• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOVA Picnic

IanB

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Somebody just posted pictures from the Vienna dinner tonight.

I expect to see the same from this picnic. OK? :lol:
We'll be right on that, HankT.

bohdi

imported post

bohdi's clan is down and looking forward to this day. It's going to be a busy one for us as the middle child is having the rugrat 3rd birthday party same day. We may end up being late arrivals due to naps, small chance we may not show depending on how late the event runs. Last year I remember us being there till almost dark. Looking forward to another good time and I'll be more pre-pared this year, but probably miss out on the early fun, lol.

Harper1227

imported post

bohdi wrote:
<SNIP> We may end up being late arrivals due to naps, small chance we may not show depending on how late the event runs. Last year I remember us being there till almost dark. Looking forward to another good time and I'll be more pre-pared this year, but probably miss out on the early fun, lol.
Wanted to ask how late you guys stay. Hubby and I will be on the road back from Ohio that day. if we leave early wecan probablymake it by 2. I don't think we'll be able to bring anything since we'll be late but I can contribute cash when we get there.

bohdi

imported post

Depends on where it's at. Last year we held out till it was dusk approaching dark. Let me put it this way, bats were flying and you could still make them out with what light was left.

Sheriff

imported post

bohdi wrote:
Depends on where it's at. Last year we held out till it was dusk approaching dark. Let me put it this way, bats were flying and you could still make them out with what light was left.
You sure it wasn't black helicopters? :lol:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bohdi wrote:
At Burke Lake, we left by about 3:30 or so.
At Bull Run there were some folks there well past the witching hour (as evidenced by the bats <grin>).

Tomahawk

imported post

I seem to recall meeting at Burke Lake one other time after a Chantilly gun show, Tess was there, as was LEO229 and VAopencarry. Maybe Bohdi was there too? Or was this somewhere other than Burke Lake? I remember standing there by the parked vehicles BS'ing with some of you until it was so dark the park truck came by to pick up the trach bags with his headlights on.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I seem to recall meeting at Burke Lake one other time after a Chantilly gun show, Tess was there, as was LEO229 and VAopencarry. Maybe Bohdi was there too? Or was this somewhere other than Burke Lake? I remember standing there by the parked vehicles BS'ing with some of you until it was so dark the park truck came by to pick up the trach bags with his headlights on.
I think that was Bull Run.

nova

imported post

Tess wrote:
They want to see a driver's license, a utility bill, a lease, etc. - anything that definitively shows you're a Fairfax County resident.
Thanks for letting me know! I've been wondering this eversince they stopped the windshield stickers.

bohdi

imported post

Tess wrote:
bohdi wrote:
At Burke Lake, we left by about 3:30 or so.
At Bull Run there were some folks there well past the witching hour (as evidenced by the bats <grin>;).
Ah that is right. Burke lake we called it early due to the mechanical bats, lol.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

I like to cook out and eat out :)

A couple of things..

1. I have not RSVP'ed yet because I am not sure I can make it 100% yet.. but I an now planning on going.

2. I did not see anywhere posted the time(s) from when to when)

3. The who's bringing what list still looks a little shy..

4. Is there a firm number of RSVP's or was there an evite so if I do bring food I know how many to bring for?

Thanks,

Ed

IanB

imported post

I'll be there.

Bringing charcoal (you can scratch the lighter fluid too), camcorder, 1 chair (for myself ;)), 12 pack of reg coke, 12 pack of diet.

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
I like to cook out and eat out :)

A couple of things..

1. I have not RSVP'ed yet because I am not sure I can make it 100% yet.. but I an now planning on going.

2. I did not see anywhere posted the time(s) from when to when)

3. The who's bringing what list still looks a little shy..

4. Is there a firm number of RSVP's or was there an evite so if I do bring food I know how many to bring for?

Thanks,

Ed

Good questions! :)

I'm bringing afew packsof paper plates (depending on how many) and one or two cases of bottled water.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

OK updated the supplies list, still a lot of blanks.
So far I have firm commitments from
Nakedshoplifter, LEO229, Nova, Nelson Muntz, longwatch

A lot of people have said they were interested or were maybes but have not messaged me. So please do so we can have an idea of how much food to bring and how big a site to get.

Also I plan to get there at like 10:30 so we can have the grill going and be ready to eat at noon. I can bring charcoal myself if naked cant get there by then.

VAopencarry

imported post

I'm in

Charcoal - Naked
Lighter Fluid -
Naked
Plates
- nova
Cups- LEO 229
Napkins- LEO 229
Plastic forks knives and spoons - LEO 229
Table cloth
Hamburgers
Cheese
Hot Dogs
Rolls/buns
Lettuce, Tomato, Onion
Chips
Tin Foil Corn
20 bowls of potato salad
Baked beans
Water
- nova
Soda - Naked -1 case
Coffee / coffee pot?
ketchup -
VAOC
mustard -
VAOC
relish -
VAOC
Camcorder
other food?
other gear?
cheesecake
Cookies/Cupcakes for kids
ICE...
Chairs

I'll pitch in some $$ for some other stuff, I just can't bring it as I will most likely be coming on 2 wheels.