• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Paul calls binLaden raid "unnecessary"

eye95

Her signature named "Gunslinger" and took a snipet of a quote of mine completely out of context. Only a complete moron would fail to misinterpret the rest of her 'coward, racist, cowardly, ad nauseum' signature as not directed against me. As I don't consider you to be a moron, the assumption is that signature was removed/edited to exclude my screen name prior to your reading it. A fact you evidently have not considered but I noted. The updated signature simply had a general comment, which she is entitled to, however idiotic, without "Gunslinger" being mentioned. I don't make specious claims nor would I have retaliated were the facts not as presented.

Now, you can move on.

In my very first response to you about the sig, I said something along the lines of "unless her sig has changed..." The sig I read named no names, just said disparaging things about folks who don't like Obama. If the signature had changed, that would be the time to have said so. Frankly, I have seen no sig by her that mentions you. Such things should not be tolerated. Report them when they do. Talking about them in the open just exacerbates the problem.

Gunslinger

Beretta and I have moved on. There is no animosity between us. As to the moderator, his gutlessness stands on its own merits. I sent him a lengthy response to being 'banned." His lack of any reply, res ipsa loquitur.
As to the jackals on the forum and their comments on something that didn't concern them and was far above their intellectual ability to comprehend in the first place, **** them for the fools they've proven themselves to be.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
That is the exact thought process that will keep us in a never ending war with no way of winning and will solidify the continued erosion of our freedoms. Maybe there is no hope for us anymore. But hey, its all to catch those evil terrorists held up in caves. At least we are winning the war on terror right? We don't have to get groped to fly on a plane, to enter a school, bus or train station, don't have judges at checkpoints to sign warrants to draw blood on the spot because you happen to drive on a road with a checkpoint, can still resist illegally entry into the home by LEO, still have the right to remain silent without speaking up, can silently dance in public, don't have to worry about having tracking devices placed on your car without a warrant, don't have to worry about being searched by a LEO without probable cause or a warrant, can say whatever you want about the president without being hassled by the fbi and SS, oh wait.... But hey, we are winning!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...d-quot-unnecessary-quot&p=1542681#post1542681

I've seen more complete nonsense about Islamic Jihad in it's entirety being COMPLETELY fabricated by our very own government than I could've believed possible. So I had to wonder if that wasn't the track he was on. I mean, never mind islamic warriors have been pushing their influence around the world for 1400 years, people who "think" it's all a myth and use cute little terms like "Al-C.I.A.-DUH" are obviously grounded in reality right?

In regards to your point, the GWOT has been a mismanaged, almost pointless endeavor. Yet I say that not because I disagree with it fundamentally, and I think saying it is waged to bring "20-30 guys to justice or nullify them" is being quite simplistic. Global jihad is not some sort of reaction to any events that have happened in modern times. Global jihad is a concept invented by a flea bitten warlord, thief, pedophile, and false prophet of the largest and most violent cult imaginable, over 1400 years ago. I'm sure you've heard of him, since whenever someone draws a cartoon of him an embassy gets firebombed.

The reason I say The GWOT is a pointless endeavor, is because the only way to possibly win it, would be to hunt down and kill more people than the non-jihadist world has the ammo or stomach to do. So instead western governments will spin their wheels in the sand, while killing the fraction of jihadists who are so committed to their cause they will travel to the places we've set up flags in. The rest, and smarter more effective ones I should add, will quietly move amongst their prey waiting for their perfect day.

In the mean time, even though they lose nearly every battle they're winning the war. Since instead of profiling the enemy, investigating them, and throwing them out of the hemisphere, we allow ourselves to be so terrorized we're willing to get molested in order to get on an airplane. Since we have so many (ahem) "people" in our country who seem far more concerned about not offending sociopathic killers (who would be happy to remove every single head from every atheist, "liberated" woman, and homosexual) than stopping them from committing horrible acts of violence.

