• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CC AR15 pistols in Michigan

alphamale

Mine was a stripped Lower (Spikes Tactical) and I built from there.

80% does not require registration as a rifle. But I think would require for a pistol to meet the Pistol laws. here. (guessing)

The local Sheriff dept was great on this. See my other post just made before this.

Hello mate, several questions.
Firstly, you said, "You built...." an AR15. Now did you lego it together with a lower you got from an FFL or did you cut your own 80% lower?
The reasoning is this..a lower from a dealer(FFL) would have a serial number and would be "in the system". An 80% may not have any markings at all.

Next q is registration. We do not do that here, what is needed to stay within the law?