (truth be told my partner told me to get some jewelry repaired)
so i went into Barnes jewelry next to mall/firestone OC'g HK full sized 9, and the place was packed...staff didn't plink, tho a couple of customers shied away from my location in the store...

chatted with owner and several employees and none of the staff seemed concerned whatsoever...

bottom line...they now will have all my jewelry business as they were also quite efficient in sizing the necklace i needed....and other goods my partner deserves/desires...

bc.cruiser

Some amusement while grocery shopping at Walmart today: A young black man was there with his 5 children. The two young boys asked
Is that a real gun? Yes.
Do you have bullets? Yes
Are you a policeman? No
Are you going to shoot someone? I hope not.
Why do you have it? So I can shoot back.

After a few moments I went on and in another aisle met an older black man OCing a Springfield 9mm. We talked for a moment and then I told him about the kids. I suggested he go talk to them to let them see a black man carrying a gun. He later thanked me and told me he had fun talking to the kids.

Lowe's, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, and Food Lion were non-events.

Merry Christmas!