• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RepubliCONS preparing to destroy rights?

nonameisgood

While it seems plausible that the Aurora shooter picked that particular theater for that reason, it is not a known fact.

I would guess that one reason crazy (like a fox) shooters go to schools is that they are a target-rich environment, same as malls and theaters. If part of the motivation is notoriety, a school is more inflammatory. Also, many people associate schools with the bullying of their past, and may blame their lot in life on the school or students. (That's just my educated guess.). It is probably not as simple as them being gun-free, or mostly gun-free.

Unless we have unaltered, contemporaneous comments from the shooters, we can't really know why they pick a place. Especially once they read or hear conjecture in the media or on the web or from a lawyer or therapist. Memory is perishable.

eye95

Even such statements would not make it a "known fact" by your standard. He could be lying.

Depending on how you set the standard for "known facts," everything or nothing could be "known facts." However, we are talking about logical and reasonable conclusions. We can conclude, with near certainty, that the Aurora shooter chose a GFZ because he bypassed two closer theaters, one of them larger, both of them showing the Batman movie, to select the theater he did. So, what feature did that theater have that the other two did not? It was a GFZ, and they were not.

Pretty danged close to a "known fact," considering that nothing is.

OC for ME

Ahh, so the presumption is that if the school was not a Gun Free Zone, there would not have been a shooting at the school?

Lincoln was a Progressive, thank goodness for all.
Liberals are very comfortable distorting history to align it with their, your, liberal agenda. I am comfortable in the knowledge that the American people are beginning to realize that liberals are the only threat to our great republic. Liberals realize that they have awakened a sleeping giant.

I hold this truth to be self evident, that liberals will tell you who they are, what they believe, and that which they will do.

I submit the below for your consideration.
But Abraham Lincoln is not, and nor was his Administration, any model for what today seems so objectionable in the modern welfare state. His unwavering commitment to natural rights and the Constitution’s framework of limited government, as well as the comparatively limited forces he called into the defense of the nation during the Civil War, not only place him in philosophical opposition to the Left, but dispel any notions that he set the stage for the expansion of government in the 20th century.
I have said, very many times…that no man believed more than I in the principle of self-government; that it lies at the bottom of all my ideas of just government, from beginning to end.… I deny that any man has ever gone ahead of me in his devotion to the principle, whatever he may have done in efficiency in advocating it. I think that I have said it in your hearing that I believe each individual is naturally entitled to do as he pleases with himself and the fruit of his labor, so far as it in no wise interferes with any other man’s rights—that each community, as a State, has a right to do exactly as it pleases with all the concerns within that State that interfere with the rights of no other State, and that the general government, upon principle, has no right to interfere with anything other than that general class of things that does concern the whole. I have said that at all times.

Abraham Lincoln, “Speech at Chicago, Illinois,” July 10, 1858

http://www.heritage.org/research/re...-lincoln-was-not-the-father-of-big-government
As is my practice, I reject your views out of hand, with very few exceptions.

Beretta92FSLady

Liberals are very comfortable distorting history to align it with their, your, liberal agenda. I am comfortable in the knowledge that the American people are beginning to realize that liberals are the only threat to our great republic. Liberals realize that they have awakened a sleeping giant.

I hold this truth to be self evident, that liberals will tell you who they are, what they believe, and that which they will do.

I submit the below for your consideration.As is my practice, I reject your views out of hand, with very few exceptions.

You're correct, the People are waking up...which is the reason the Republican House lost seats this last election.

You can hold whatever Truth you like, to be self-evident.