• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

November 1 Breakfast location...!

BROKENSPROKET

To be perfectly clear for anyone not dropping off applications with us on Nov 1.

Applications will be accepted by Cindy and only Cindy personally at the DOJ office in the Capitol. No Cindy in the office? You will have to mail it.

So, what is Cindy going to do with them? At the end of the day, she would have to deliver them to the DOJ office in the Risser Building.

M

McX

last i heard the permit fee is going to be $50 (?), that would be like 5 billion obama bucks right?

i wonder if we will have to enclose a self addressed stamped envelope with the app.

oliverclotheshoff

here is more confirmation from different website the site owner spoke with peggy and she said apps could be dropped off at the doj in the capitol as well

E6chevron

Do we actually know this? The mailing address is a PO Box. Who knows for sure where they are actually going to be opened/processed.

Quite right, paul

They could go to a lockbox processor to strip out the check/money order and get it deposited. Possibly scan the rest, for processing, wherever.

You'll need a $50 check or money order payable to "Department of Justice", you could get that from the Post Office.

I'll have a photocopy of my Utah CCW permit and the affirmation form (on the DOJ website now), and the Wisconsin CCW application.

It is likely the DOJ will use the DMV/DOT as a subcontractor to physically produce the license, they are shifting to a California vendor for driver/id licenses already, so not only won't the license be made around here, they sure aren't going to match it up with a self-addressed stamped return envelope.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Do we actually know this? The mailing address is a PO Box. Who knows for sure where they are actually going to be opened/processed.

If all she is going to do is put them in the mail for us, then what is the point.

I imagine that applications dropped off with Cindy would be couried over to the DOJ office in the Risser Building. With all the state buildings around the capital, using the USPS for inter-departmental correspondance would be very inneffiecent. Not to mention, state employee unions would want those jobs (not Fed. jobs)

I want confirmation that she is on our side and that they will not sit in her office for two weeks or even get lost before I commit to coming down.

Outdoorsman1

If all she is going to do is put them in the mail for us, then what is the point.
I imagine that applications dropped off with Cindy would be couried over to the DOJ office in the Risser Building. With all the state buildings around the capital, using the USPS for inter-departmental correspondance would be very inneffiecent. Not to mention, state employee unions would want those jobs (not Fed. jobs)

I want confirmation that she is on our side and that they will not sit in her office for two weeks or even get lost before I commit to coming down.

Ding Ding Ding.... We have a winner.... ^^^^^^

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

E6chevron

Ill go in there...schmooze her...throw her a few compliments...maybe take her some flowers...we'll walk outta with permits-in-hand...! :lol:

Your charm might backfire!

What if she expedites your background check and finds out about your neighbors barbecue grill, that blew up right about the time you were experimenting with making your own gunpowder?

Don't worry, statute of limitations, contaminated forensics, etc.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Ill go in there...schmooze her...throw her a few compliments...maybe take her some flowers...we'll walk outta with permits-in-hand...! :lol:

Ahhhhhhhh. YES.... GREAT IDEA... Glad you thought of it....

Before you arrive, I will do the same (except the flowers), and walk out not only with permit in hand but also with Cindy on my arm....

Just sayin....

Outdoorsman1

I am still waiting until the last day (before Nov. 1) to make the final decision to go or not to go... that is the question...

Last edited:

GlockRDH

Ahhhhhhhh. YES.... GREAT IDEA... Glad you thought of it....

Before you arrive, I will do the same (except the flowers), and walk out not only with permit in hand but also with Cindy on my arm....

Just sayin....

Outdoorsman1

I am still waiting until the last day (before Nov. 1) to make the final decision to go or not to go... that is the question...

...will have to see how that goes...i may have to flip you for her! :)

HandyHamlet

bump

It's getting close to that time Gentlemen.

I'm still in. I'll be there the night before.

Are we still meeting early in the am before printing out applications and heading over to the Capitol?

Do we have a final count?

Last edited: