• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PA School stabbing... Will they blame knives?

Jamesm760

I bet you guys he bought that knife at a knife show and thus didn't have to go through a background check.

We must ban High Capacity knives!!! 20 people... maybe if we didn't have high capacity knives it would have been less victims.

Arin Morris

There will be no outcry for knife registration. This will be turned into an example why we need more anti-bullying campaigning and higher security at schools. They will herald this as a win for anti-gun legislation as nobody died, but were only seriously injured. They will propose how bad it could have been if he had a gun.

Last edited:

OC for ME

...as they should. Sadly, firearms usual hold their owners hostage and force their owner to take them to schools so that the firearm can commit heinous crimes.

Tony_B

A project alll open carriers can get behind.

I haven't looked into the statistics of the matter yet, but I suspect the number of people killed by drunk drivers far outweigh the number of people killed by lawful gun owners. In almost every case of a drunk driver killing a pedestrian or other motorist, that drunk driver was behind the wheel of a car or truck that was just too easy to get. You can even buy them online without any background checks! It's outrageous and must be stopped.

Let's get behind the efforts to support and get passed anti-vehicle legislation. If every one had to walk to their destination there wouldn't be anyone killed by drunk drivers. One life (and it could be yours) is worth your having to walk across country if necessary even if it's a family emergency where you need to get to your destination within hours and not days or weeks. Are you with me? Contact your state and federal legislators and let's get those illegal vehicles off the streets. And never forget they are all illegal! :rolleyes:

Additionally, those 'Saturday night specials,' you know them, those older, smaller cars that are easy to conceal and purchase right off the street for almost nothing should be our starting point. One step at a time and we'll all be walking just as God intended it. If God had wanted us to move at 70mph he'd had created our bodies to do so. No drunk walking into you walking at 5mph is going to kill you. Use your head and let's do the right thing.

Don't bury your head in the sand. This is a serious issue that needs our immediate attention. I live in the real world and don't see any reason to allow a drunk to get his hands on any car, especially those Saturday night specials. Let's get busy. Start locally and think nationally.

We could have car or truck buy back programs. Offer a $100 Walmart gift card for say a 2013 Toyota Tundra. I'll contribute ten $100 Walmart gift cards and will put my money where my mouth is. If you have a vehicle less than 10 years old and in good condition I'll give you one of these ten gift cards for it. No questions asked! You wouldn't want a drunk driver to get his hands on that vehicle would you? Think of the guilt you'd harbor for life. Just PM me and we'll work out the details. Since vehicles can be very dangerous I will only meet in a well populated, public place like a Walmart parking lot. That would make it convenient for you to use that gift card and for me to get an oil change on that dangerous vehicle before it's rendered inoperable by any and all drunk drivers.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Whatever happened to the good old days when violence was blamed on heavy metal, dungeons and dragons, and video games?

I miss those days . . .

Ooh, and backwards-masking. Remember how backwards-masking made the Manson family do those horrible deeds? Man, those were the days . . .

Last edited:

b0neZ

Whatever happened to the good old days when violence was blamed on heavy metal, dungeons and dragons, and video games?

I miss those days . . .

Ooh, and backwards-masking. Remember how backwards-masking made the Manson family do those horrible deeds? Man, those were the days . . .

It was that eeeevviiilll White album!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Tony_B

...as they should. Sadly, firearms usual hold their owners hostage and force their owner to take them to schools so that the firearm can commit heinous crimes.
I can't count the times I've had to call for help to get my pistol under control. On many occasions it just jumps right out of it's snapped holster and begins its journey to where I have no idea. But fortunately I and a couple of other grown men are able to wrestle it to the ground, unload it, and get it back into the holster before it gets too far or causes harm to "the children."

I'm sure many of you have the same problem, especially those firearms that merely LOOK LIKE a military style firearm because it's color is tan or camouflage. If it looks like a military firearm it's more dangerous than most nuclear weapons. Studies have shown this to be true although I can't find one to support my position at the moment, but will continue my search.

