• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paranoid Americans

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

My fiancee's friend moved to New Zealand with no issues to live with her boyfriend she met online about three years ago, and she's a college student.

r6-rider

imported post

marshaul wrote:
r6-rider wrote:
yea there were some bad events on that site. not defending them but im sure bad intel played a part on some of the raids. either way i know how some cops can get when they get their adrenaline up and start shooting
You're right, that justifies it all. We have nothing to worry about with a massive federal paramilitary police force, because they *might* get good intel!
man... did i not say im not defending them?

idgaf about the police, they have their own bullshit that i do not know about nor do i care. there are stupid people in every job force in America, i dont know why they do what they do so im not judging or assuming since thats not my job.

its ok though i lived in CA once upon a time, i know how the corrupt cops make you feel over there.

reconvic

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
marshaul wrote:
r6-rider wrote:
yea there were some bad events on that site. not defending them but im sure bad intel played a part on some of the raids. either way i know how some cops can get when they get their adrenaline up and start shooting
You're right, that justifies it all. We have nothing to worry about with a massive federal paramilitary police force, because they *might* get good intel!
man... did i not say im not defending them?

idgaf about the police, they have their own bull@#$% that i do not know about nor do i care. there are stupid people in every job force in America, i dont know why they do what they do so im not judging or assuming since thats not my job.

its ok though i lived in CA once upon a time, i know how the corrupt cops make you feel over there.

R6 may I say chill out bro, we all have our own opinions. Next you are right about reaction fire I have seen it first hand many a times, one shot goes off and everyone unloads I call that bad training. If you have ever been in a life and death situation you will know the human body starts pumping adrenaline big time , the key is controlling it. As you stated they are good and bad in every job, just some jobs are more stressful then others. I also lived in Cali and had a CCP for the time I was their but I am always aware of my surroundings and listen to my gut feelings. I hope this helped bro.
S/F Vic

smoking357

Banned
imported post

nzrugby wrote:
Seems to be some confusion, NZ police are in the main not armed when going about their normal duties.
Firearms are available but the vast majority of the police do not carry them.
Nor do the vast majority want to.
Sounds enlightened and civilised.

Of course if push comes to shove and some group wants trouble, well our SAS are happy to see to their needs.
Famously so.

Immigration, forget the fifty five year mark, any person over forty five coming into NZ on the skilled path would have to have a skill we are badly short of.
Under 45, how likely is it for a native English-speaker to get in?

nzrugby

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
nzrugby wrote:
Seems to be some confusion, NZ police are in the main not armed when going about their normal duties.

Of course if push comes to shove and some group wants trouble, well our SAS are happy to see to their needs.
Famously so.

Immigration, forget the fifty five year mark, any person over forty five coming into NZ on the skilled path would have to have a skill we are badly short of.
No problems for an English speaker with the right skills.
Just browse through the NZ immigration site.
I would NOT use an immigration consultant, our government does keep things fairly straight forward and if one has the skills to immigrate one would have the skills to work through the process without any hand holding.

Seems to be confusion about firearms in NZ though, rifles and shotguns are allowed to a fit and proper person who holds a firearm license.
Pistols can be owned if one is a member of a pistol shooting club, but no way would one get the right to carry concealed.
Assault rifles are banned, if a person needs an assault rifle for deer stalking they should give it up.

From my army days Browning pistols had some use, drop the magazine and they make a decent club.

Of course we do not use firearms when pig hunting, dogs and a knife only.

Oh a question, the second amendment, do people believe they should have the right to use and own ALL infantry weapons ?
Because it must get interesting when the neighbor has a tonne of HE 81 mm mortar bombs in their basement.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

nzrugby wrote:

Oh a question, the second amendment, do people believe they should have the right to use and own ALL infantry weapons ?
Because it must get interesting when the neighbor has a tonne of HE 81 mm mortar bombs in their basement.

During a Ronald Reagan / Jimmy Carter debate Walter Cronkite asked Ronnie a similar question . . . " Governor Reagan , do you believe the Second Amenment allows citizens to possess and use atomic bombs ? "

" Well there you go again . . . with the transnationalist progressive liberal illogic . Of course it does . . . smallones . "

Here is the ad showing mine ...

N00blet45

imported post

nzrugby wrote:
I most certainly do. Here's a question, how many robberies can you post of someone being robbed at mortar point? I'll accept grenades and other man portable explosives as well.

I have another question for you. Is murder somehow more wrong when it is committed with a firearm instead of with a knife or bare hands?

Barnett3006

imported post

nzrugby wrote:
Assault rifles are banned, if a person needs an assault rifle for deer stalking they should give it up.
This is a pic of my little sister.
downsized_1127080954.jpg

That Mini-14 "Assault Rifle" took that deer just fine...as a matter of fact, the meat tasted just as good as the meat I got from this deer.
1226080731a.jpg

Thats a super evil long range sniper 30-06 with a super duper sniper scope and a evil sniper stabilizing bipod if your wondering...

I don't "believe that we should", I Know that I have the right to own and use the weapons necessary to protect myself, my family, my home, my state and my country from all the enemies of freedom foreign and domestic. The primary reason the Founding Fathers of this country included the right to bear arms in our Bill of Rights was so that the people would have the means to overthrow a tyrannical government; therefore, the Second Amendment protects my right to own firearms that are equal to those used by the average infantrymen.

Deanimator

imported post

nzrugby wrote:
I came open this in another forum.
(
Originally Posted by Bobnz True, from event at the Capitol - Texas - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum
"...as I'm visiting the inlaws in New Zealand and miss having my firearm. You don't realize how much you miss it until you're in a place where only the bad guys have one. I'm constantly at Threat Level Orange"

In case any NZ'ers are wondering, Threat Level Orange is where you are at risk of a damaging attack by marauding oranges.
biggrin.gif
)

The bad guys in NZ have pistols ? since when ?
Or was the above statement just normal paranoia from those who need a firearm to be fully dressed ?

Oh, a word of warning, never try and sneak a pistol into NZ to carry concealed, if it is seen you will have the armed offenders squad out to see you.
And yes, they are armed with assault type rifles.
USA firearm laws do not apply in NZ, as much as it may surprise some.
I don't know about New Zealand, but in the United State, a knife or club are considered every bit as much deadly force as a firearm. HERE, subject to specific local limitations (duty to ATTEMPT retreat, "Castle Doctrine" in the home or car which REMOVES the duty to retreat, etc.), you have every right to respond to deadly force with deadly force. This may even include using deadly force to defend against unarmed opponents where there is a "disparity of force" between the assailant(s) and his victim(s) (victim physically overmatched, outnumbered, etc.).

My godsister was stabbed to death by her boyfriend. Is she less dead because she was stabbed rather than shot? Are you claiming that had she had access to a firearm, she should have engaged in a knife fight instead? I know that "Xena, Warrior Princess" was filmed in New Zealand, but contrary to what some people appear to believe, it was NOT a documentary.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

nzrugby wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
nzrugby wrote:

Famously so.

No problems for an English speaker with the right skills.
Just browse through the NZ immigration site.
I would NOT use an immigration consultant, our government does keep things fairly straight forward and if one has the skills to immigrate one would have the skills to work through the process without any hand holding.

Seems to be confusion about firearms in NZ though, rifles and shotguns are allowed to a fit and proper person who holds a firearm license.
Pistols can be owned if one is a member of a pistol shooting club, but no way would one get the right to carry concealed.

From my army days Browning pistols had some use, drop the magazine and they make a decent club.

Of course we do not use firearms when pig hunting, dogs and a knife only.

You'll have to forget the extreme xenophobia of many members of this site. Try to disregard them, they do not represent all of us Americans.

As for your comment about teaching Spanish in schools, it is pretty ridiculous. This is @#$%ing America, speak English. It's just another case of catering to the lowest common denominator. Your country's language policy for immigrants is excellent, I only wish it was like that here. I'm tired of dealing with customers at work and being dealt with by customer service people myself that can't understand even the most basic English.

Maybe someday I'll look into moving there. As this country heads down the shitter at break-neck speed, it's getting about time to jump ship. From the searching around I've done due to this thread,NZ seems like a nice place. If only the major hassle of moving to the other side of the planet could be avoided.

Legba

imported post

Dunno about the pigs in New Zealand, but you are well advised to hunt them with a gun in the States. They will eat you and your dogs if you just show up with a knife against some wild razorback.

-ljp

Chaingun81

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
As for your comment about teaching Spanish in schools, it is pretty ridiculous. This is @#$%ing America, speak English. It's just another case of catering to the lowest common denominator. Your country's language policy for immigrants is excellent, I only wish it was like that here. I'm tired of dealing with customers at work and being dealt with by customer service people myself that can't understand even the most basic English.

I rarely agree with you, but I do agree with this part of your post 100%. Being a recent immigrant from a non-english speaking countrymyself, it espeically pisses me off that people who advocate for making Spanish equal to English or other similar measures, always useours (immigrants) welfare as a reason. You know, "oh, you are just intolerant, these people are disadvantaged, you have to cater to them in their own language and cater to their culture and manners blah blah blah".

Any American who stands up against it, gets labeled as racist. Well, not gonna work with me.I'mnot anativeEnglish speaker and only lived in the USless than 5 years but I'm the first one to say "Learn English or GET OUT".

Sure there arethings I miss about my home country and sure there arecultural normsthatI find ridiculous in the US, but I respect them and follow them. No one holds me here and I if I don't like something I should go back. That goes for all immigrants in all countries.

Cultural tolerance is good, but to a certain point. I enjoy watching movies and reading articles in Russian, I enjoy speaking Russian to my Russian friends here, even at work during breaks. But when it comes to work and everyday activities, English is the only language, period.

Chaingun81

imported post

Legba wrote:
Dunno about the pigs in New Zealand, but you are well advised to hunt them with a gun in the States. They will eat you and your dogs if you just show up with a knife against some wild razorback.

-ljp
You don't get it do you? Pigs in NZ are also disarmed - it's a gross crime there to carry any weapon, so they obey too. They leave their teeth and fangs at the den/lair and go about their business unarmed and peaceful. :lol:

Legba

imported post

I forgot... only American "gangsta" pigs have fangs. They have to defend themselves against crazy armed Yanks, after all.

I still like using one of my (admittedly dated) infantry weapons to snipe pigs (Colombian Mauser rebarreled in .30-06). Excellent value for a rifle with rather more power than a pseudo-assault weapon.

-ljp

buster81

imported post

I've been through the packing experience for an immigrant move. I'd be happy to help anyone moving down under, and over, with their packing.You might as well leave your guns with me, because, you don't need them in NZ. God save the Queen.

When you get down there, get me some tickets for RWC2011.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
Legba wrote:

-ljp
You don't get it do you? Pigs in NZ are also disarmed - it's a gross crime there to carry any weapon, so they obey too. They leave their teeth and fangs at the den/lair and go about their business unarmed and peaceful. :lol:
Great post. Why can't America be so civilised?

bohdi

imported post

What's wrong with being paranoid? A little creative paranoia leads to thinking out side the box....after all, if history has taught man nothing else, it is that man SHOULD be paranoid, lol.

reconvic

imported post

I don't run paranoid just on condition 3 at all times, if you listen to your gut and follow any training you had( which I hope most have had some firearms training) You will react the proper manner and live. Remember if you feel uneasy for whatever reason, get to a place where there are many people fast, don't try and fight the feeling. go with the flow.
S/F Vic

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

I rarely agree with you, but I do agree with this part of your post 100%. Being a recent immigrant from a non-english speaking countrymyself, it espeically pisses me off that people who advocate for making Spanish equal to English or other similar measures, always useours (immigrants) welfare as a reason. You know, "oh, you are just intolerant, these people are disadvantaged, you have to cater to them in their own language and cater to their culture and manners blah blah blah".

Any American who stands up against it, gets labeled as racist. Well, not gonna work with me.I'mnot anativeEnglish speaker and only lived in the USless than 5 years but I'm the first one to say "Learn English or GET OUT".

Sure there arethings I miss about my home country and sure there arecultural normsthatI find ridiculous in the US, but I respect them and follow them. No one holds me here and I if I don't like something I should go back. That goes for all immigrants in all countries.

Cultural tolerance is good, but to a certain point. I enjoy watching movies and reading articles in Russian, I enjoy speaking Russian to my Russian friends here, even at work during breaks. But when it comes to work and everyday activities, English is the only language, period.

You write outstanding English for somone thatlearned it as a second language. I'm guessing you learned it far in advance of moving here though.