• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Strange behaviour by ACPD Officer towards OCer, caught on film

no carry permit ?

imported post

The citizen & the officer both acted poorly. We just don't need this happening. Next time the concerned citizen should just photograph the illegally parked officer, mail it to the police chief noting the unit number, location & time.

Chief Scott would not have been happy with this officer and would have dealt with it.
What the citizen did here was immature and somewhat punky. Having said that I could see myself doing the same thing twenty years ago, so lets give youth & inexperience a break. The officer ? He should be force to stand outside the police station with a sign, I'm a bad, bad cop BUT there are a few decent ones inside (on most days).

wylde007

imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
Next time the concerned citizen should just photograph the illegally parked officer, mail it to the police chief noting the unit number, location & time.
And CC/copy the local news station or paper.

Sheriff

imported post

no carry permit ? wrote:
The officer ? He should be force to stand outside the police station with a sign, I'm a bad, bad cop BUT there are a few decent ones inside (on most days).

One of themain reasons a police chief can'tdo things such as this is liability issues. Once a police chiefpublicly admits one of his cops made a mistake, they might as well hand a plaintiff a blank check if the citizen takes it upon himself to sue the cops for wrongdoing. In this case, the citizen could claim mental anguish by the cop stalking him and following him around.

edit: for typo

KBCraig

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
rob99vmi04 wrote:
avoiding confrontation.
This video has been edited.
Can't tell if the OC'er was headed home when the officer allegedly followed him or if he was baiting the officer.

I can't watch it right now, but when I saw the original video it was clear: he started walking home after the parking issue was settled, but then noticed the officer was following him, so he continued on past his house.

Other than the "Can I help you?" (which is a perfectly reasonable way to put someone on notice that you know they're following you), the OCer did not confront the officer, and instead made every effort to avoid him, taking quite a long walk and turning corners, only to find the guy still dogging him, even after they'd had a conversation about open carry.