BTW, (since I'm sure it's coming from certain mindless bed wetters), I'll concern myself with radical Christians when they start walking into crowds yelling "JESUS LOVES YOU!!!" before detonation. Since I've blocked these imbeciles, I figured I'd address their stupidity in advance.

Obviously I'm not some "jingoistic flag waving Bush loving Christian war monger", even though that would be more endearing to me than what the people who call me such things mean them to be. I think I've pointed out QUITE CLEARLY, that our government's reactionary, insipid PC "solutions" to terrorism actually hand victory on a silver plater to the islamic sociopaths.

What will keep us in a "never ending war", is a failure on our part as a civilization to recognize the threat and neutralize it.

I addition, you're ignoring the fact that their dogma of making the entire world sharia compliant far outdates the establishment of western civilization on this continent. If Colombus and all the aristocracy in europe decided to leave the western hemisphere alone, islamic radicals would have wiped out or converted all the indians once they figured out they could travel here.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

No, my objective is to point out that bad people, who happen to be religious, use their religion to justify their bad behavior.

In fact, the whole point is that religion is not the instigating agent. It's merely a justification after the fact.

I agree. There's a great line from a movie, think it was a historical drama about Attila the Hun, "There's my pretext!"

I think it's really about what it always has been, statism and control. In the 30's the enemy was nationalist statism, during the cold war it was globalist statism, now it's religious statism. What is the stated goal of the radical islamists after all? A world-wide wahabist caliphate under sharia law. It can probably be argued that sharia is even more restrictive of personal liberty than fascism or communism.

You are avoiding one of my points marshaul. Do you agree or not that, if not for us "not minding our own business," today most of the world, and probably America, would be either fascist or communist? Are we antagonizing them "over there?" Yeah, probably. Is that a good thing? Possibly. Better to be antagonizing them over there, then them antagonizing us over here, which they have been completely unsuccessful in doing ever since we started antagonizing them over there.

Now please, don't you or anyone else interpret this as condoning the assault on our rights in the name of fighting terror. I agree with the mission, but not the execution, at least not domestically. However, if we did all of a sudden start "minding our own business," pulled every US soldier out of every foreign base, recalled every plane, every missile, every naval vessel, what do you think would happen? Honestly now.

Do you think al Qaida, et al, would then agree to a truce or treaty as they claim?

That's quite likely actually. Because then they could focus on creating their caliphate unmolested, starting with Iraq and/or Afghanistan. Back to the Taliban, or worse. Then Iran, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, etc etc. Indonesia, Pakistan, east Africa. Without our intervention, you'd see hardline wahabist sharia regimes slowly take over the Muslim nations.

How bout Israel? Do you really think Israel would survive more than a few years if surrouned by even more hostile governments, and abandoned by us? They'd probably make Mecca & Medina glow in the dark before their last gasp, but hey from the islamists perspective they'd just be making martyrs.

And then what? How bout France for starters? They're already having issues with their large Muslim population wanting to initiate sharia law, just for the other Muslims of course. England, Russia, Turkey. Would probably take them decades, but they're a patient lot. And once the entire eastern hemisphere was one Islamic Caliphate, do you honestly think they wouldn't turn their attention on us? We'd make it real easy too, just minding our own business letting them choose the time and place of the opening volley.

As I said before, I don't think this is really about religion, and I do not think all Muslims are "________." But I do have my doubts about Islam. It's the only practiced religion in the world that has been spread by force since day one. Do you deny this historical fact? Christianity at least waited until its adherents wielded some actual power before we started killing, and we have almost universally renounced that now. I don't see Islam even considering that.

Dreamer

Hell, ask Dreamer to help since he comes up with the most obscure and ridiculous links to "news" a person can find.

Actually, you're probably right on this one...

Some estimates put the historical death toll of Jihadists at around 270 million, whereas the religious wars, crusades and church-backed imperialism of the first two millenia of Christianity only count up to about 6 million.

The Nazis were responsible for around 11 million deaths, and the Chinese Communists weigh in at around 43 million...

http://www.politicalislam.com/blog/tears-of-jihad/

So by most historical estimates, Jihadists have killed more than all other religious (and non-religious, governmental) groups combined....

But then again, if I say something is so, it must be false, right, "PfW"?...

Last edited:

Steve47

So the government having a story about a raid and a dead Bin Laden. Yeah, believe it, because the government wouldn't lie to you, right? Obama is not a liar, Bush was a honest patriot, Hillary is awesome, just like her husband, all the politicians are real patriots, and they always telling the truth to the public. :lol:

I don't even argue about this Bin Laden thing, because it's pointless. I guess he died long time ago, or he is still living somewhere, who knows. I don't believe in the official story, that's for sure.
But if you think these politicians telling the truth to you, well, I respect your opinion. Freedom of speech, you can say/believe whatever you want. :)

eye95

What evidence do you have that bin Laden was not killed in that raid? That he is alive or long-since dead? Distrust is not the same as evidence.

On edit: Two posts. Neither about OC. Nevermind.

Last edited:

KansasMustang

"And when you add on to that the fact that the Mujahideen were actually CREATED by the CIA to fight the Russians, and only got cranky with the US when we stopped sending them "welfare checks" once the Soviets backed out, there really is no legitimate reason for us to be there." originally posted by Dreamer

I just love arm chair Generals/Historians that don't have a clue wtf they're talking about, that post stupid stuff like this and then give links from off the wall sites as proof. Dreamer the Mujahedin were not CREATED by the CIA, rather they were supplied by them to aid in their fight. If it's considered a personal attack well so be it. I just wish that conspiracy theorists would get their facts straight. Of course I'll be called the stupid one.

Since Ron Paul IS now running for the OFFICE the debate should get interesting. I half agree with his isolationist policies. Sealing the borders would be a great start.

sudden valley gunner

Since Ron Paul IS now running for the OFFICE the debate should get interesting. I half agree with his isolationist policies. Sealing the borders would be a great start.

Can you point to a link where he wants to seal off our borders and be an isolationist? I think he mainly wants U.S. to take care of U.S. first and stop intervening and putting our noses in places it might not belong.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
So the government having a story about a raid and a dead Bin Laden. Yeah, believe it, because the government wouldn't lie to you, right? Obama is not a liar, Bush was a honest patriot, Hillary is awesome, just like her husband, all the politicians are real patriots, and they always telling the truth to the public. :lol:

I don't even argue about this Bin Laden thing, because it's pointless. I guess he died long time ago, or he is still living somewhere, who knows. I don't believe in the official story, that's for sure.
But if you think these politicians telling the truth to you, well, I respect your opinion. Freedom of speech, you can say/believe whatever you want. :)

Questioning the "official" story is something a person of sound mind would instinctively do. Rejecting it immediately without considering the fact that there are so many people involved that there has to be some element of truth too it, never mind the fact that people from all over the jihadi world have promised revenge, is the mark of a scizophrenic. Welcome to the forum, I predict you'll be quite entertaining should you decide to stick around.

What evidence do you have that bin Laden was not killed in that raid? That he is alive or long-since dead? Distrust is not the same as evidence.

eyepopping.gif
You're not implying that the poster is a sock puppet or a troll are you?
applaud.gif

"And when you add on to that the fact that the Mujahideen were actually CREATED by the CIA to fight the Russians, and only got cranky with the US when we stopped sending them "welfare checks" once the Soviets backed out, there really is no legitimate reason for us to be there." originally posted by Dreamer

I just love arm chair Generals/Historians that don't have a clue wtf they're talking about, that post stupid stuff like this and then give links from off the wall sites as proof. Dreamer the Mujahedin were not CREATED by the CIA, rather they were supplied by them to aid in their fight. If it's considered a personal attack well so be it. I just wish that conspiracy theorists would get their facts straight. Of course I'll be called the stupid one.

Do you mean to tell us you refuse to believe the CIA established an organization of islamic jihadists who were willing to kill soviets on our behalf, then used them to ignite a greater conflict that would plunge our own nation into a grinding war with no battle lines or clear objectives?

YOU SIR, MUST BE AN AGENT OF DISINFORMATION PROMOTING THE NEW WORLD ORDER!!!
rotfl.gif

BTW Dreamer, when you post things I agree with I add my $.02 if I have the time or feel the the need. When you post something that is clearly ridiculous, I am complelled to point it out. I have little tolerance for people who disparage those in the intelligence community, or those who promote class warfare propaganda. The conspiracy movement is a tool of the anti american elites you so passionately rail against. Whether it's the 9/11 truth crowds who have worked so well to associate themselves with libertarian oriented people like Debra Medina or Ron Paul, thus bringing their credibilty down, or the birthers who have been effective to a lesser degree in making tea party oriented people look like a crowd of racist malcontents.

I've told you, I know these people. I've been in their homes and worked with them to (what I thought was) "fight tyranny and the NWO". It's all unfettered bull$#!t, they're making a buck just like anyone else who has mobs of people who believe in what they say. What pisses me off is that they promote an agenda IMO that is destructive to the foundation of the country.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I agree. There's a great line from a movie, think it was a historical drama about Attila the Hun, "There's my pretext!"

I think it's really about what it always has been, statism and control. In the 30's the enemy was nationalist statism, during the cold war it was globalist statism, now it's religious statism. What is the stated goal of the radical islamists after all? A world-wide wahabist caliphate under sharia law. It can probably be argued that sharia is even more restrictive of personal liberty than fascism or communism.

No doubt.

You are avoiding one of my points marshaul. Do you agree or not that, if not for us "not minding our own business," today most of the world, and probably America, would be either fascist or communist?

No, I do not agree with this. Communism failed of its own accord, as it was doomed to.

As for European fascism, I have little problem with our military response. First of all, we were attacked and declared war upon by sovereign entities. This, secondly, gave us specific strategic objectives which, once obtained, allowed for an end to the war.

Minding our own business doesn't mean we have to allow aggression, unprovoked or otherwise.

Keep in mind, I have never had a problem with killing Osama bin Laden and his cronies. I simply maintain that, firstly, many of the points made in his declaration of war are understandable and, if not justified, an expected result of our past meddling where we had no reason to be meddling. Secondly, that the overboard response to 9/11 -- using it as an excuse to further our campaign of Endless Global War -- furthers the self-fulfilling prophecy of continuous overseas intervention.

Are we antagonizing them "over there?" Yeah, probably. Is that a good thing? Possibly. Better to be antagonizing them over there, then them antagonizing us over here, which they have been completely unsuccessful in doing ever since we started antagonizing them over there.
Better still to never have antagonized them in the first place, if, as I argue, this would have left no truly motivating force sufficient to encourage sufficient numbers of them to antagonize us.

Now please, don't you or anyone else interpret this as condoning the assault on our rights in the name of fighting terror. I agree with the mission, but not the execution, at least not domestically. However, if we did all of a sudden start "minding our own business," pulled every US soldier out of every foreign base, recalled every plane, every missile, every naval vessel, what do you think would happen? Honestly now.
Honestly, I think nothing would happen. What the hell does a base in Germany dissuade? The US will never be a weak nation. We possess 300 million of the most well-armed citizens in the world. And we have never had a problem mobilizing a military of the utmost technical advancement, even in the period when we didn't maintain a large standing army (the Germans were never more than a few years ahead of us, which didn't ensure victory in the end, despite their having mobilized and invested in military technical advancement more and earlier than we did).

Do you think al Qaida, et al, would then agree to a truce or treaty as they claim?

