• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NE accepting other state CCW permits

captainamerica

imported post

I just got a copy of the letter announcing CCW acceptance of other state permits. Too many to list. But MO is one of them!!!!!!!!!!

scorpioajr

imported post

Yooper wrote:
WooooHoooo....one more state I can carry in on my way to Colorado. Now..if we can get IA and WI to change their laws, I'd be a happy man.
Wow this IS great!
I was planning a trip to IA from UT here is a month or so and didn't want to DRIVE AROUND an entire state of Nebraska to get there, this is awesome for sure.

And yes, +1 on hoping IA becomes better at CWP permit acceptance, geez.

MatieA

imported post

I have to ask.....

Why does everyone worry so much about carrying in Ne, I keep reading posts from ppl who say that they drive around Ne on their trips. I have been open carrying in Ne for a few months now, and had a conversation with a store manager once about it but no problems. I am very happy my CCW is valid in Ne especially since I mostly ride a motorcycle around, and have always been worried that it would rain and then I'd have to put on my rain gear which would conceal my pistol and now I do not have to worry about that.

I have open carried in Kimball, and Sydney, and along hwy 30 to get to Sydney, and also in the Flying J in N. Platte, and Gretna with no problems.

Yooper

imported post

MatieA wrote:
I have to ask.....

Why does everyone worry so much about carrying in Ne, I keep reading posts from ppl who say that they drive around Ne on their trips. I have been open carrying in Ne for a few months now, and had a conversation with a store manager once about it but no problems. I am very happy my CCW is valid in Ne especially since I mostly ride a motorcycle around, and have always been worried that it would rain and then I'd have to put on my rain gear which would conceal my pistol and now I do not have to worry about that.

I have open carried in Kimball, and Sydney, and along hwy 30 to get to Sydney, and also in the Flying J in N. Platte, and Gretna with no problems.
As far as I know, it's not legal to carry a loaded firearm in you car without a license.
Why would we patronize a state that we don't have to if they don't respect our rights to protect ourselves?

Flyer22

imported post

MatieA wrote:
I have to ask.....

Why does everyone worry so much about carrying in Ne, I keep reading posts from ppl who say that they drive around Ne on their trips.
You had to ask. . . . :D

Mainly because Nebraska has been the "odd man out" in the region for some time. Most states in the western GreatPlains and Rocky Mountains have recognized most other states' permits in the region--except for Nebraska, which is about 10 years late coming to the party.

rpyne

imported post

MatieA wrote:
I have to ask.....

Why does everyone worry so much about carrying in Ne, I keep reading posts from ppl who say that they drive around Ne on their trips.
Actually, just as important in the updated law is the strengthened statewide preemption and car carry changes. Prior to this many towns and cities had their own restrictions and many outright banned firearms within the city limits.

Prior to these law changes, there was no way to definitively know where you could and couldn't carry without reading and understanding the local ordinances of every village, town and city. Now you only have to know the state law.

Nebraska still has a whole bunch of restrictions that could get you in trouble, but this is a good step in the right direction.

hotstud737

imported post

In nebraska Can I walk aroung with my glock 26 in my holster in plain view ? In arizona I can. ? Pleaae reply

hotstud737

imported post

Can I walk around in nebraska with my glock 26 in my holster in plain view? In arizona I can. Thanks

rpyne

imported post

MatieA wrote:
Yay!! Now I can wear a jacket in Nebraska without having to be careful it does not cover my pistol!!
Just don't get caught in a school zone. Your firearm will be confiscated and destroyed (28-1204.04(3)). Read 28-1204.04 carefully for the Nebraska definition of a school zone.