• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Registration For MMJ?

91 whiskey

Shouldn't matter at all as far as I'm concerned. It's all about possibilities. In their eyes someone that smokes pot could potentially make a mistake or experience a bout of bad judgment therefore they should not have access to firearms. Uhhh....... What about all the booze that's out there freely available to any one over 21? No potential there at all!

budlight

Shouldn't matter at all as far as I'm concerned. It's all about possibilities. In their eyes someone that smokes pot could potentially make a mistake or experience a bout of bad judgment therefore they should not have access to firearms. Uhhh....... What about all the booze that's out there freely available to any one over 21? No potential there at all!

The pot laws are abused in this state. I voted YES on the law to allow people as a last resort to get some help for their severe ailment. The law has become a joke, just about anyone with some ALLEGED ailment can now get a Medical Marijuana Card. There are all kinds of "Certification Centers" popping up that grant licenses to people who have no more issues then the every day person. Due to all the abuse by this law, unless we recognize this as legal for EVERYONE, I do not support it for a CPL or a permit to purchase. As a side note, I don’t support carrying under the influence of ANY substance legal or illegal! Lastly, since this has been coming up on the news, I FULLY support drug testing for welfare recipients.

Last edited:

Augustin

Didn't the ATF determine (yes the same ATF that recently violated a federal restraining order), that having a MMJ card is essentially admitting that a person is a user of prohibited drugs, and thus unlawful to posses a firearm? I'm sure Waterford would use that as their reasoning for asking the question...

Right. There is another thread running about this topic.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...et-and-Rx-for-marijuana-lose-your-guns-rights

This was a big story in September 2011 when the ATF sent out a letter to all FFL dealers, but MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT THE ISSUE IS STILL UNDECIDED AND IS CURRENTLY WORKING ITS WAY THROUGH THE COURT SYSTEM.

22Luke36

WTF is wrong with you?

The pot laws are abused in this state. I voted YES on the law to allow people as a last resort to get some help for their severe ailment. The law has become a joke, just about anyone with some ALLEGED ailment can now get a Medical Marijuana Card. There are all kinds of "Certification Centers" popping up that grant licenses to people who have no more issues then the every day person. Due to all the abuse by this law, unless we recognize this as legal for EVERYONE, I do not support it for a CPL or a permit to purchase. As a side note, I don’t support carrying under the influence of ANY substance legal or illegal! Lastly, since this has been coming up on the news, I FULLY support drug testing for welfare recipients.

Seriously dude, who the he!! do you think you are inferring that I might have to "prove" that I need a reason to carry a ...scratch that, take something for pain or anxiety, or any number of ailments that don't have to be approved by some vermin in a Lansing monkey suit!

What is screwed up is the whole law itself. They wrote it to be screwed up, hoping that it would fail, or hoping even better, that it would fail ta the ballot so they could claim that the people did not want medical marijuana in Michigan.

It's not up to YOU to support MY right to do anything. Whether it be to defend myself, or get back to sleep after being woken by pain at 3 am. That's what makes it a right. Hands off!

Jerk.

Eve the justices know it's screwed up. http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/252460521.html

Last edited:

Raggs

Seriously dude, who the he!! do you think you are inferring that I might have to "prove" that I need a reason to carry a ...scratch that, take something for pain or anxiety, or any number of ailments that don't have to be approved by some vermin in a Lansing monkey suit!

What is screwed up is the whole law itself. They wrote it to be screwed up, hoping that it would fail, or hoping even better, that it would fail ta the ballot so they could claim that the people did not want medical marijuana in Michigan.

It's not up to YOU to support MY right to do anything. Whether it be to defend myself, or get back to sleep after being woken by pain at 3 am. That's what makes it a right. Hands off!

Jerk.

Eve the justices know it's screwed up. http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/252460521.html

I don't see why you are so angry at budlight. The law was sold as a way for people with legitimate medical reasons to be able to get / use marijuana. I agree the system as it is now is being abused by people. He never claimed you were abusing it. And I also agree that someone under the influence of a drug should not be carrying a firearm.

22Luke36

I don't see why you are so angry at budlight. The law was sold as a way for people with legitimate medical reasons to be able to get / use marijuana. I agree the system as it is now is being abused by people. He never claimed you were abusing it. And I also agree that someone under the influence of a drug should not be carrying a firearm.

Fair question sir. From being blamed for the problem. He was upset because he feels the medical marijuana laws have been abused. That would be fine, except that they were written to fail. To fail in the eyes of people like him, to fail in the eyes of law enforcement, and to fail in the eyes of the marijuana supporting community. The only success in the medical marijuana law, is in its failure. That's what happens apparently, when the people forced a law down the legislatures throats through our right to petition and then vote. The people in Lansing have been making a joke of it ever since. Consider the recent COA decision that the resins and extracts from the plant weren't acceptable as medicine. That IS THE MEDICINE, or the part that gets you high for recreational use. The plant is just a byproduct. It's amazing really how badly they can get things screwed up.

I guess the anger comes from 70 years of of being treated the way we were. Otherwise I thought I explained why I was irritated. I shouldn't have to justify to anyone why I want to smoke a dried up flower. Especially if it is making my life better, while not affecting others.

But it does affect me you say.

No but the prohibition of it, and the ramifications of that prohibition certainly do.

Last edited:

TheQ

Just legalize pot completely. That makes it simple. Fully legalized and unregulated (at least no more regulated than growing corn or tomatoes).

FreeInAZ

Just legalize pot completely. That makes it simple. Fully legalized and unregulated (at least no more regulated than growing corn or tomatoes).

I have to agree. Treat it like alcohol. Many of our problems in this country come from our inability to learn & remember history. Can you say prohibition? There was a silly idea, and it created kingpins and lots of g-men jobs...wait, maybe that's the point :confused:

We have to look at costs vs benefits. I don't do drugs...I simply don't want to..just me. If a grown adult wants to ingest a plant or smoke it to escape pain, it's their choice IMHO. Let's look at carrying a pistol for protection - some states have an allowance for alcohol in their carry laws. See NV. They are smart enough to realize that if John/Jane Q public has ( a) beer after work they are responsible enough to know if they should carry or not. Now God forbid, if they should have to defend their life, but if they did they are not automatically a criminal as they would be in MI. A point .002 blood alcohol content is a ridiculous limit IMHO.

Hell, someone could take some cough medicine before bed for a cold/flu- wake up hours later to a home invasion - use their firearm to protect their family and still face charges at .002! It goes to the nanny state mentality many of our legislatures have. They are all knowing and we serfs- are too dim to not be a danger to society. They make these stupid laws as job security, knowing full well should they break them, they will be exempt from them, usually. :rolleyes:

Last edited: