• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second NOVA meetup

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

so who's got the ball? Has anyone contacted chilliman? Do we have a formal head count running? We are only two days out...

possumboy

imported post

I just came from HTC and one of the managers said some called with a headcount of about 55.

I know I'm not in that number, but if everything goes good with me moving back into house (a tree decided it want to occupy them same space and house, so we have been living in a hotel for a little while).

Anyway, I that is what I heard today, and I'm going to try to make it, with kids...

possumboy

imported post

That is what was said, 55 is not a typo.

I was a little surprised by that number also. I believe they said it was someone that was named Sheldon? I don't know names, just handles.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Heres my count: 18 more or less. Anyone volunteering to call Chiliman up with a correct reservation?
cREbralFIX
Longwatch
VAopencarry
NovaCCW +1
TEX1N
Coltcarrier +2
VASpringer
Parashoot man
Tess +2
Zoom6zoom
Possumboy +2?

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

If you're doing 'may be's,' put me down as one. I won't know until the last minute. If that's a problem for the reservation, then don't worry about it and I'll try again some other time.

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

55 Seems a bit enthusiastic. If we have 18 now, I don't see picking up that many more. Maybe there is another group trying to fill HTC so there is no room for us. This is a public board and there are many that may be reading about our plans.

From my experience booking dinners and planning for groups, the difference between 15 and 20 is negligable. If we book for the 18 we have now, there would still be room if a couple of the maybes were able to show up.

If anyone placed this reservation, please speak up! We need to get this resolved. I am hoping it was not one of us, or someone playing a joke as it would be really rude to chilliman. If this booking is real, we may want to offset the time a little as to not crush HTC. Perhaps we could get them to confirm the reservation and then maybe delay our arrival for 30 minutes (7:30) to give them time to get the other group settled. This is best worked out by calling HTC.

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I got the ball!!! I will call HTC and put in our reservation. If there truly is a reservation for 55 @ 7, then I will shift us back a little bit so they can deal with everything. I will chat with them once they open and post back what they say and our plan from there.

Should I put the reservation under OCDO? Or I am open to other sugestions. That way if anyone is running late, they actually don't have to say "I'm looking for the group with all the guns...".
:what: Can't you see the sheep now...:what:

I'll go with the 18 number for now. That way we leave room for a couple of the possibles.

parashoot man

imported post

I am the wishful thinker!
Guess I opened my mouth too soon.:cuss:
I'm trying to bring a few friends with me, but won't know till the last minute.
See all soon:banghead:

darrel_h

imported post

i apologize folks for not speaking up sooner, but i am considering going also but won't know till the last minute. as has been said before, if this creates a problem i can sit this one out for definite and be more decisive with the next one. please let me know. thank you.

darrel_h

imported post

i'm pretty sure this is the one everyone is talking about, right near Potomac Mills Mall. if i'm wrong please correct. thanks.

Hard Times Cafe

14389 Potomac Festival Plaza
Woodbridge, VA 22193

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here's the current list I will be going off of. Please let me know soon if there are any changes. I will be calling them after 11 to make reservations for the group... looks like I will tell them 20-25 that way there is room for the possibles. If we only end up with 15, that's still a decent showing...

cREbralFIX
Longwatch
VAopencarry
NovaCCW +1
TEX1N
Coltcarrier +2
VASpringer
Parashoot man
Tess +2
Zoom6zoom
Possumboy +2?

Possibles:
VCDL President
darrel_h
+2-3 on parashootman (what's a few? 20?)

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Talked to Hard times and the group of 50 booked about 2-3 weeks ago and is having a catered event. They are trying to figure out how to seat us all and will call me back after talking to the general manager. The reservation is under OCDO. I will post once I hear back from them if we need to fall back another 30min or so. They are trying to accomodate everyone!

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just spoke to hard times again and they wanted to ensure we knew they really don't take reservations. If they expect you, then they can plan for the surge and try to accomodate us quicker. Lets be nice and shift back to 7:30 to allow some them some breathing room between large parties. This may also allow a little extra wiggle room for the possibles....

UPDATE:
Hard Times Cafe in Woodbridge
Fri 9/8/06 @ 7:30

look forward to seeing everyone there... remember they do have ABC so be prepared to OC. You can find the menu online at http://www.hardtimes.com so you can know what you want when you get there since we will be chasing another large crowd!

zoom6zoom

imported post

BTW, I got a coupon from them in the mail today for "Any Chili Mac, $4.99 (No limit per table)". It's already parked in my wallet. It was in the "Money Mailer" if anyone else gets it.

This will be the first time I've gone to HT and not had a beer... this location has some great stuff on tap. Randy (chiliman) posts on another forum that I frequent.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Good work Coltcarrier, I agree that pushing back the meetup is only fair and sensible.