Sarcasm aside, did you all know they actually have banned knives in Great Britain? No kidding. Not sure if this had been mentioned in another post, but it's a fact. And guess what? The foreigners who've overrun Great Britain are stabbing the natural born subjects at alarming rates. Now had they the INALIENABLE RIGHT, AND NOT THE PRIVILEGE (as so many insane people here want the easily brainwashed Americans to believe) to own and carry a fully loaded, properly holstered pistol or revolver the British could win a knife fight very handily without even pulling the trigger. But like most Western nations who've caved into the whims and wishes of the foreign mafia banking cartels, they gave up their Rights and now are paying with their lives just as we in America are under similar and other circumstances.

U.K. knife laws at a glance from an official U.K. government website. To wit: https://www.gov.uk/find-out-if-i-can-buy-or-carry-a-knife
Basic laws on knives

It is illegal to:

1. sell a knife of any kind (including cutlery and kitchen knives) to anyone under 18
2. carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife
3. carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife (the list of banned knives is below)
4. use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife)
Nancy Pelosi clearly has relatives in Great Britian.

Oh, and 45 Americans are killed by illegals every day in America from drunk driving, outright murder, and other reasons. That's a statistic I can locate and will re-edit this post when I find it. Why aren't the borders locked down and the illegals shot when trying to cross or deported after being found with the country? Not other country puts up with such non-sense. This is the result of policies set by the international mafia banking cartels that hold America hostage with their usury and creation of "money" out of thin air; really mere bookkeeping entries.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

I bet you guys he bought that knife at a knife show and thus didn't have to go through a background check.

We must ban High Capacity knives!!! 20 people... maybe if we didn't have high capacity knives it would have been less victims.

You're absolutely right. Why does anyone need a knife with more than 3 inches of blade length? There is no sporting purpose for these assault knives with blades longer than 3 inches.

The knives probably also had high-tech polymer grips that allowed the criminal to stab people from the hip, further increasing the knives' lethality.

And it will probably be found that the knives had several other "military" features, such as a fuller for bleeding out the victims, a reinforced point for stabbing, crossguard to make the stabber invisible, and a full tang for prolonged periods of use.

These kinds of knife belong on a battlefield, not on the streets of America, or in our schools. Think of the children!

/HEAVY, dripping sarcasm off:rolleyes:

Maybe the magic wore off of those special "No Weapons Allowed" stickers and window decals.

DocWalker

You're absolutely right. Why does anyone need a knife with more than 3 inches of blade length? There is no sporting purpose for these assault knives with blades longer than 3 inches.

The knives probably also had high-tech polymer grips that allowed the criminal to stab people from the hip, further increasing the knives' lethality.

And it will probably be found that the knives had several other "military" features, such as a fuller for bleeding out the victims, a reinforced point for stabbing, crossguard to make the stabber invisible, and a full tang for prolonged periods of use.

These kinds of knife belong on a battlefield, not on the streets of America, or in our schools. Think of the children!

/HEAVY, dripping sarcasm off:rolleyes:

Maybe the magic wore off of those special "No Weapons Allowed" stickers and window decals.

I believe the sticker said "No Firearms Allowed" so technically the attacker was within the law.

You also forgot to mention that the knife was probably black, thus increasing the leathal power of the blade....

(more sarcasm)

Sir Diealotz

Tony B,

You need a Tether to keep your firearm within reach however still allow it some freedom to move about under your supervision. Just a helpful tip :lol:

Bernymac

I miss those days . . .

There was a time when "juvenile delinquency" was blamed on comic books and gave birth to the Comics Code Authority. There's always a new face of evil lurking in different generations :uhoh:

I remember spinning the record player backwards just to try and hear what Queen was saying in "Another One Bites the Dust". That was a stretch...but I did learn the "scratching" technique:monkey

But, no, they will not blame the knives, they will blame mental illness, bullying, parents, etc. Knives are not evil enough.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Perfect contrast

Sandy Hook, the POS used a firearm, slaughtered 20 kids, and 8 adults.

Franklin High, the POS used knife(s), stabbed 20 people, all are still alive.

