• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC picnic in Spokane - 8/4

Phssthpok

I'll be honest...while I tend to shy away from the lime light I was kind of hoping that the reporters would interact with more people.

I really wanted to point out that our presence there was in direct reaction to one of our members getting arrested* in that very park, point out that such action was a CRIME, cite the laws, segue into the Seattle parks ban which was well reported by many news agencies to be deemed unlawful from the outset by the State's AG, and ask why there no charges being brought against the officer(s) involved nor (former) mayor Nichols for their deliberate and blatant criminal violations of state and (now with 2a incorporation) FEDERAL law.

Doubt it would have made the editors cut, but with any luck I might have sparked the interest of an investigative type reporter.

*Handcuffed = Arrested, even if you are not processed/'booked'.

Last edited:

TheJeepster

I watched the video last night and just watched it again after reading your post and didn't see what you see. I thought it was a pretty straight forward piece of reporting and did a pretty good job of explaining why the people were in attendance. I didn't see any anti-gun bias and thought they did a good job of explaining why it was legal to be there carrying and what Spokane needs to do to get in line.

It's not what they actually said, it was the message implied from the get go with voice inflection of the commentators to the "Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and Handguns" tag line to the body language of the reporter. It was like a crime scene based on the actions of the on scene reporter "shock...aghast" people with guns "look how serious I am being".

I'm not trying to pick it apart. It's just real obvious to me. Just know that the average viewer in their audience is going to take the verbal clues very strong.

Media tricks and sensationaliztion. "How to sell more ads 101"

Jeff Hayes

The more picnics, coffee meet ups, lunches etc we have the less problems we will have with law enforcement + its fun to get to know each other.

Oncew agin I want to thank the people that helped put this on

BobR

SnarlyWino & the BBQ crew

Spokane Gun Trader

And the kids from the wet side that came al the way over here for a 4 hour picnic.

Orphan

Squeak

I'm sorry if I took this meet in the wrong light. I thought I was attending a 'picnic' and not a 'protest'. If this was a protest, I forgot my banner and signs. Oh well, I was wrong once before, back in .......................................
Good put on by the East Side! Thanks to all. Ever hear a NewYorker say 'watermelon'?

Lammo

The more picnics, coffee meet ups, lunches etc we have the less problems we will have with law enforcement + its fun to get to know each other.

Oncew agin I want to thank the people that helped put this on

BobR

SnarlyWino & the BBQ crew

Spokane Gun Trader

And the kids from the wet side that came al the way over here for a 4 hour picnic.

Orphan

Don't forget sirtirithon who made the post that started the thread that led to the picnic! Thanks!!!

BobR

I hear it all the time, well at least in the summer. She says, "oh well, look at the source, just give him something shiny to play with". :) :)

bob

sudden valley gunner

Great picnic folks, no kids were shot, and there were a lot in the park.
Martial Arts and Firearms all in one place.
Good to meet some of you guys on the dry side.

DEROS72

I had talked to the reporter prior to him doing his interview.He made a statement to the effect that he thought America would be better if no one owns guns. He also was not getting the concept of state preemption .A while after he did the interview he came back and told me that we were right.He had called the police and they told him that because of the Seattle precident that the parks ban was not enforceable.I also responded that it was state preemtion that defeated the Seattle ban.Anyway I will give him credit for checking it out and coming to us and saying that we were right.

I also want to say that I had an awesome time.Spokane has a super ,dedicated bunch of folks and it was a pleasure to go over and join them in this.Thank you Orphan and your wife for your hospitality and all of you there for a great afternoon and wonderful 2 days.Thanks Gnr for bringing me over.Also to Squeak,SVG for coming all the way out for this as well.

Also leave to Squeak to go up to the news crew with a security badge on and ask them if they were authorized to be here....He had them stumped for a second .It was hilarious!!

Last edited:

fetch

Again, thanks to those who made this happen, Orphan for hosting the guys from the west side. The appreciation was certainly unexpected and I am humbled by it.

But, we need to look ahead at other events coming up that we can inform people of there rights. I am not aware if the Spo. PD has reissued the training bulletin, but that would be a priority. Readdress the city council, it may need to be done. If anyone knows of an event we can set up a OC table, Pig Out in the Park is coming up, start a new thread.

Remember, we are not a fad, movement, or stunt. We are exercising our Constitutional Rights and we don't need the governments permission to do so.
YMHS
Fetch

DEROS72

Remember folks the annual Willow Lake event...check the willow lake thread, I have posted the grand prize for the drawing this year .We will be giving away alot of cool prizes but this one will be the biggie!!!

Last edited:

BobR

Did she say she shot a Ruger 357? Was her husband carrying a wheelgun at the picnic? If so I think I might know who it was.

bob

Last edited: