• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Preferred 9mm conceal carry?

DWCook

Activist Member
This maybe an odd question since this being an open carry dedicated group. But there are times I do need to conceal carry regardless of my view with it. I have been looking at the Glock 26 9mm currently. I checked out the Gen5 at my local gun shop and with the pinky extension, it's quite a nice piece. I'm curious to know if' there's any nice subcompacts I should be looking at. I do have quite large hands! The M&P shield feels a bit small for my hands, or maybe I'm just not used to small sidearms. My current carry when I need to conceal is my Glock 19X 9mm.

Any recommendations of what I should be looking at would be great! I don't plan to own many conceal carry pistols. I highly prefer to open carry, but again I need a nice piece for when I do conceal carry. Price isn't really an issue and I don't mind a premium price tag.

eye95

If you are looking for a concealable Glock, check out the new 43X and 48. Both have 43-style single stacks, but 19-length grips. The 43X barrel length is comparable to the 43. The 48 barrel length is comparable to the 19.

While they don’t carry generation designations, they have Gen 5 features.