• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

MKEgal

you're safe in public, right? no need to fear in a grocery store parking lot...

Same attack, slightly different reports.

This includes a video sement.

This just a newspaper article. (With comments... hint, hint.)

A 'man' beat his wife nearly to death (she may still die) in a grocery store parking lot in Racine, in front of their 2 kids, because they disagreed about where to shop.

Bystanders ran him off; police found him in IL.
What if, instead of simply running him off, the bystanders had stopped him?
Less than $2 in ammunition could keep him from harming anyone, ever again, & save the state a lot of money (housing, feeding, prosecuting).

Last edited:

MKEgal

anyone we know?

Teen shot in attempted robbery at car wash
An 18-year-old man was arrested Wednesday after he was shot during an attempted robbery at a north side carwash.

The shooting was reported shortly after 3 pm at 3713 N. 11th St., police said.

The teen was shot several times by an unknown customer of the carwash and was taken to the hospital by unknown individuals.

Police said they were seeking interviews with the customer who shot the teen, as well as the people who drove the teen to the hospital.
So it sounds like the person being robbed fought back, & the robber got his just desserts.
Will be interested in reading more.
Wonder about hanging around the carwash w/ WI Carry pamphlets... :eek:

Last edited:

XDFDE45

Woman captures attacker's image on cell phone

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_rape_cell_phone_image

It would have been better if she had a means of self defense instead of a camera. Now she has to live with the shame of being violated by this disgusting piece of garbage.
securedownload4-1.jpg

MKEgal

protias said:
Woman captures attacker's image on cell phone
It would have been better if she had a means of self defense instead of a camera.
Now she has to live with the shame of being violated by this disgusting piece of garbage.
Shame? No. She did nothing wrong.
Revulsion? Certainly.
Self-doubt, insecurity, lack of trust? Yep.
BTDT, got the baby. Still recovering. 13 years later, still recovering.

MKEgal

but there's not a double standard...

People shouldn't be allowed to protect themselves in a bar... or after leaving.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/123711894.html
A 26-year-old man is in critical condition after a Milwaukee police detective shot him Saturday night while responding to a bar disturbance, police said.
... Police said the detective intervened among disorderly patrons...
"During the encounter that ensued, the detective became fearful for her safety and discharged her firearm, striking one of the suspects," police spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz said in a news release.
... Schwartz said the suspect has a criminal arrest history that involves battery.
... The detective was placed on administrative duty pending the completion of the investigation.
The district attorney will make the final determination in the incident.

1) The criminal history of the alleged assailant is immaterial, unless that detective had previously arrested him & knew of his violent tendencies.

2) Do you think any of us would be back on the job, even on light duty, if it had been us doing the shooting? Of course not. We have the example of Jesus (who was held in jail for how long, then posted an outrageous bond) to show us what will happen to us. We need Castle Doctrine & Stand Your Ground.

3) We have to be in fear for our lives, but police can shoot if they're only in fear for their safety.

MKEgal

Milwaukee is such a safe place...

This update came on FB from my son's adoptive mom, the one who insisted that there's no reason for me to carry:
Assaulted on my front porch this evening. Pressing charges, if they can find them.
Two black eyes, a broken nose, assorted lacerations, and an impacted molar? as well as bumps and bruises.
I look pretty scary, and will not be at [friend] tomorrow- he's keeping [son] and the dog for me though.
After the gas guy has been here tomorrow morning to replace the meter, and re-light the water heater, I'm going to be looking for a place to crash while [husband] is out of town.
They live near 60 & Center in Milwaukee.
I'm kinda sorry she's hurt, mostly because I know our son will be upset about it, but it was her choice not to protect herself.
I don't think this will change her view about self-protection, though.

ETA:
Apparently some "kids" (not sure how many) were throwing rocks at the dog, she told them off, they attacked her.
I very correctly & neutrally posted to her wall that I was sorry she was hurt & hoped the police catch the attackers.
Really really really want to be young enough to do the "I told you so" thing, but that's not going to happen.

Last edited: