• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Bill SB680 progress

lincomores

I respect you for having served.

Whining is a protected right, you are quite welcome to do it. I fully support your right to whine about me not being particularly nice to you, just don't expect it to be called anything other than what it is sir.

You demonstrate my point quite clearly...**** * ****

Festus_Hagen

My personal experience here, as a newbie, ended almost as quickly as it began.
Why? Attitude. Though it was the attitude of basically one individual...I felt that it must be indicative of the whole.
The very thought that someone else might effect change or resolution outside of this group was absurd and he was going to ensure that I knew that.

I am sorry to say that I am reading this same attitude in some of these posts.
I come here occasionally to see if anything relevant has transpired.
I too, felt (and expressed) that I thought the "Meet n' Greet, photo op, you tube" experience was more a display of self promotion and opportunity for sensationalism (though I understand the aspect of comradery).
For that opinion, I was belittled, insulted, and berated.

I am satisfied with just coming on every once in a while as I have been, but could not help but to comment on this discourse.
People with differing opinions and perspectives are not a threat, but are an asset.
I'm sorry to see this type of conversation even occurring in the context of "Freedoms and Liberties"...telling others to shun someone of differing opinion? Really? Shameful.

~lincomores

What you just said in that post .... that was me a year ago. I was just like you. I too do not like the Starbucks deal, and I don't like the Youtube videos either. I made myself clear on that. I had some dealings with LMTD, Doc, and MSPGunner as well. Guess what ? I met with Rich (LMTD) , we had a dinner and discussion with another member and talked about my stance as well as Rich's stance. We talked face to face, man style, and worked it out. I now have a better understanding of things that are happening behind the scenes. That is how we talk now, not on an open forum, at least about real things.

Did I get brainwashed and come around to like the pics, videos and stuff ? No. But I have a better understanding and do not come on here and bash them anymore. Bad words can do a lot of harm, even if not intended . People are watching us. All of us, and what we say and do. Try to put yourself in a good light, get involved behind the scenes ( the forums aren't it ) , and do what you can to promote awareness.

Peace out . :)

lincomores

What you just said in that post .... that was me a year ago. I was just like you. I too do not like the Starbucks deal, and I don't like the Youtube videos either. I made myself clear on that. I had some dealings with LMTD, Doc, and MSPGunner as well. Guess what ? I met with Rich (LMTD) , we had a dinner and discussion with another member and talked about my stance as well as Rich's stance. We talked face to face, man style, and worked it out. I now have a better understanding of things that are happening behind the scenes. That is how we talk now, not on an open forum, at least about real things.

Did I get brainwashed and come around to like the pics, videos and stuff ? No. But I have a better understanding and do not come on here and bash them anymore. Bad words can do a lot of harm, even if not intended . People are watching us. All of us, and what we say and do. Try to put yourself in a good light, get involved behind the scenes ( the forums aren't it ) , and do what you can to promote awareness.

Peace out . :)

I appreciate your comment.
I have no desire to meet lmtd.
He isn't my type of person.
But your statement (emphasized) was exactly moneymakers point.
I'm glad you recognize this.

As I've told lmtd, I am certain that you all are a good bunch of folks.
I hold nothing against you.
I just do my thing.
I think my way.
And it clashes with, what appears to be, the style of most of you.
I have nothing against that.
I just don't associate with folks that, from the onset, are more or less like lmtd.
I'm not interested in investing my time.

The entire point was as I just mentioned.
Telling others to shun someone for a difference of opinion, or flat out telling them they aren't a "real" part of the cause and then calling it whining...well, I've made my point.

~I have no need to exercise my rights...I simply live them~
take care...I'll leave you all alone again

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
1. As I've told lmtd, I am certain that you all are a good bunch of folks.

2. I just don't associate with folks that, from the onset, are more or less like lmtd.

3. Telling others to shun someone for a difference of opinion, or flat out telling them they aren't a "real" part of the cause and then calling it whining...well, I've made my point.

~I have no need to exercise my rights...I simply live them~
take care...I'll leave you all alone again

Numbers for clarity only.

1. He has indeed said as much.

2. LOL, we will have to agree to disagree on this one, I do not find many folks ever are "more or less like" me at all and assure you, none in the group are remotely close, most of them are MUCH MUCH nicer people. I have never claimed to be warm and fuzzy at any level, in fact quite the opposite.

3. I used the term "whining" and indeed it was aimed at your comments, not moneymaker or whatever his nick is sir. You called out a disagreement we had last year as the reason you do not seek to participate. You may not call it whining that you come back only to say the only reason is a disagreement you had with me last year, I do, its that simple.

I am not sure what you are talking about when you reference "real" but absence of clarity is not something new to your post, it is your path to redirection.

SB680 is a good bill, I doubt your distaste for my company drives you from that thought as well, but it might, you do seem to hold on to personal stuff so who knows how it impacts your position.

lincomores

I'm perfectly clear. Clarity of thought is an inherent quality of mine.

This post wasn't about you specifically.
It was about the treatment moneymaker received.
Apparently, you're having some difficulty picking up on that.
His post resonated with me and I commented...that is what public forums are all about.

The bill is worth working for and towards, but there are always unforeseen elements that may arise.
From what I gathered, that is all he was contributing...and a worthwhile contribution.
Instead of, "hmmm...good point, something to consider", or, "I understand what you are saying but I disagree..."
He was told he wasn't committed to the 2a and should be shunned.

That feeling he experienced...resonated with me and I shared it.
Arrogance always thinks, "It's about me" first.
It isn't...it wasn't...it was about an "experience."

You all take care...I have a work week to prepare for.

Tony4310

This is one reason i would never want to meet and greet alot of you,A bunch of self promoting glory mongers.Sure is sad you cant man up and admitt your faults,I will be sure to add this to my next round of emails to the Politicians to look at this forum and see if it is really a bill they wanna work on seeing the community forum that supports it dont support its members or can have a rational discussion without the forum leaders calling everyone MORONS and telling folks to SHUN them because they dont agree on certain issues!!!!!

No offense, but you know none of us and you seem a little whinny ( no, i didn't call you whinny ) or at least you are coming across that way. Many of us have done more for OC than you, so until you get to know us. Start reading more and learn something.

Last edited:

Tony4310

For some, this is what I'd call the full display of X XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX. Sort of: Look, here's my gun, I'm a big tough man now. Or: I'm not scared of anything, I've got my gun right here...do you see it? A quality holster with at least two good retention devices for open carry and the TRAINING to retain that firearm from an individual standpoint to help attempt to or defeat the determined attempt at th gun-grab if, God forbid should it ever happen. The question I always have is how many of the folks that attend those actually know what firearm retention actually is and have such a skill set in practice. I expect many of them will claim it's a part of the holster and would pee themselves if someone actually came up and grabbed their firearm. I know of at least one in my area that would do just that because his spacial awareness and his mouth often get him into trouble with others.

Since you jack-wagons want to mount an attack on a newbie, I have a question for you. Where were your phone calls when a particular radio show started covering pros and cons of OC and CCW last year? Oh that's right, not a single phone call from any of you occurred and I can guarantee that because I was in attendance of that show on both airings. Some had even received a direct invite to call the show because their opinion was valued. Well no more. It's clear that your intent is to divide the cause rather than bring it together as one.

So I'll stress the point of the thread.

Support the bill folks. It needs to pass. Write your lawmakers and ask that this be supported and write Senator Nieves to thank him for submitting such a bill. If you see potential conflicts or issues that might stir as a result of this bill make sure to let the Senator know what you're thinking. You never know when you'll hit on something that turns on a light bulb with any of them.

I sent my thoughts to my politicians as well as Senator Nieves. I hope they are well received. He has my support on this bill.

* shakes head in disbelief * I would say something, but i'll be an adult and keeps my thoughts to myself on your silly post. You just don't get it and probably never will. I feel sorry for you honestly.

moneymaker

No offense, but you know none of us and you seem a little whinny ( no, i didn't call you whinny ) or at least you are coming across that way. Many of us have done more for OC than you, so until you get to know us. Start reading more and learn something.

see thats my point,You have no clue who i am or what i have done and still you wish to resort to agreeing with the others,Why North county is about a 30 minute driver for me and i am up that way atleast twice a week,Would you care to meet for lunch and discuss why i feel these photo ops and youtube videos are pointless??????????

I feel sorry for you. Do you still work for Canovi?

Thanks for supporting SB680.

I do believe he has reverted back to the old Dorkfish ways. Wonder if he still takes his bullhorn to Andy Dalton range at Bois D'Arc and screams into it with the spittle flying like a rabid dog?

Tony4310

see thats my point,You have no clue who i am or what i have done and still you wish to resort to agreeing with the others,Why North county is about a 30 minute driver for me and i am up that way atleast twice a week,Would you care to meet for lunch and discuss why i feel these photo ops and youtube videos are pointless??????????

I'd be more than happy to meet up with you for lunch. I'm all for giving you the chance to prove my thoughts about you wrong.

Taking photo's while openly carrying is no different than taking pictures of your firearms or while at the firing range. Taking photo's and video shows the public how brainwashed they've become by politicians and law enforcement ( not all LEO's ) about the carrying of firearms. It shows them not to be afraid to use and exercise their rights. No one is doing this for glory or bragging rights. It's about getting rights back that most of America has seemed to lost site of. Sometimes it takes a few to educate the many!

sohighlyunlikely

So if it wasn't for the high profile work that had been done by the people who did the Starbucks video and other OC activities. How did OC come to be such a hot topic here in Missouri? I don't think you are seeing the chain of events. If this had not been brought to the public eye I would surely doubt we would even have bills in committee to br talking about.

Doc

OC for ME

I do not agree that OC is a 'hot topic' here in MO. OC is not a 'water cooler' topic of discussion, except for those who carry. A small audience to be sure....a smaller audience on-line....and a even smaller audience when you count only the MO citizens....then even more smaller-er when you count only Missouri citizens on-line.

The vast majority of law abiding folks would not OC even if we get back to where Art. I Sec. 23 was meant for us to be. It's just not on their radar.

Most folks who keep a firearm in the house do not carry on a regular basis, if they carry at all, even after getting their CCW permit.

But all of this is not the point.

Even if not one law abiding Missouri citizen exercised their right to self-defense, ever, outside their home, their right must not be infringed....ever. The citizenry must have the right to choose for themselves and not have the state choose for them.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I'm NOT sure how often I would actually open carry but I DO KNOW I WANT THE RIGHT!

Sir, I offer you have "the right" and it has simply been infringed in such a manner that you do not have "the choice" as it is not likely that you can afford to fight the government who has indeed infringed upon your inherant rights without regard for the founding documents designed to limit that government from doing so.

In so many ways this is about limiting government it is not even funny.