• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NCCDL Forming

Dreamer

imported post

Well, metaphorically...

Our "hornets nest" today consists of email, telephone calls, and OC events. :celebrate

Not quite the same sort of thing that was going on with Cornwallis. And I think we all pray it never comes to that...

Eugene

imported post

I just read all 7 pages of this thread.

Looks like we have about 3-5 persons showing up.

Correct?

If that is the case we need to know what to ask......................

Suggestions for questions......

Lawmaker

imported post

Good point. I say that we find out who is going and make a list of questions. Especially since Dreamer isn't going. He has a bunch of good questions that he needs to pass onto someone.

So if you are going confirm now.

If you have questions post them.

Mrs. Eugene

imported post

I'm a paralegal with a firm in High Point. I have a meeting tomorrow with one of our corporate attorneys to ask about different types of non-profit groups/associations/corporations and what steps and what cost is involved in doing so. I will bring all information with me to the meeting Saturday.

Does anyone have an idea of how the group should be organized? If so, I will gather more information relative to that idea than others.

Just let me know.

Thank you.

Dreamer

imported post

OK, here are a few questions I can think of. It sounds like other people have the legal and organizational side thought out, so I'll deal with more "strategic" and "political" issues...

1. What is the most effective way to contact State representatives (email, phone, in person) and how often should it be done, to build a rapport?
  2. What is the most effective way to contact Federal representatives (email, phone, in person) and how often should it be done, to build a rapport?
  3. How can we build a favorable relationship with local media outlets (newspapers, TV, radio)?
  4. What is the best strategy for local (municipality, county) activism, and changing bad local ordinances?
  5. How can we build strong relationships with corporate sponsors (gun shops, ranges, manufacturers, etc)?
  6. How should we deal with the potential of media contact at large OC events like picnics and meetups? Should there be a "media contact" person designated for each large event?
  7. How can we influence committee chairs in our General Assembly to not "desk-drawer veto" bills that are favorable to 2A Rights?
  8. How can we influence the Governor to act more favorably for 2A rights (besides voting her out in 2012--we're stuck with her for 2 more years...)?
  9. How can we help support pro-2A groups on college campuses like SCCC? How can we work with them to bolster our group as well?
  10. How can we develop community outreach projects (litter pickups, food drives, etc)?
If I come up with any other ideas this afternoon, I'll post them before the event tomorrow night. Good luck guys! Hopefully we'll have a good turnout. I'm sorry I can't make it, but family comes first...

hotrod08

imported post

I was hoping to make it but I am out of town this weekend :(
Maybe I can make it to the next meet.

AZhighcountry

imported post

I see this thread has been slow for a while, I just recently started going thru the forum since I'm about to have to move to NC with a job. Sounds like you guys are on the right track. I would also suggest contacting AZCDL for ideas/suggestions particularly in regard to the questions posted by Dreamer above. They have been instrumental here in getting some great legislation passed, including a recent 'Constitutional Carry' law under which we are no longer required to have a permit if we want to carry concealed. Permits are still offered if you want one, for those who travel to other states for example. I'm sure the guys would be glad to help with getting something organized and offering some tips for strategies, etc.