That's quite likely actually. Because then they could focus on creating their caliphate unmolested, starting with Iraq and/or Afghanistan. Back to the Taliban, or worse. Then Iran, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, etc etc. Indonesia, Pakistan, east Africa. Without our intervention, you'd see hardline wahabist sharia regimes slowly take over the Muslim nations.

And so what? Do you really think the socio-political philosophy of Sharia is capable of being successful if left to its own devices? Why do you credit it so much? The only time in Muslim history when Muslim nations had anything resembling longstanding and large-scale success was a period characterized by its liberal (you know how i mean that) attitudes to everything from commerce to religious freedom to intellectual endeavors to women's rights (!).

It is, in some ways, a fundamental tenant of liberalism that free markets and free minds are the best and only way to foster an advanced, prosperous nation. And so far history has proven us right. The progress made by liberal nations since the conceptualization of liberalism far outpaces the contribution of every nation throughout the entirety of history combined, including that made by Muslims, Communists, and Fascists.

Liberalism works. In fact, in a world where one must compete with liberalism, liberalism is the only thing that works, that can work.

Sharia would fail for the same reason communism failed. It does not, cannot, work.

How bout Israel? Do you really think Israel would survive more than a few years if surrouned by even more hostile governments, and abandoned by us? They'd probably make Mecca & Medina glow in the dark before their last gasp, but hey from the islamists perspective they'd just be making martyrs.

Not my problem. The Israelites have since the beginning played an equal part in the escalation of hostilities. I honestly am far beyond giving a **** what any of those people do to each other. Both sides have committed aggression since the beginning.

Personally, I think us withdrawing support from Israel would, while leaving Israel with the incredible military strength they've built up (enough to defend themselves for some time), discourage their arrogant and provocative behavior, which would do more for peace in the region than just about anything else possibly could.

Folks over there (on both sides) don't have to pass down stories of past wrongs, because the see new ones all the time.

Furthermore, no amount of suicide bombings justify aggressive expansion (complete with displacement of residents), which only serves to provide a time-tested and guaranteed motivation (and justification) for violent conflict.

Suffice it so say, their problems are their own, and of their own making.

And then what? How bout France for starters? They're already having issues with their large Muslim population wanting to initiate sharia law, just for the other Muslims of course. England, Russia, Turkey. Would probably take them decades, but they're a patient lot.

Have you been to France? England? Spain?

Well, I have. I lived in the UK for a year. As ridiculous as their society and government is, they are far from slipping into Sharia. Yes, Muslims and Arabs do get far more consideration from the state than I would grant them. However, they remain a political minority in each of those governments, and what consideration they have been granted has been offered them, not forced via democratic means. European governance tends to be bad, but it is well-established, and the kind of bad which is not easily displaced by something brought by immigrants, especially those demanding Sharia.

And once the entire eastern hemisphere was one Islamic Caliphate, do you honestly think they wouldn't turn their attention on us? We'd make it real easy too, just minding our own business letting them choose the time and place of the opening volley.

You realize you're well into fantasy-land now, right? See above.

As I said before, I don't think this is really about religion, and I do not think all Muslims are "________." But I do have my doubts about Islam. It's the only practiced religion in the world that has been spread by force since day one. Do you deny this historical fact? Christianity at least waited until its adherents wielded some actual power before we started killing, and we have almost universally renounced that now. I don't see Islam even considering that.

I agree with all this. Personally, I find Islam abhorrent, possibly the worst of any religion (not to discount my dislike for Western religions, especially a few examples of self-proclaimed "Christians" here in the US).

But our response plays right into their mythology. The Quran advocates tolerance and peace with those who offer respect and peace to Islam (although, as with Christianity, some may ignore this when it isn't convenient for their political aims). It quite specifically proscribes aggression:

And fight in the cause of God those who fight against you, and do not commit aggression. Indeed God does not love those who are aggressors

(2:190)

It also advocates jihad against those who aggress against Islam first, and does so on no uncertain terms:

And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.

(2:191–93)

So, Muslims are instructed to kill or covert infidels, but only if those infidels have attacked or oppressed the practice of Islam. If the infidels cease their oppression of the practice of Islam, and/or their aggression, then Muslims are not to continue to fight them.

Obviously, our actions make it pretty easy for people like bin Laden to claim divine mandate.

The thing is, Muhammad's geopolitical policy is essentially that of non-aggressionism, which is what we should practice -- although not because the Quran says so, but rather because I say so :)p), and so does the bible (for those who believe in that) and so did Thomas Jefferson (and others), i.e. because our traditions indicate it, as does common sense.

Were we to do so, people like bin Laden would have little to fall back on other than their overt political aims. It would be much harder to convince the devout were we not playing into the ideological hands of Muslim extremists with political agendas.

Furthermore, I believe that, in the long run, the way to defeat Sharia is through the liberal tradition. The free exchange of culture and ideas will do more to defeat Sharia than any war ever could.

It remains to be seen whether the current uprisings in the middle east will bring about secular democracies or more Sharia. Probably, a little of both.

eye95

Actually, PFW, I am saying that he does not have enough posts to assess his credibility or intelligence. He may well turn out to be a troll or sock puppet; I don't know. But he has already established that he makes wild claims without support.

Gunslinger

Look at it this way: it's been a long time since we've had new ground for an Urban Legend. osama fills the bill. Maybe he was taken to the mothership by aliens. Nothing like cross pollinating obtuse theories.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Actually, PFW, I am saying that he does not have enough posts to assess his credibility or intelligence. He may well turn out to be a troll or sock puppet; I don't know. But he has already established that he makes wild claims without support.

Judging from the single post I have read...

Lets just say I'm less than impressed.

Steve47

2 posts. That's right, I just joined like 2 days ago. How many post should I produce in 2 days?

Actually I have several questions about OC-ing. That's why I made an account here.

Thanks for the welcome, PrayingForWar.

eye95

So what? Name one religious person who hasn't justified everything they've done, good, bad or indifferent, in the name of their god. It's too convenient to pass up.

I normally don't get to read his stuff, but this one was quoted and kinda irked me.

To answer the question: Me.

We all fall short of the Glory of God. That means that we all do things not in the name of God. There are some people who claim everything they do is in the name of God. Some. However, seeing someone doing so should send up a red flag since it would be an indication that the person fails to recognize that he is falling short.

BTW, your off-handed and unthoughtful generalization is a shallow dismissal of all who believe in God. Not a very rational reaction.

Moving on.

sudden valley gunner

I normally don't get to read his stuff, but this one was quoted and kinda irked me.

We all fall short of the Glory of God. That means that we all do things not in the name of God. There are some people who claim everything they do is in the name of God. Some. However, seeing someone doing so should send up a red flag since it would be an indication that the person fails to recognize that he is falling short.

BTW, your off-handed and unthoughtful generalization is a shallow dismissal of all who believe in God. Not a very rational reaction.

Moving on.

Well maybe you should have read Marshauls other post so you could have put the one quoted in context.

No, my objective is to point out that bad people, who happen to be religious, use their religion to justify their bad behavior.

In fact, the whole point is that religion is not the instigating agent. It's merely a justification after the fact.

Of course you have me on ignore and will only read this if quoted. :rolleyes:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Moving on.

Nice job, eye95.

You ignore me, and then take the one post where I was obviously being flippant to make your affirmative rebuttal to a position I've taken. How impressively rational of you!

Did anybody else believe that I meant my generalization literally?

To me it is fairly evident that, A: I was being flippant, B: what I meant was this:

It's actually kind of rude to willfully not participate in a discussion (by ignoring a participant), and then cherry-pick convenient things to rebut when the discussion has already obviated your "rebuttal" long ago.