Comparing a knife, and a handgun is, well, the comparison I offered indicates that firearms are significantly more dangerous than knives. This ought to be a boon for anti-gunner on both sides...it doesn't seem anyone is capitalizing on it though.

*looking around* Nothing new going on around here. A bunch of White, Heterosexual, OLD, Republican/Whig/tea party 2.0/Flat Earth Society/President Obama hate'n/neck deep in firearms/Alex Jones/*fingers are getting tired*/me me me-types basking in fear-mongerring BS.

Last edited:

DocWalker

Sandy Hook, the POS used a firearm, slaughtered 20 kids, and 8 adults.

Franklin High, the POS used knife(s), stabbed 20 people, all are still alive.

Comparing a knife, and a handgun is, well, the comparison I offered indicates that firearms are significantly more dangerous than knives. This ought to be a boon for anti-gunner on both sides...it doesn't seem anyone is capitalizing on it though.

*looking around* Nothing new going on around here. A bunch of White, Heterosexual, OLD, Republican/Whig/tea party 2.0/me me me-types basking in fear-mongerring BS.

You forgot to mention Oklahoma City, the POS used a Ryder van and fertilizer with some gas, The bombing killed 168 people and injured more than 680 others to include three pregnant ladies and children as young as 3 years old.

Lets ban Ryder trucks...how is that?

Beretta92FSLady

You forgot to mention Oklahoma City, the POS used a Ryder van and fertilizer with some gas, The bombing killed 168 people and injured more than 680 others to include three pregnant ladies and children as young as 3 years old.

Lets ban Ryder trucks...how is that?

I didn't forget anything, friend...it's called Cherry Picking!

I figured since I see it on here all the time, I can do it too.

The stabbing at this high School is unfortunate. I'm a bit surprised it went on long enough for him to stab 20 people. You would think there would be someone in the bunch that had the balls to confront the guy, and take his azz down sooner.

BTW, it wouldn't be the rider truck we ban, it would be the fertilizer...people would be limited to purchasing a couple bags, not 5,000 pounds. We took care of him though...he won't be buying anymore fertilizer again.

Last edited:

DocWalker

I didn't forget anything, friend...it's called Cherry Picking!

I figured since I see it on here all the time, I can do it too.

The stabbing at this high School is unfortunate. I'm a bit surprised it went on long enough for him to stab 20 people. You would think there would be someone in the bunch that had the balls to confront the guy, and take his azz down sooner.

BTW, it wouldn't be the rider truck we ban, it would be the fertilizer...people would be limited to purchasing a couple bags, not 5,000 pounds. We took care of him though...he won't be buying anymore fertilizer again.

I agree with you but anti-gun people forget the fact when they argue about how many people were killed. And most spew the fertilizer we are talking about.

one could also compare a shooting with a pistol to the use of a nuclear weapon as both are deadly just one usually more deadly than the other.

Beretta92FSLady

I agree with you but anti-gun people forget the fact when they argue about how many people were killed. And most spew the fertilizer we are talking about.

one could also compare a shooting with a pistol to the use of a nuclear weapon as both are deadly just one usually more deadly than the other.

What we're talking about here is weapons that are owned by American Citizens. You may know an American that owns a nuclear weapon...I don't.

By implication, in your response, you are acknowledging that a knife is less lethal than a handgun...are you sure you want to do that?

Let's stick to comparing similar attacks, and the tools used during those attacks. What is the likelihood the student at that High School, if he had a handgun, would have killed at least one of those twenty? What I'm stating here is if he had a handgun, and shot twenty people, instead of stabbed twenty people...we would have a higher body count than 0. We have a perfect example from Sandy Hook; a perfect contrast. About the same body count...different tools used. Would we be talking about 20 dead children, and 8 dead adults if Lansa (however his name is spelled) had a knife, instead of a handgun?

I'm waiting for someone to link us up to the Chinaman that stabbed 20 some-odd kids to death.

A handgun, for a Fact, is more efficient at killing. A handgun offers a greater efficiency of killing than a knife. Come on now, most people on here argue this point all the time...they ought to be able to carry a handgun for self-defense because it is a Better Tool for self-defense, as it compares to say, a knife.

Last edited: