• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pics of OC on the strip.

MaryMc01

imported post

So, don't any of you know any women who carry? I'd like to hang out with ya'll andOC with you. I'm up in Reno. Guess I need to start OC up here!

gmijackso

imported post

Vegas Rick wrote:
This transportation thing is troubling.  It goes way beyond NLV's authority because the state legislatures have clearly limited that authority. Strictly speaking, it reads that the Second Amendment is limited to pedestrians.  Selective enforcement?  Overreaching of law enforcement powers?  A constitutional violation?  IMHO, it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.  So sad to see our tax dollars at risk.

I agree. As a matter of fact I was talking with a co-worker the other day whose wife carries a lot as she deals with foreclosures. She prefers to OC for the deterrence factor and was traffic stopped in NLV with the weapon. She was given a rough time and made to place the weapon and ammo in the trunk 3 feet apart. At the time she was unaware of both their "law" and the preemption of it. She was livid as she was now forced to not protect herself.

Events like this lead me to believe that they don't really want to prosecute such an issue and they're aware the charge won't hold. They'd much rather attempt to enforce with fear of prosecution so that they can obtain as much compliance as possible without losing a court case and removing the ability to create fear of prosecution. I think that if an informed person were to really press the issue, you'd not get prosecuted for it. They may find some other trumped up charge to prosecute you for not caving to their will, but I don't think they'll choose to risk a loss.

Prosecuting, and losing the case would force their hand. They would likely be forced to remove the code. They would no longer be able to say "It's against the law in NLV and we could arrest you for this." then force compliance and be happy that you'll likely never do it again for fear of prosecution.

Now that my co-worker has been informed, he has printed the preemption code and given it to his wife, and I can only assume that she has again begun carrying in NLV and feels safe once again doing her job, and confident that she is in the right doing so.

Ballenxj

imported post

Hi guys, First post here. :) Open carry in NLV? :what: Did you guys run across any North Town Police? If so, did they say anything about the OC?
-Bruce

timf343

Campaign Veteran

calmp9

imported post

timf343 wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

A couple threads on NLV topic:

timf343

I have not been around lately. Don't mean to be redundant, but how is the IA thing with Metro going?
[/b]